PDA

View Full Version : AZ vs. CA - Real life crime - Rack one up for the good guys

Corbin Dallas
05-13-2010, 9:06 AM
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_b961fceb-afc6-5f61-90ee-721dfb81049f.html

The headline would read much different if this happened here in CA.

calixt0
05-13-2010, 9:16 AM
so true... In California the last sentence that refers to the victims would have been referring to the criminals instead of the business owners who were protecting theirs.

winnre
05-13-2010, 9:19 AM
Only one shot in the shotgun?

socalblue
05-13-2010, 9:25 AM
Only one shot in the shotgun?

With his employee being forced into the office may have been the only one he had. Notice he but stroked the suspect later?

windrider
05-13-2010, 9:27 AM
Thats the type of news I like to read about.

FatalKitty
05-13-2010, 9:30 AM
Locked door, lol - stupid thugs.

247Nino
05-13-2010, 9:30 AM
so true... In California the last sentence that refers to the victims would have been referring to the criminals instead of the business owners who were protecting theirs.

Criminals get lots of love here in California.

Window_Seat
05-13-2010, 9:48 AM
I'm seeing more of these kinds of news articles come out, so it will be interesting to see the reactions of the Legislatures of other states as this sort of lawful defense is publicized. One cannot just ignore something like this, especially when it gets in their faces, like the Tea Party movement.

If crime is really something that lawmakers want to focus on deterring, they better really start paying attention, especially if they want to keep their jobs.

Erik.

wkd4496
05-13-2010, 9:51 AM
California version: Local car alarm shop raided and all employees were murdered in cold blood. The criminals are still at large...BREAKING NEWS!! TIGER WOODS DIVORCE SCHEDULED FOR..!

But in all seriousness kudos to the AZ shop-keep and his employees. BG got what they deserved.

$P-Ritch$
05-13-2010, 9:56 AM
The employee retrieved a handgun from his tool kit and fatally shot Lopez, who turned his gun on the employee.

Now that's being prepared. Most businesses in CA seem to have an absolutely no firearms policy for their employees.

stitchnicklas
05-13-2010, 9:57 AM
hell yeah ,thug life is dead life..

Lone_Gunman
05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Stith was wounded in the lower extremities, while Carlos Peyron was hit in the back of the head with the stock of the shotgun.

Buttstroke FTW!

winnre
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Now that's being prepared. Most businesses in CA seem to have an absolutely no firearms policy for their employees.

It's not a firearm, it's a tool. :>

mstlaurent
05-13-2010, 10:42 AM
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_b961fceb-afc6-5f61-90ee-721dfb81049f.html

The headline would read much different if this happened here in CA.

The California headline would have been, "Shootout at local store leaves one dead." Because in their minds the dead thug is a victim.

Glock22Fan
05-13-2010, 10:53 AM
The California headline would have been, "Shootout at local store leaves one dead." Because in their minds the dead thug is a victim.

or "Unrestricted gun ownership causes yet another unnecessary death!"

nk-1911
05-13-2010, 11:04 AM
The victims held the suspects at gunpoint until police officers arrived two minutes after the shooting was reported.

Police responded quickly. Great job!

signal5delta
05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
I live in Kalifornia and I am tired of their Liberalism. I know I could just move but I'll just stay and hope it gets better.
I went to Georgia last year to visit my brother and what a difference between Georgia and Kalifornia. I loved it but the wife has family here and doesn't want to leave.If I were single I would be out of here in a flash.
Jim

thrillhouse700
05-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Cali version: Owner of shop being charged with aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a club, use of unnecessary force with a club, having shotgun stock with weight over California KG limit, Locking doors so criminals can't escape, police searched shop and found assault weapons and ak-47s and missile launchers, Family of victim is suing shop owner and shop owner faces death penalty.

Update!!!: Shop owner released on bail then helicopter lands on freeway to re-arrest for hi cap mags.

Packy14
05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
strong work

cmaynes
05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Damn- good to see evil put down. I hope the Owner heals up quick...

tuolumnejim
05-13-2010, 12:03 PM
The only down side I see here besides the one good guy getting wounded is that not all the bad guys are layed out on slabs.

6114DAVE
05-13-2010, 12:04 PM
The only down side I see here besides the one good guy getting wounded is that not all the bad guys are layed out on slabs.

hell yeah:43:

CRACKERJACK
05-13-2010, 2:15 PM
California version: Local car alarm shop raided and all employees were murdered in cold blood. The criminals are still at large...BREAKING NEWS!! TIGER WOODS DIVORCE SCHEDULED FOR..!

It's painful how true this statement is.

JDoe
05-13-2010, 2:49 PM
The victims held the suspects at gunpoint until police officers arrived two minutes after the shooting was reported.

The old, "When seconds count..." thing again.

damoni
05-13-2010, 3:21 PM
Good for them! They should get a pat on the back and a firm handshake! Good thing that didn't happen here in California, The "victims" would be brought up on murder charges and civil lawsuits because they infringed on the BG'S right to steal from them!

damoni
05-13-2010, 3:34 PM
We, (California) should support Arizona, not boycott like Los Angeles! They are only boycotting Arizona, (which is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard) because elections are coming up and politicians want minority votes. Disgusting! .

Unit74
05-13-2010, 4:00 PM

Yea.... But they are all going to take a ride for murder at least. Any death which resulted from criminal activity on your behalf is murder.

warbird
05-13-2010, 4:02 PM
Californians should go in and ask for products from Arizona and support those sellers. The government can deny support for Arizona but if Arizona knows the consumer supports them then I think they will know the boycott has to fail. Make sure that your local candidate does not support the boycott and if they do make it clear that you will not vote for them. They use the microphone to shout you down but if you stand up and quietly say I cannot support you because of your support for the boycott of a neighboring state. Then walk out and you will do more damage to a candidate's chances than he/she can ever recover from even if no one else does it. And the biggest message we can send to all politicans is that if they are in office then they are responsible for this country's mess and we want all of them gone. If they voted for it then yes. If they didn't and could not find a way to stop it they are incompetent or they were smart enough to step aside trying to be held blameless for something they went along with. Either way htey need to go this year. Make it a clean sweep within two years.

damoni
05-13-2010, 5:23 PM
A M E N !!!!

Colt-45
05-13-2010, 5:39 PM
Once incidents like these keep repeating themselves crime will decrease. Criminals will think twice before attempting to rob businesses. The liberal ideology for armed robbery is "give them what they want", this will never lower crime rates, in the contrary it will increase crime because of how it becomes to commit the crime.

+1 for Arizona gun policy.

advocatusdiaboli
05-13-2010, 8:34 PM
Originally Posted by mstlaurent
or "Unrestricted gun ownership causes yet another unnecessary death!"

And...SF DA Kamala Harris leads a task force at Mayor's request to determine if the murder victims civil rights were violated. Charges are expected in the morning and the aggrieved families of the victims are filing civil lawsuits tomorrow. Protests sporadically occurred throughout the downtown with chants of "Lawless gun ownership and self-defense must stop. Stop the killing!". Film at 11.

advocatusdiaboli
05-13-2010, 8:40 PM

As oft quoted here (something along these lines):" you have seconds to live or die but fear not--help is minutes away."

PS: edited to note I am not blaming the LEOs--they just cannot cover it all in the SHTF city any more.

PSS: I bought my Sig Equinox P229 .40 from a gun dealer in AZ through my FFL rather than give my business to this 2A denying state (before all this flap about this cr*p about SB1070) and I will continue to help them and other free states with my purchases of firearms, ammunition, and everything else I can. I am emboldened by this call for a boycott and will counter it with all I can muster. I know this will burden my LGSs but they'll have to bear with me as I give some away--sometimes sacrifices need to be made.

Veggie
05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I work with a partner late at night in Stockton outside mostly in a 5 acre area or so. If someone were to come kill me and my partner no one would know til the next day. I wish I could carry my pistol there.

Ishooter
05-14-2010, 12:12 AM
According to that news, the owner/employee must have some good skills.

m98
05-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Criminals ALL want to come to Kommifornia. Why? Because it's the Land OF Many Criminal Opportunities. Where else can you put up a Law Suit on the person or place who you were robbing or going to kill because you can.....

Kommifornias MOTO: "When Lives are in Danger, cops are only Minutes Away"

Joe788
05-14-2010, 8:34 AM
Great story! I LOLed at this:

while Carlos Peyron was hit in the back of the head with the stock of the shotgun.

Peyron was the guy who got shot with the shotgun at the beginning. Shot by a shotgun, and then smashed in the head with it later. Double PWNAGE!:cheers2:

huck
05-14-2010, 8:40 AM
Cali version: Owner of shop being charged with aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a club, use of unnecessary force with a club, having shotgun stock with weight over California KG limit, Locking doors so criminals can't escape, police searched shop and found assault weapons and ak-47s and missile launchers, Family of victim is suing shop owner and shop owner faces death penalty.

Update!!!: Shop owner released on bail then helicopter lands on freeway to re-arrest for hi cap mags.

You forgot kidnapping - since he locked the doors on the poor guys.

CD MCKINNEY
05-14-2010, 3:07 PM
Here in Phoenix,

I carry this 10MM concealed [IWB]:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj381/CDMCKINNEY/DSCF0002.jpg

I carry this .380 pocket backup:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj381/CDMCKINNEY/NAARMS380.jpg

I carry this concealed:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj381/CDMCKINNEY/4_29897.jpg

I keep this loaded in my car trunk:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj381/CDMCKINNEY/DTI.jpg

I keep this next to my bed:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj381/CDMCKINNEY/870.jpg

This .45 under my pillow:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj381/CDMCKINNEY/DSCF0002-1.jpg

ALL perfectly legal, and I don't worry about anything.....

stormy_clothing
05-14-2010, 3:16 PM
dang so 2 bad guys survived only to leach off tax payer money in the penitentiary system :(

turbogg
05-14-2010, 5:52 PM
I work with a partner late at night in Stockton outside mostly in a 5 acre area or so. If someone were to come kill me and my partner no one would know til the next day. I wish I could carry my pistol there.

Sounds like you should have a firearm available working late at night and outside. Are you in a rural area, or near lots of homes, schools, etc?

turbogg
05-14-2010, 5:56 PM
We, (California) should support Arizona, not boycott like Los Angeles! They are only boycotting Arizona, (which is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard) because elections are coming up and politicians want minority votes. Disgusting! .

I agree completely :patriot:

DarthSean
05-14-2010, 6:03 PM

Police responded quickly. Great job!

That is an excellent response time, but it is still 2 minutes AFTER the store got robbed.

muntz
05-15-2010, 6:29 PM
These poor people. We drove them to it. I thing everyone of us should bear the responsiblity. This is after all Mexifornia, how could you sell out your own?

jaydog
05-15-2010, 6:35 PM
I am glad the police arrived quickly. I wish they understood that law abiding armed citizens are on their side and helping them with criminals. Gun or no gun, I would stop my car and defend and help a P.O. if they were struggling with a criminal. It really should be a team effort against crime.

m98
05-15-2010, 8:23 PM
I am glad the police arrived quickly. I wish they understood that law abiding armed citizens are on their side and helping them with criminals. Gun or no gun, I would stop my car and defend and help a P.O. if they were struggling with a criminal. It really should be a team effort against crime.

I think one would really risk the chance of getting shot/killed by an leo in need of a hand ESPECIALLY here in Mexifornia IMO.

jaydog
05-15-2010, 8:42 PM
Yeah, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would do it for you too.

I think one would really risk the chance of getting shot/killed by an leo in need of a hand ESPECIALLY here in Mexifornia IMO.

m98
05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would do it for you too.

The biggest problem is here in the mexifornia, you would die almost for nothing other than just trying to save the other persons life.....Nothing would be gained from it in terms of getting our 2a back to where it's supposed to be...All it'll come out to is, "criminals have guns and that gun killed a cop and a bystander that coming to the aid of the officer"...."We Need more heftier Gun Legislation".....

Arondos
05-16-2010, 8:37 AM
I have a parking lot next door, with a 6 foot chain link fence that has plastic woven through it so you can't really see through it.

One night I heard a solo LEO directing. Driver get out of the vehicle move back towards my voice. Then a passenger, then a third passenger.

I thought about going outside and offering help, but from the tone he had when someone didn't listen and the way it was being handled there was no way I was going out there unarmed. There was also no way I was walking up on an LEO in the middle of a stressful stop with a weapon because I probably would get my butt shot. So he remained on his own. Fortunately it went off without a hitch and he got some backup.

But bottom line is the freak out over anybody with a gun kept an officer from getting assistance he could have probably used even if it was just an extra body to even the odds.

Pistolero Pete
05-16-2010, 9:40 AM
dang so 2 bad guys survived only to leach off tax payer money in the penitentiary system :(

+1 :yes:

KylaGWolf
05-16-2010, 10:37 AM

But in all seriousness kudos to the AZ shop-keep and his employees. BG got what they deserved.

Actually it would be more like: Tiger Woods divorce hearing is set for .... and on local news. Shop keeper being charged with one count murder and two counts assault with a deadly weapon for the shooting and beating of poor misunderstood youths that were only asking for a handout from said shopkeeper.

KylaGWolf
05-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Californians should go in and ask for products from Arizona and support those sellers. The government can deny support for Arizona but if Arizona knows the consumer supports them then I think they will know the boycott has to fail. Make sure that your local candidate does not support the boycott and if they do make it clear that you will not vote for them. They use the microphone to shout you down but if you stand up and quietly say I cannot support you because of your support for the boycott of a neighboring state. Then walk out and you will do more damage to a candidate's chances than he/she can ever recover from even if no one else does it. And the biggest message we can send to all politicans is that if they are in office then they are responsible for this country's mess and we want all of them gone. If they voted for it then yes. If they didn't and could not find a way to stop it they are incompetent or they were smart enough to step aside trying to be held blameless for something they went along with. Either way htey need to go this year. Make it a clean sweep within two years.

Exactly. I already know my city councilman voted for a city resolution to boycot Arizona here in San Diego so I will NOT vote for him. I won't vote for our mayor when he is up for reelection either. Or my state and county reps that think this law should be revoked. I will also give all the money I can to companies that support the AZ law and to AZ companies. As for LA its a cesspit and I don't go there unless I have no choice and I will give as little money to that town as I can. Which sucks because I have yet to see Iron Man 2 and I have been really wanting to see it might be about the only movie I will see anytime soon.

Ed_in_Sac
05-22-2010, 5:50 AM
It's painful how true this statement is.
Not long before a story like this happening in CA will read: "Revolutionary Soldiers liberated a auto parts shop from US Tyranny. The auto parts are being distributed to citizens in Juarez from whom that land was originally stolen...VIVA."

Forestgnome
05-22-2010, 6:53 AM
This story really warmed my heart. Sometimes even in Kalifornia!

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15121305?nclick_check=1

Davidoff
05-22-2010, 11:13 AM
That is an excellent response time, but it is still 2 minutes AFTER the store got robbed.

To be precise, it was 2 minutes after the shooting was reported to police. We have no idea how long after the initial BG entry the police arrived. Luckily for the good guys here, these gangbangers were about as proficient with their firearms as the Taliban. Four on Two is not very good odds.

Eddie1965
05-22-2010, 8:17 PM
This story reminded me why I got the Mossberg 590, if I run out of ammo, I'll always have the bayonet :)