PDA

View Full Version : What legal action can I take..Botach Tactical

whlgun
05-14-2010, 2:51 PM
I attempted to purchase a shotgun from botach tactical that I won on gunbroker. Shotgun was paid for and botach sent my shotgun without paperwork. 3 weeks later paperwork arrived but they sent the wrong shotgun. I waited for about a month and a half for my shotgun that I paid for. Week after week excuses on why they couldnt get it. About 3 weeks ago I asked for a refund. They have been dodging my calls and last friday I finally spoke with a manager. He said he would credit my credit card and it would take 24-48 hours. Since they have been ignoring my calls not returning calls and refusing to transfer me to a manager. Keep in mind one of the managers gave me his cell number to reach him a week ago. I have been calling every number listed 3 times a day and nobody has returned my calls and nobody can help me.

Any advice

Amount in question is 425$

caoboy
05-14-2010, 2:56 PM
Small claims, is it worth your time? Either get the gun, or your money.

whlgun
05-14-2010, 3:04 PM
I would like to get my money but how? I cant just make them pay me I have tried with no luck. They have acknowledged that they owe me money and stated that they would reimburse me but they have made no effort to do so for weeks

n2k
05-14-2010, 3:18 PM
Call the credit card issuer and inform them of the problem. Have them initiate a charge back. You normally have 90 days from date of purchase to file a claim.

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/credit_card_chargeback_rights.php

whlgun
05-14-2010, 3:25 PM
I believe it has been more then 90 days from when the card was charged. Ill look into that thanks.

G17GUY
05-14-2010, 3:34 PM
I believe it has been more then 90 days from when the card was charged. Ill look into that thanks.

The CC company will take care of you.

whlgun
05-14-2010, 4:01 PM
I have my credit card company taking care of it. Thanks for the help.

A word of advice dont deal with Botach

ccandgc
05-14-2010, 4:05 PM
I hope the CC company resolves it. I just got the GG&G claymore trailer hitch cover from Botach without any problems.

CnCFunFactory
05-14-2010, 4:37 PM
Botach is really hit or miss. I have had both experiences with them. I just don't shop there anymore unless it's a crazy deal of some kind.

dfletcher
05-14-2010, 4:56 PM
I have my credit card company taking care of it. Thanks for the help.

A word of advice dont deal with Botach

I think the general rule is you have 30 days after you receive your statement to dispute, the cc may do more if they like. You may have to write a "this is why I shouldn't have to pay" statement.

What happened to the shotgun they sent - mailed back to them?

BKinzey
05-14-2010, 9:10 PM
Botach must have gotten their business plan from Fry's.:rofl2::rofl2:

Found some good deals there but it's a gamble on them screwing up the order.:(

Army
05-14-2010, 9:37 PM
Last thing I ordered from Botach, took well over a year to receive.

Eight O Clock
05-14-2010, 9:40 PM
I once was put in charge of collecting unpaid invoices for a business I worked for. The laws in America are REALLY slanted in favor of people who DONT and WONT pay their bills.

abusalim81
05-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Contact Better Bussiness Beuroe (BBB), I had a similiar situation a while ago and I contacted them... they sent a email to the company and the manager emailed me the next day scared ****less!

thatrogue
05-14-2010, 10:36 PM
BBB?... As a business that is a member they facilitate and moderate the dispute...they do no ball busting. Have no faith in anything other than a bad rating. If it says they are bad they have got to be horrible.

mofo74
05-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Last thing I ordered from Botach, took well over a year to receive.

Holy crap... so there's hope!

I'm going on almost two years.

Thanks Botach:thumbsup:

FastFinger
05-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Fed law gives you the right to dispute credit card charges, with certain conditions. One being that you must notify the bank within 60 days of when the bank sent you the statement with the disputed transaction. Not 60 days from the purchase, or posting, or due date, or when you receive the bill. 60 days from when they popped it in the mail, don't know when that clock starts if you only rcv online statements, I'd guess the day they make that available to you, but best check that first.

There are other conditions, and many banks will waive some of them in favor of the consumer.

Generally the BBB is a farce, I'd put them way down on my list of services to petition.

FortCourageArmory
05-15-2010, 12:14 AM
What happened to the shotgun they sent - mailed back to them?
We sent it back to them...after they took four weeks to get us a return tag.

Apocalypsenerd
05-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Generally the BBB is a farce, I'd put them way down on my list of services to petition.

This has not been my experience. I've had 2-3 occasions to contact the BBB and it always ended working very well for me.

A couple times I have simply told the business that unless they complied with my requests they were getting a BBB complaint. They usually jumped to fix the problem real quick.

thrillhouse700
05-15-2010, 1:58 AM
They are in LA why don't you take a road trip? Go in with your receipt and demand your money? Or maybe I read somewhere that they have a fake business front or something.

Everyone should email them asking questions about something they have on sale then tell them never mind I just read reviews about your shoddy business practices on a web forum, no order for you.

jonni
05-15-2010, 2:21 AM
^^^ they only allow LEO into their premises

a user here on CGN works for botach and takes care of any issues. You may want to send him a PM

hill billy
05-15-2010, 9:23 AM
They are in LA why don't you take a road trip? Go in with your receipt and demand your money? Or maybe I read somewhere that they have a fake business front or something.

Everyone should email them asking questions about something they have on sale then tell them never mind I just read reviews about your shoddy business practices on a web forum, no order for you.

This what I was thinking. They aren't even 30 minutes from you. Go beat on their door. Botach has a well deserved reputation for the suck. Next time google them. I think I might make a call to the DOJ as well.

whlgun
05-16-2010, 4:40 PM
I would like to say thanks to Tim at Fort Courage Armory that also had to go through this ordeal with me. I cant say enough about what a great business you run.

As for botach. Still no response from them even though I have there managers private number. They are just horrible people to deal with.

My credit card company has gone ahead with a charge back

thebronze
05-16-2010, 5:24 PM
Botch is THE WORST!

Do a search on Glock Talk (in the Cop Talk section) and you'll get your fill of horror stories from Botach.

They suck. Period.

YubaRiver
05-16-2010, 5:35 PM
The bait and switch seems to be a common "tactic" with Botach.

I had the same thing happen to me with some emergency sleeping bags.
I ordered 6 and they sent me cheep little space blankets from another
manufacturer instead. As these were to be Christmas presents, it blew
that timing while I waited for a refund.

thrillhouse700
05-16-2010, 5:47 PM
^^^ they only allow LEO into their premises

a user here on CGN works for botach and takes care of any issues. You may want to send him a PM

Can this user explain to CGN why his business is so full of suck and dishonesty? Not crapping on you Jonni that's good info for OP. I was just wondering if this member has ever come forth with apologies or any sort of information as to why the company he works for is so shoddy? Just because of all the bad things I hear about them I would never order anything from them.

USMC JW
05-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Wow am I glad I read all of your comments...was just about to order (From Botach) the Streamlight TLR-2 and in a couple of months once they were in I was set to get the Truglo TFO sights for my M&P 45. Even if they had gotten those orders right I don't want to support a business that doesn't take care of its customers. We've all been on the bad end of deals like the ones that have been mentioned. Anyone reccomend an inexpensive site for the items I mentioned? Thanks!

Pvt. Cowboy
05-17-2010, 12:53 PM
BOTACH:

Bend
Over
To
Accept
C***
Hammering

This is not news, CalGuns friends.

mig79
05-17-2010, 1:48 PM
BOTACH:

Bend
Over
To
Accept
C***
Hammering

This is not news, CalGuns friends.

FUNNY:rofl2:

Cos
05-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, not always and not necessary...

I had a problem with PayPal and then their CC issuer (some crap like Chase or worst). They were booting me for 4 months and then told me to get lost because they are unable to refund my money ($450 or so).

Avoiding PayPal's s^%theads and any of their affiliates since then :(