View Full Version : bushmaster question

05-13-2010, 6:54 PM
hey guys,

i am looking at getting a new upper for my JD lower, and was wondering if anybody has a bushmaster upper on a JD lower and if the fit good.

also wondering if anybody has the upper, 24" Varminter Upper, and if they like it. I am looking for a 20in plus upper for my JD lower

Thanks for the help

05-13-2010, 6:55 PM
Should fit fine, most lower/upper fit without a problem

05-13-2010, 7:10 PM
thanks Noobert.

05-13-2010, 8:08 PM
not your description, but i bought a bushmaster upper, 11.5 w/permanent attached 5.5 suppressor. i had failure to feed problems, got a new bolt gas ring kit, (no help). tried to accessorize, w/ an ncstar 4 rail handguard, noticed an alignment problem, after several months, finally found out that the barrel nut, was not completely tightened, causing the carrier gas key to loosen, when it was forced into the gas tube. the same with the handguard alignment. tightened it, and everything is fine. i advised bushmaster of this issue. if you get one, look into the upper receiver, from the bottom, and make sure that the gas tube is aligned with the channel.

also, recently bought a 24" varmint upper from galati, for $499, have'nt shot it yet, but everything seems to work fine, and looks cool