PDA

View Full Version : A new Sheriff

taloft
03-11-2006, 2:59 PM
I went down to meet Mr. Bruce Ruff today. He is running for Sheriff of San Diego County. I asked him what his stance was on CCW. He's pro gun all the way. He wants to meet with gun owners and shop owners to come up with a set of guidelines for issuing CCW permits. If you can legally own a firearm, have taken the carry classes needed, then he will issue. He feels that his opponent is way too antigun.

He feels that situations like the San Ysidro McDonald's shooting spree could have ended with less fatalities had a couple of people been carrying that day. He believes that crime goes down in the area when people are permitted to carry. For those who are curious, he's Republican. Overall, he struck me as forthright. I listened to the man speak for about 1/2 an hour, and I can tell you he has common sense. If we can get him elected, this will be good for San Diego gun owners.

Stanze
03-11-2006, 3:01 PM
I went down to meet Mr. Bruce Ruff today. He is running for Sheriff of San Diego County. I asked him what his stance was on CCW. He's pro gun all the way. He wants to meet with gun owners and shop owners to come up with a set of guidelines for issuing CCW permits. If you can legally own a firearm, have taken the carry classes needed, then he will issue. He feels that his opponent is way too antigun.

He feels that situations like the San Ysidro McDonald's shooting spree could have ended with less fatalities had a couple of people been carrying that day. He believes that crime goes down in the area when people are permitted to carry. For those who are curious, he's Republican. Overall, he struck me as forthright. I listened to the man speak for about 1/2 an hour, and I can tell you he has common sense. If we can get him elected, this will be good for San Diego gun owners.

He's got my vote!:)

DV8
03-11-2006, 3:43 PM
Hes got mine too!

cjp85
03-11-2006, 5:12 PM
Great to hear. I'm out in Alpine, but can I still vote for him or do I have to live in the city of SD? Also will this help everyone in SD country or just those in the city with CCW issuing? Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm young and haven't been voting very long.

taloft
03-11-2006, 5:31 PM
Great to hear. I'm out in Alpine, but can I still vote for him or do I have to live in the city of SD? Also will this help everyone in SD country or just those in the city with CCW issuing? Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm young and haven't been voting very long.

No such thing as a dumb question, just dumb answers.;) Sheriff is a County wide post. It helps everyone in the County. Since he wants to use San Diego as a role model for the benefits of legal carry, it could wind up helping everyone in the state. You should be able to vote for him. Don't take my word for it, you can check him out at www.bruff4sheriff.com if you wish to help, His phone# and email are on this page as well. It makes for some interesting reading. If you want to make a donation to his campaign it must be as follows:

1. Must be a personal check to the campaign.
2. May not exceed $500.00
3. Are tax deductible.

Please make the check payable to:

Bruce Ruff for Sheriff 2006

Mail to:

6453 Dehesa Road
El Cajon, Ca. 92019

I'm sure he would be grateful for all the support he can get.

paladin4415
03-11-2006, 8:02 PM
I hate to be a wet blanket...but Bruce has no hope. He seems to be a nice guy and I love his firearms position, but Bill Kolender will be the Sheriff here as long as he wants to be (IMHO). His political machine is incredible and he beloved by his deputies (at least most of them). Bruce has run several times before without much success. I've lived here all my life and been an LEO for a long time and thats how I see it.

grammaton76
03-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Bill Kolender will be the Sheriff here as long as he wants to be (IMHO).

Wasn't there a post here a while back about how Kolender was coming up for a term limit or mandatory retirement age, or something?

grammaton76
03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm sure he would be grateful for all the support he can get.

Hey, if you have any ongoing rapport with him, any chance that you could get him to stick a PDF on his website with his positions on CCW? Nothing about Kolender's of course, simply what his are. I think that would get it out of the realm of being something which Kolender could consider a false statement if he starts playing dirty...

I think if he were to talk to a number of the gun shops in the county, he'd get several of 'em willing to put them up.

I know I've wondered who to vote for for sheriff in the past, and really haven't had much data to go on. If I'd known then what I know about Kolender now, I'd have voted against him every single election. If I recall, I typically abstain from voting on sheriff, since I just don't know anything about either candidate. I'm pretty sure there are a LOT of folks who would do the same, but simply don't have information about it at all.

taloft
03-12-2006, 12:08 AM
I suggested it at the gun shop as well.
I sent him a link to this thread, and asked him to read it so that anything I said that was incorrect could be corrected. He emailed me back, and said that he would take a look at it, and get back to me if something was wrong. So far, he hasn't emailed me again. He has a publicist to advise him on what he needs on his website. He was looking for someone to help him get his site in order as well. Change all the pdf. into html. If you want, just email him with your concerns. Don't be shy, he's very approchable. The address is on his website. If he hears it from more than one person, he may be more inclined to do so. However, he may have strategic reasons for not doing so.