PDA

View Full Version : Need some help figuring out AR Pistols

alpalwal
05-12-2010, 2:10 PM
I searched and read up a bunch but I'm still having some issues figuring out the best/cheapest way to get a pistol lower.

From what I understand if an out of state company wants to ship you a pistol lower it has to be a complete single shot rifle?

What's going on is I found a cheap 11.5" upper I want to use and I'm having the guy I purchased it from hold onto it until I can legally take possession of it. I could just have him ship it to an out of state dealer but I don't know which dealers would be ok with that.

I don't have any LEO friends that are looking to sell their lowers and the only pistol lower I saw for sale recently was down in San Diego.

Any tips on the best way to go about this?

djleisure
05-12-2010, 2:45 PM
You might want to talk to user glock_holiday. He's with Quentin Laser and I got one of my Draco's from him. He also has had some AR pistol specials that he has posted in the "commercial sales" section. I bet he would work with you to just have your upper sent to him and he'll attach it to one of his lowers and Californicate it, then send it your way. I have no idea what the total cost would be, but his prices have always been very reasonable.

Other than that, you might just have to keep your eyes on the forums here for a PPT - that's how I got mine.

Here's a link to one of his AR pistol threads.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245051

Quiet
05-12-2010, 2:52 PM
From what I understand if an out of state company wants to ship you a pistol lower it has to be a complete single shot rifle pistol?

Fixed.

Needs to be a completed single-shot pistol with a barrel length of 6" or greater & an OAL of 10.5" or greater, not a rifle.

alpalwal
05-12-2010, 3:06 PM
Fixed.

Needs to be a completed single-shot pistol with a barrel length of 6" or greater & an OAL of 10.5" or greater, not a rifle.

Woops. That's what I meant. Thanks for clearing that up though.

djleisure - thanks for the link, I'll definitely give him a shout

Z ME FLY
05-12-2010, 3:08 PM
I can understand that it is hard to get an ar pistol lower. Usually it is pretty pricey for a PPT or you have to send everything off to get it built like DJ said.

That's why I'm going to finish an 80% paperweight, less hassle for me and I can just have it until I decide I want an AR.

223Devil
05-12-2010, 5:32 PM
Goto AWS (https://cssales.biz/Products.html)

Buy a complete Rock River Arms pistol lower from them. Send them your 11.5 upper and single shot sled. They build it (w/ bullet button) and send it to your FFL

Easy. Enjoy

Complete lower with BB and shipping cost me 295.00

alpalwal
05-12-2010, 6:46 PM
Even better. Thanks, I'll give them a shout.

anniepoks
05-12-2010, 7:47 PM
Goto AWS (https://cssales.biz/Products.html)

Buy a complete Rock River Arms pistol lower from them. Send them your 11.5 upper and single shot sled. They build it (w/ bullet button) and send it to your FFL

Easy. Enjoy

Complete lower with BB and shipping cost me 295.00

wow - this sounds like a good deal.
cant wait to save a little bit more to have the pistol build i want.
thanks for the link 223devil!

Spyder
05-12-2010, 7:49 PM
I just bought a complete, ready to rock and roll, AR pistol last weekend. I'm going to end up selling the upper and buying what I want. Quick and easy and the price was right, and I'll have the lower in hand so I can do what I want with it. :D