PDA

View Full Version : need family law + firearms attorney in SF

Trigger
05-13-2010, 11:47 AM
A buddy of mine has been arrested and charged with domestic violence last night and has had his guns confiscated at the time of arrest. I don't know much more in the way of details as I haven't heard his (or her for that matter) side of the story yet.

What I do know, is that he needs a good lawyer to defend him and hopefully get his firearms back.

I looked on the front page of Calguns, but the three attorneys listed there are in Southern California (2 of 'em) or the South Bay Area (the other). Can anyone suggest someone in or near San Francisco that could handle this sort of case?

Please PM me. And thanks in advance.

1BigPea
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
You can contact the Cal Guns Foundation at 800-556-2109

They will be able to point you in the right direction.

bwiese
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I'd recommend not being concerned about a relatively small distance that tens if not hundreds of thousands of commuters go thru every day.

Give Don Kilmer in SJ a call. He's worked quite a few cases in SF including a very recent CGF matter which we'll soon discuss.

I don't know of any gun lawyers in SF, and Don has a background in "family law" as well - plus interest in seizure matters etc.

jdberger
05-13-2010, 12:08 PM
+1 for Don Kilmer.

Window_Seat
05-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Donald Kilmer (http://www.dklawoffice.com/)

Also, here are the numbers to the CalGuns Foundation:

650-275-1015

800-556-2109

Also, read this thread: If you get in trouble with the law for your guns - PLEASE contact CGF (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245866)

Erik.

Trigger
05-13-2010, 1:38 PM
Thanks all! I've got my buddy set up to talk to Donald Kilmer's outfit as soon as he gets out (bail paid at 4am, but not released yet due to a "computer glitch", but that's another story).

calixt0
05-14-2010, 1:10 PM
if your a man in san francisco who is accused of domestic violence give it up. My brother is going through this and is into it untold thousands of dollars with no end in site. hasn't seen his son in over a year. no evidence or pictures of bruises or scratches.. only the word of an estranged spouse and the words of a prompted child... the original abuse call came in because my brother took his son to church... claimed pushed her down the stairs.. no scratches or bruises on her going down 15+ tile stairs, house was not torn apart or even not neat, nothing broken... still arrested and restraining order filed... still going through court both to see his son (family stuff), and criminal stuff. No evidence.. just her accusation.

from my perspective it doesn't bode well for your buddy.

bwiese
05-14-2010, 1:12 PM
if your a man in san francisco who is accused of domestic violence give it up. My brother is going through this and is into it untold thousands of dollars with no end in site.....

from my perspective it doesn't bode well for your buddy.

IGNORE THE ABOVE... all cases are different.

Please get competent representation as directed above; esp as this matter is at the nexus of family law and gun law.

calixt0
05-14-2010, 2:32 PM
IGNORE THE ABOVE... all cases are different.

Please get competent representation as directed above; esp as this matter is at the nexus of family law and gun law.

bwiese is right.. I didn't intend to discourage your fight. all cases are different. Just didn't wan't any false hopes...