PDA

View Full Version : Anybody But Sandra

Brian617
05-13-2010, 2:12 PM
Is this a bad idea?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9987/img05051.jpg

The election is less than four weeks away and Hunter's bumper stickers aren't done yet. I felt like I had to do something.

Window_Seat
05-13-2010, 2:21 PM
Interesting shop tweaking. At any rate, this kind of image might rub the majority of the mainstream the wrong way, and specifically vote for SH because of it, and that wouldn't look good for our cause.

Erik.

RomanDad
05-13-2010, 2:27 PM
I can't really see the details on my bberry. But at first blush I've got no problem with it.

IGOTDIRT4U
05-13-2010, 3:19 PM
I actually saw a Hyundai sedan on Monday on the toll road with almost the same exact wording on the rear window. It sure catches your eye. If anything, it will at least get people to look more into who is running and why.

Brian617
05-14-2010, 9:41 AM
I actually saw a Hyundai sedan on Monday on the toll road with almost the same exact wording on the rear window. It sure catches your eye. If anything, it will at least get people to look more into who is running and why.

Yeah, I think that's the most I can hope to accomplish. I think our biggest threat is people voting for the incumbent just because they think they feel safe in Orange County.

a1c
05-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Well I'm not in OC nor do I have an opinion on this race, but it seems to me that suggesting anybody else - without supporting a specific candidate - is a poor strategy. You're just splitting the votes between two other guys.

maxwellca21
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
cool car...where did you do your paint job at?

Sobriquet
05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I've got no problems with you supporting someone besides Sandra (if I lived in OC, I'd be there with ya!), but I think supporting one candidate might be more effective.

tango-52
05-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Remember, the June election is a primary. To win in June, someone has to get 50%+1 votes. Otherwise, the top two vote-getters face each other in November. In Orange County, there are three candidates for Sheriff, two are pro gun, and the incumbent is anti-gun. The best situation would be to have the two pro gun candidates receive more votes than the incumbent, knocking her out of the November general election. The same situation exists in San Diego. So in OC, vote for anyone but Hutchens. In San Diego, anyone but Gore. ;)

Doheny
05-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I've got no problems with you supporting someone besides Sandra (if I lived in OC, I'd be there with ya!), but I think supporting one candidate might be more effective.

I agree. It seems to me that the folks who say ABS are nearly always Hunter supporters(probably because he's trailing in third.)

What's wrong with the concept of supporting one candidate to beat her?

Brian617
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Well I'm not in OC nor do I have an opinion on this race, but it seems to me that suggesting anybody else - without supporting a specific candidate - is a poor strategy. You're just splitting the votes between two other guys.

Like tango said, since this is a primary election, any vote for Hunt or Hunter is a vote against Hutchens. In this case, I think it's more beneficial to have more than one candidate running against Hutchens since she will be less likely to get that 50%+1 vote.

tiki
05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
cool car...where did you do your paint job at?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds paint and body?

Legasat
05-14-2010, 1:55 PM
I don't think speaking your mind is a bad idea...almost ever!

N6ATF
05-14-2010, 3:35 PM

+11