PDA

View Full Version : Legal to GET my barrel threaded for- My Stag Model 6L- Also stainless steel finishes?

CoyoteHunter555
05-13-2010, 9:08 PM
I want a muzzle break on my stag model 6L. I have read/heard it is illegal to thread the barrel of a gun in CA but no confirmations. I wouldnt bother trying myself. Can anybody do it legally? Gunsmiths, etc... How much would I roughly be looking at? $$$

Also, Barrel finishes?? I like the finish of the stainless steel barrel as it comes on the Stag Model 6L, but want it darker like on this upper

*Sabre Defence 24 Inch SS Fluted Barrel With 12 Inch Vented Free Float Upper*

I saw one today at the range and loved the way its color went with the all black rifle. Any suggestions on getting it done?? Costs?$$$

Thanks for all the help

Jared

pedro_c111
05-13-2010, 9:11 PM
You should be able to legaly get your rifle barrel threaded anywhere. It's on handguns that its illegal.

ke6guj
05-13-2010, 9:20 PM
I want a muzzle break on my stag model 6L. I have read/heard it is illegal to thread the barrel of a gun in CA anyways and I wouldnt bother trying myself. Can anybody do it Legally?? Gunsmiths, etc... How much would I roughly be looking at? $$$
you read/heard wrong. In CA, threaded barrels are only regulated on semi-automatic pistols that have detachable magazines. ALL other firearm types may have threaded barrels without violating a law.

CoyoteHunter555
05-13-2010, 9:21 PM
you read/heard wrong. In CA, threaded barrels are only regulated on semi-automatic pistols that have detachable magazines. ALL other firearm types may have threaded barrels without violating a law.

Thanks Jack

CoyoteHunter555
05-13-2010, 10:02 PM
You should be able to legaly get your rifle barrel threaded anywhere. It's on handguns that its illegal.

Thanks for the help Pedro