PDA

View Full Version : Leatherwood ART II

X-NewYawker
05-14-2010, 1:43 PM
A pal from the range has a M40 style rifle that he got YEARS ago with a Leatherwood ART II 3-9 power scope. He wants to replace it with a US Optics 3.5-22X -- I think he should keep the M40 and the Leatherwood together -- and get a new custom 308 (GAP? ) for the USO scope to go on. Opinions on keeping together or breaking up? Gun was made by a group called "tactical Operations" in L.A.

Any=one know anything about these builders?

BONECUTTER
05-14-2010, 1:49 PM
Gun was made by a group called "tactical Operations" in L.A.

Tactical Ops is in Beverly Hill and make some of the most accurate bolt guns. The have a .25MOA guarantee...or at least they used to.

Good guys with a great rep. Google search Tango51 and Bravo51 and will see reviews of their rifles.

-hanko
05-14-2010, 3:16 PM
A pal from the range has a M40 style rifle that he got YEARS ago with a Leatherwood ART II 3-9 power scope. He wants to replace it with a US Optics 3.5-22X -- I think he should keep the M40 and the Leatherwood together -- and get a new custom 308 (GAP? ) for the USO scope to go on. Opinions on keeping together or breaking up? Gun was made by a group called "tactical Operations" in L.A.

www.tacticaloperations.com for starters.

I'd keep the gun and glass together, maybe have your pal call the builder and add a little provenance to the gun. Option B is of course to switch scopes and mounts and keep the ART II glass, rings, and base.

-hanko