PDA

View Full Version : TED NUGENTS GUN CONTROL

Chuntsman949
05-14-2010, 3:44 PM
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/13/my-gun-control/

awesome read hahaha

OleCuss
05-14-2010, 3:51 PM
There's some real humor in that - and some good common sense as well.

His language goes a bit overboard, however. And personally, I don't want anyone dead - but I want violent criminals stopped and if the only way to stop them is to use deadly force, oh well. . .

$P-Ritch$
05-14-2010, 4:06 PM
There's some real humor in that - and some good common sense as well.

His language goes a bit overboard, however. And personally, I don't want anyone dead - but I want violent criminals stopped and if the only way to stop them is to use deadly force, oh well. . .

+1, I don't think anyone actually wants to kill anyone, even if they are the scum of the earth. However, if push came to shove, I wouldn't hesitate. Sure beats just becoming another statistic.

CnCFunFactory
05-14-2010, 4:12 PM
Uncle Ted Rocks!:punk:

Dr Rockso
05-14-2010, 4:13 PM
That was pretty amusing.
Conversely, gun control a la Ted Nugent is putting the second shot through the same hole as the first shot, where innocent lives are saved and recidivistic maggots come to a screeching halt, felled by the lovely ballet of good over evil we call the "Double Tap Center Mass Boogie."

He's definitely preaching to the choir, though. I can't imagine many non-gunowners are going to read that and start opposing gun control.

erik
05-14-2010, 4:16 PM
♥ :)

Chuntsman949
05-14-2010, 4:22 PM
yah hes a bit salty, but its all great. It really makes sense hahah.

turbogg
05-14-2010, 5:40 PM
That was entertaining! Ted would have fit right in as a rugged, charismatic, member of "Roosevelt's rough riders" of the 1800's

jaymz
05-14-2010, 5:54 PM
"Drive a bad guy nuts. Then shoot him". Sig line material.

Lulfas
05-14-2010, 6:48 PM
He pumps up people on his side of view (right wing, gun owner), and makes everyone else hate the cause just a little bit more. He talks a big game for being a draft dodger.

postal
05-14-2010, 6:53 PM
If I got elected president, I hope Ted would play at my inaugeration.

OleCuss
05-14-2010, 7:55 PM
Never really cared for his music.

And I'd really prefer that the people who end up looking like they represent us came across as people who are professional and don't want to kill anyone.

Last thing we really need are prominent people claiming to represent us out there saying (whether in jest or not) that they want to kill people. It's one thing to say you have the right to have deadly force available to stop bad guys from hurting others - it comes across very differently if you say you want to have guns so that you can kill the bad guys. The intent may be very different but the message received by the average voter is not the one we need for them to receive.

So yeah, it was entertaining in a somewhat distasteful way - and I think Ted Nugent is actually using common sense. But I want him to shut up until he figures out to say it in a helpful way.

bodger
05-14-2010, 8:12 PM
That was entertaining! Ted would have fit right in as a rugged, charismatic, member of "Roosevelt's rough riders" of the 1800's

Too bad he decided he didn't fit in with the U.S. military when called to serve with the rest of us during the Vietnam War.

I like his pro-gun stance, but that's about it. I don't see how he thinks he can dodge the draft and then puff himself up as an uber-patriot 35 years later.

nn3453
05-14-2010, 8:13 PM
Personally, I think Ted Nugent is a raving lunatic (remember the "Obama suck on this" on stage insanity while pretending to suck on the muzzle end of a rifle?). He pretends to be a blue collar icon, but comes across as a madman. People fall for the fake patriotism, while forgetting that he dodged the draft. The NRA would do well to distance themselves from him, but I suppose a lot of members like that kind of stuff (I am a life member and pro NRA). Just my opinion. You may not like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8RIiTyhMI

echo1
05-14-2010, 8:36 PM
Never really cared for his music.
And I'd really prefer that the people who end up looking like they represent us came across as people who are professional and don't want to kill anyone.
Last thing we really need are prominent people claiming to represent us out there saying (whether in jest or not) that they want to kill people. It's one thing to say you have the right to have deadly force available to stop bad guys from hurting others - it comes across very differently if you say you want to have guns so that you can kill the bad guys. The intent may be very different but the message received by the average voter is not the one we need for them to receive.
So yeah, it was entertaining in a somewhat distasteful way - and I think Ted Nugent is actually using common sense. But I want him to shut up until he figures out to say it in a helpful way.
Yes he's out there, that's his style. He's on the NRAs' board and his notoriety can turn heads. What can YOU do to get in national print. If you carry, then you have to know death can occur as a consequence of your actions, or are you a warning shot kind of guy? PAX

postal
05-14-2010, 9:01 PM
Too bad he decided he didn't fit in with the U.S. military when called to serve with the rest of us during the Vietnam War.

I like his pro-gun stance, but that's about it. I don't see how he thinks he can dodge the draft and then puff himself up as an uber-patriot 35 years later.

Too young to have known about this. As a veteran of 6 yrs of service, I retract my previous post.

I wanted to smack bill klinton upside the head for "acting" somber while placing a wreath on the Tomb of the Unkown Soldier on Memorial Day. I dont have the time of day for a draft dodger.

Army
05-14-2010, 9:06 PM
Did not dodge the draft. Silly rhetoric only makes you look silly too.

Nuge had a 1Y student deferment.

He told the stupid Rolling Stone writer the made-up tale of pooping his pants at the MEPS station, figuring it would be a hoot and get laughs.....but it took on a life of its own, resulting in you guys repeating it here.

Dr Rockso
05-14-2010, 9:09 PM
Personally, I think Ted Nugent is a raving lunatic (remember the "Obama suck on this" on stage insanity while pretending to suck on the muzzle end of a rifle?). He pretends to be a blue collar icon, but comes across as a madman. People fall for the fake patriotism, while forgetting that he dodged the draft. The NRA would do well to distance themselves from him, but I suppose a lot of members like that kind of stuff (I am a life member and pro NRA). Just my opinion. You may not like it.

vy8RIiTyhMI

Wow...video description says this was in California. You guys think those ARs had BBs? I don't mind Ted making a fool of himself in amusing ways, but I'd prefer he not be representing the largest gun-rights organization while he was doing it.

Bill Carson
05-14-2010, 9:12 PM
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/13/my-gun-control/

awesome read hahaha

any relation to Ted Nugent. This is probably an unpopular view but Ted Nugent is not the guy I want to see speaking on behalf of gun owners.

OleCuss
05-14-2010, 9:18 PM
are you a warning shot kind of guy? PAX

No. I'm not a warning shot kind of guy. I'm someone who wants people who are empowered to use deadly force to be trained and equipped and deadly. The real professionals don't go around with excess bravado. They don't take lightly the taking of another life - but they are willing to do it if that is the best way to defend life and/or liberty.

Roadrunner
05-14-2010, 9:19 PM
Quite frankly, I think Nugent says what most of us think. I personally don't want to kill anyone. In fact I'm a very peace loving kind of guy. But if My family or I am attacked, I want to be able to defend them. If that means the maggot dies, so be it. Better them than me.As for his display in that You Tube video, that's Ted Nugents on stage persona. He's been doing that for nearly a half century, and he's made big bucks doing it. Regarding his draft dodging antics, I won't justify it or defend it. I suppose the question should be, what has he done to atone for it?

EDIT: If what Army says is true, and I don't doubt it is, then I would suspect that the whiny liberals want it to be true, so they keep telling the tale because, after all, Ted said it was true.

cmaynes
05-14-2010, 9:41 PM
Nugent is cool and fun but he isnt doing any favors for the community in dealing with the anti-gun crowd- I much prefer Chuck Norris as an evangelist for the cause.... Or Rick Perry.

Lulfas
05-14-2010, 9:54 PM
Did not dodge the draft. Silly rhetoric only makes you look silly too.

Nuge had a 1Y student deferment.

He told the stupid Rolling Stone writer the made-up tale of pooping his pants at the MEPS station, figuring it would be a hoot and get laughs.....but it took on a life of its own, resulting in you guys repeating it here.

After giving the same story about pooping and urinating on himself for over a decade, he did change his story. In the interview where he said everything he said for the previous 13 years was a lie,

"he admitted that he had "not wanted to get his *** blown off in Vietnam," but made note of a tour he made with the USO in 2004 to Fallujah and Afghanistan as support of his assertion that "I am not a coward."

Add in the rumors of his pedophilia (such as Courtney Love admitting giving him oral sex at the age of 12, or his becoming the legal guardian of his underage girlfriend), and he really isn't a good point person.

jaymz
05-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Add in the rumors of his pedophilia (such as Courtney Love admitting giving him oral sex at the age of 12, or his becoming the legal guardian of his underage girlfriend), and he really isn't a good point person.

Courtney Love? Really? There's a treasure chest of credible information. :rolleyes:

FirstFlight
05-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Uncle Ted Rocks!:punk:

Amen...Uncle Ted for NRA president.

cmaynes
05-15-2010, 1:13 PM
After giving the same story about pooping and urinating on himself for over a decade, he did change his story. In the interview where he said everything he said for the previous 13 years was a lie,

So how has he changed? I am not calling the man a liar, but I do not trust liars in my affairs. My affairs require my 2A rights.

Lulfas
05-15-2010, 3:52 PM
So how has he changed? I am not calling the man a liar, but I do not trust liars in my affairs. My affairs require my 2A rights.

He told the story about pooping himself and being covered in urine for 13 years. Now he says the story was just BS he said because the liberals were dumb enough to fall for it.

Army
05-15-2010, 8:43 PM
He hasn't been saying the story for 13 years, liberal idiots have.

Ted, while bombastic and not known for keeping his mouth shut when needed, will voice what we all want to say to ignorant anti-gun pukes.

His concerts are non-stop guns, hunting, and Praise the Constitution, with a little rock & roll squeezed in on occasion. I would dare say that he has made more converts to our cause, than not.

GoodEyeSniper
05-16-2010, 3:06 AM

Yeah, because we all know the Vietnam war was such a just and constitutional war :rolleyes:

If Obama decided to reinstate the draft, and start a war with some random, small country in SW Asia. I'm sure you'd be more than happy to up and join the cause when you got drafted, right? Or are you not patriotic?

edit: i have the utmost respect for those who have served in any war, and have family and good friends who served in Vietnam. I still think there was so much wrong with it, and can respect those who chose not to serve as well.

Midian
05-16-2010, 6:25 AM
I say go Ted. He's hilarious on that otherwise snoozefest called Cam&Company on Sirius Radio.

Uncle Ted lays it all out, in great sensationalistic fashion, to ruffle the feathers of the anti-gunners. I think it's great. Some of them probably cry when they read this. I'm sure NPR will have a whispering, calming commentary on it.

As for the Nuge getting out of Vietnam, who can goddamn blame him?

Draft Dodging might be a way of life in the US if President Asshat and Company are stupid enough to start a war with Iran that we shouldn't fight and can't afford.

PonchoTA
05-16-2010, 8:54 AM
VVU4U19rfvc

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."

Tacom
05-16-2010, 9:16 AM
I liked his stance on enviromentalism when he was on Anthony Bourdain's show

about 2:40 into the video. To keep it on topic, guns near the end of the clip at 5:40.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_aSglGw88U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_aSglGw88U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Maestro Pistolero
05-16-2010, 9:24 AM
Ted's right, course, and just kooky enough to make the rest of us look pretty normal. Go, Ted!

Glock-matic
05-16-2010, 10:19 AM
VVU4U19rfvc

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."

I bet PBS just loved that video. But he is right, the right to defend ourselves was granted by a higher authority than that given, by us, to 535 clowns in congress.

KylaGWolf
05-16-2010, 10:58 AM
While I may not always like what Ted has to say in this article he made good points really. As to him dodging the draft. I can't say one way or the other since I was not actually there at the time. I do know that if The Rolling Stone was anti war they just MIGHT make something up to get higher readership. I had a step-brother that came home from Nam in a wheelchair and a quadriplegic. Thing is when the first gulf war happened he would have joined up just to run over Saddam in his wheelchair and that was his exact quote.

Maestro Pistolero
05-16-2010, 11:04 AM
If he truly "dodged" the draft, as opposed to deferment, what were the charges, and when were they filed?

FirstFlight
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I guess all the Ted Nugent bashing is over. Now my two cents worth. If Ted was as bad and nasty as the bashers say, why is it the top NRA management supports him? He is invited to speak and/or just work his way through NRA convention crowds shaking hands, signing autographs and passing on his words of wisdom. The crowds love him. As mentioned earlier in these threads he is always invited to appear on the on-line NRA streaming video station for one of his humor filled factual interviews. Ted does not believe in being politically correct. He tells it like it really is! It is obvious that the anti gun left is afraid of him just because he does. Oh, by the way, did I forget to mention that Ted Nugent is also a member of the NRA Board of Directors? Give em hell Ted!