PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, stupid question.

jandmtv
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I got a call from a friend yesterday, he has a Arsenal SLR95 and wanted to ask me if he could bring it into California if he installed a mag lock on it. So I checked the list and all I could find was Arsenal SLR (all) on the list. From what I remember, the (all) means nothing since they have to be named by exact model number, right? which means he is ok to bring his SLR95 into CA as long as he has a maglock and only brings in 10 round mags right?

Shotgun Man
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Not a stupid question. It sounds legal but risky, like it could result in court battles because the firearm is not clearly off the list.

bwiese
05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Don't push Harrott.

Yes, Harrott requires make/model specificity and refutes broad AR or AK 'series' concept. We've taken it as far as it needs to go.

But there's some risk the Kasler list entry of "SLR (all)" could readily be found by a bad judge to be sufficiently clear enough to mean any submodel of Arsenal rifle prefixed with SLR-.....

It might be defendable even, but why worry about the grief and push it for a few hundred buck rifle?

We do not need, nor want, to fight "son-of-Harrott" about "sub-series" up the appeals channel at this time.

Josh3239
05-14-2010, 11:30 AM
I believe you are mixing up lists. The Kasler list is the one that bans all rifles produced by Arsenal with model SLR, any SLR. That rifle is a no-go here.

SKSer
05-14-2010, 12:39 PM
If i was him I would sell it and buy a cali-legal AK type rifle before coming in, why worry about it.

IrishPirate
05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
pretty sure it's a no go. if he's just visiting have him leave it at home. If he's moving he should sell it and buy something PRK friendly, or leave it out of state and hope the walls come tumbling down soon so he can go get it and bring it back