View Full Version : Davis Industries Derringer

03-11-2006, 12:34 AM
I recently inherited a few guns. One being a Davis Industries D-22. Problem is, this gun is not assembled. I believe it has all the parts needed to be put back together, but I just don't know how. Anybody have one of these, or a manual, or a write up, or something that could be of assistance to me?

Some of it seems pretty straight forward, but the springs and balls keep me guessing. I really have no clue what I'm doing.

03-11-2006, 1:09 AM
hey can you post up pics.. i want to see

03-11-2006, 1:20 AM
The shop foreman bought davis out after the big oakland lawsuit, took the company to AZ, the company is called "his last name which is hispanic" industries...someone might be able to fill the blank in...or try egunparts.com

03-11-2006, 1:47 AM
My GF is sleeping, and all my camera equipment is in the room.

I did manage to get it put together. But I lost a spring in the process. Seems to be the spring that controls the individual barrel firing. Basically this cam is held onto the trigger by a spring and a ball. The cam determines which barrel fires. Without that cam in there both barrels should fire at once. I only assume this since when I dry fire the gun both firing pins move forward at the same time.

Here's the scary part... I still have springs and balls left over. And some piece of metal I have no clue where to put it. eek.

Obviously I'm not going to shoot this gun. But it's neat to see it together again. I haven't seen it assembled since the early 90's. Derringers are cool. :D

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

03-11-2006, 1:48 AM
Are these legal to buy anymore?
I'd like another one. Maybe a blued one, or a black chrome, or something. This one needs to be refinished. It hasn't had the most plush life.

03-11-2006, 2:05 AM
ya these guns are neat i wanna get one too

03-11-2006, 9:30 AM
[QUOTE=Justang]Are these legal to buy anymore? QUOTE]
Not in City of LA.

03-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I Could be wrong about this but I thought Davis became Cobra Arms of Utah. Something in the back of my mind says Davis and Cobra are linked in some way. Take a look at http://www.cobrapistols.com/ and see if any of their products look familiar. If they do their are manuals available in PDF. :)

Santa Cruz Armory
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Does it look like this one?

I hope this helps...

03-11-2006, 11:41 AM
that is exactly what it looks like.

I found the spring I lost, so I'm gonna take it apart again and see what I can see. I'll take a pic of all the parts I have, maybe you can tell me if they all go on this gun. I'm not sure some of them do.

03-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Here's a pic of everything that was in the container where the gun was. I don't know if all the parts are for this gun, or if some just got mixed up. I know where some of the parts go, so I put them next to their respective parts. Off to the right are all the parts I don't know what to do with.

here's a close up of what the parts look like. The flash was bright, so the washer on the right doesn't show up as well. But you get it's basic shape from the above picture.

03-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Here's the schematic diagram, hope you have the complete part.

Scroll down up to page 5.

03-11-2006, 11:35 PM
I've got it all together again, but still have 3 balls, one spring, and that screw with the ball on the end.

I honestly don't know where they go. Or even if the screw with the ball is part of this gun. I'm pretty sure it's not.

But where do the 3 balls and 1 spring go? I have the spring in the safety, trigger, and hammer. All the places where balls can go, are full of balls.

Are these guns supposed to shoot both rounds at once? Or one at a time. Dry firing it, both firing pins are forced forward.

Santa Cruz Armory
03-12-2006, 7:54 AM
I was looking on the DOJ list...are these legal to own ?? I hope so, this was a gift from my sister years ago. :confused:

03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm not finding them on the approved list either. I know they used to be. I think I read someplace it expired on the list, and since Davis is no longer, it won't be placed back on the list.

03-12-2006, 1:20 PM

03-12-2006, 1:32 PM
I'm not sure how that works. I would think they'd be grandfathered in. But I have common sense when it comes to firearms. The state does not. :(

03-12-2006, 4:27 PM
You cannot buy a new one but you can buy a used one via a private party transfer

Cobra's derringers are listed and legal...you can get one for 75-125 bucks

sa champion
03-14-2006, 8:23 PM
Are these guns supposed to shoot both rounds at once? Or one at a time. Dry firing it, both firing pins are forced forward.

No, they're NOT supposed to fire together. Only one at a time.

03-14-2006, 8:58 PM
I believe the hispanic arms company is "Jimenez" arms or something.

03-15-2006, 1:28 AM
The Jimenez Arms "safety feature" is the very manly 20 lb trigger pull (not kidding). People will think you are very nervous about shooting the thing because your hand will be shaking trying to get it to go off.