PDA

View Full Version : Which Lower to get Kaiser Defense or Spikes?

Joe22
05-12-2010, 9:39 PM
Starting my first ar build and local shops have Kaiser Defense and Spikes Tactical Lowers for 120 so thats where i'm gonna start.. Which one you guys think I should get?

Lucky7
05-12-2010, 9:41 PM
Whichever one you like the looks of better. I don't know if they still do but KD used to make the lowers for Spikes Tactical.

UserM4
05-12-2010, 9:50 PM
And KD used to make lowers for Noveske too.

FCinCA
05-12-2010, 9:55 PM
KD is no longer around as they were bought out. It all comes down to what you want for markings. The nice thing about KD was that it was made in San Diego, CA. :D

The DRis
05-12-2010, 9:56 PM
KD is around. Out of AZ now

xxINKxx
05-12-2010, 9:56 PM
You sure? There contact info still says San Diego?

Ide choose KD, because its always good to support a CA company, and they also supported calguns with the KD calguns lowers they made..

Only thing I dont like about spikes is there spider logo othey put on everything is pretty hideous..

Joe22
05-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Alright so whichever one I get its gonna be a good lower.. They also have the Spikes with the safe, semi, auto symbols in color which look pretty cool for 140.. Humm

The DRis
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't have a KD. But I like my spikes. Or go with a Mega. Top notch finish.

The DRis
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Ink,

I stand corrected. On two counts. They are no longer Kaiser Defense but Kaiser Works. And they are still in SD. Oops.

ChrisTKHarris
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Get a MEGA.

CHS
05-12-2010, 10:08 PM
KD is around. Out of AZ now

No. That's Kaiserworks, run by one of the co-founders of KD.

The original machine shop that made KD lowers is still run by the other co-founder as JD Machine Technology.

JD still makes lowers for Spikes, Noveske and SOG Armory.

JD is some good stuff.

RT13
05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Kaiser Defense has got to be one of if not the nicest lower out there. Super clean and smooth with good finish and fit. Do you like quality or cool logos? I think KD has broken up into two companies that make JDM and the Mega. They also made the Noveske N4 lowers. But there are still KD KR5 lowers out there. I was lucky enough to acquire two of them with sequential serial numbers, KR5 lowers. I love these lowers.

CHS
05-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Kaiser Defense has got to be one of if not the nicest lower out there. Super clean and smooth with good finish and fit. Do you like quality or cool logos? KD has broken up into two companies and make JD and Mega lowers. They also made the Noveeske N4 lowers. But there are still KD KR5 lowers out there. I was lucky enough to acquire two of them with sequential serial numbers, KR5 lowers. I love these lowers.

Uhh, Mega is an independent company.

Kaiser does not and has not made Mega lowers.
JD does not and has not made Mega lowers.

Mega makes Mega lowers.