PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster M4A3 Carbine

GunDog
05-12-2010, 8:30 PM
While living in Washington State I legally purchased a Bushmaster M4A3 Carbine. Great gun and fun to shoot. Problem is when I relocated to California 5 years ago, I had to leave the Bushmaster with a friend in Washington State because of this state's restrictive gun laws. Since being here in California I have heard about such things as "approved" or "off-list" lowers although, I don't fully understand the term or the consequences thereof. Is it okay for me to bring the upper receiver of my Bushmaster into California and then mount it on one of the so-called "approved off-list lowers?" Any information is greatly appreciated. It's really bugging me having to leave Bushmaster out of state but, needless to say I want to stary on the right side of the law.

Colt-45
05-20-2010, 5:34 PM
You need an off list lower, a bullet button and 10 round magazines. Uppers are ok.

professorhard
05-20-2010, 5:40 PM
Epic fail

Toast
05-20-2010, 6:00 PM
You need an off list lower, a bullet button and 10 round magazines. Uppers are ok.

Or you can pin the stock, get a compensator and replace the pistol grip with a CA legal one and be able to drop mags.

professorhard
05-20-2010, 6:16 PM
Or you can pin the stock, get a compensator and replace the pistol grip with a CA legal one and be able to drop mags.

Nope this is 100% incorrect. Bushmaster lowers are listed assault weapons so unless he is a LEO he can't bring it to CA

Colt-45
05-20-2010, 8:14 PM
Where did I "epic fail"?

Ducman
05-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Where did I "epic fail"?
he probably meant for the OP because this is the gallery.

Toast
05-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Nope this is 100% incorrect. Bushmaster lowers are listed assault weapons so unless he is a LEO he can't bring it to CA

I meant that as a response to using a bullet button.

CelticRanger
06-10-2010, 3:12 AM

Exactly. Go home, strip your bushmaster and leave the lower. Then put it all on your new CA legal lower w/ BB

ZX-10R
06-10-2010, 7:04 AM
Same thing here. I had to get rid of guns when I was coming back from WA to CA. Welcome. I had to buy a BB and put it on my PSL. WASR got sold, Olympic AR got sold...It was a tragic day. CA gun laws are weak. Just like its government and how it takes from the people who work flipping hard and gives to the lazy.