PDA

View Full Version : SD Sheriff Pole Who You Voting For?

dotchoy
05-12-2010, 1:13 PM
SD Sheriff Poll Who You Voting For?

AEC1
05-12-2010, 1:41 PM
I am glad wildhawker is not a SD resident, that is one less vote for GORE!

Legasat
05-12-2010, 3:53 PM
This one is easy...Jay

jshoebot
05-12-2010, 4:51 PM
I'm going to Jay Lasuer. Duffy would be great, but I just haven't seen anything from his campaign whether it be in the form of yard signs or bumper stickers or commercials. My neighborhood seems to be half gore half Lasuer (if bumper stickers and yard signs are any indication).

GuyW
05-12-2010, 6:57 PM
Somebody on CalGuns voted for GORE?

....must be Gore himself....

AEC1
05-12-2010, 7:37 PM
Somebody on CalGuns voted for GORE?

....must be Gore himself....

Nope, I bet it is WH himself...

wildhawker
05-12-2010, 7:54 PM

As a long time San Diego Charger fan, don't hold your breath. San Diego County has always been a favorite of mine, and I'm sure the county won't be turning away the revenues any properties or business of mine might generate.

You're always welcome up here, and you can vote for whomever you desire.

wildhawker
05-12-2010, 7:57 PM

Actually, no. If the poll were public you'd know that. I haven't and will not vote in this poll.

Are you so incapable of civil debate that all you have left to do is make pitiful attempts at personal insults?

Satex
05-12-2010, 8:11 PM
Not Gore. I will vote for the candidate that has the best chance of replacing Gore.

GuyW
05-12-2010, 8:14 PM
...ought to change the title to read "poll".....

Pixs
05-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Not Gore. I will vote for the candidate that has the best chance of replacing Gore.
Hi Folks,
I think that BC is correct but +1 for the candidate that has the best chance of beating Gore.
Best to all
Pixs

AEC1
05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Brandon,
No personal insults at all. I am a sailor. As such I have become accustomed to friendly ribbing and teasing. That is all it is. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what you have done for this (the gun)community. I disagree with you on many things, the JLS issue is but one. However that does not mean we cannot disagree in a "friendly" manner. I appologize if you feel that it is personal.

Spend one hour in the Chief's Mess of any Naval vessal and you will understand. You will leave in one of three ways, with thick skin and a grin on your face. In tears hugging yourself for comfort, or wondering why no one talked to you. If it is the last it is because we didnt like you...

GuyW
05-15-2010, 2:18 PM
bump for weekend crowd

BTW - I'm disgusted that 3 CalGunners would vote for a JBT like GORE....

thebronze
05-15-2010, 3:02 PM
A pole is something you fish with.

A poll is something you take.

Just so ya know...

motorhead
05-15-2010, 4:51 PM
easy that. i hated john duffy's guts so another duffy is out. ruby ridge gore, no way in hell. looks like it's jay all the way.

Pixs
05-16-2010, 10:34 AM
easy that. i hated john duffy's guts so another duffy is out. ruby ridge gore, no way in hell. looks like it's jay all the way.

Hi Folks,

I, for one, don't believe "like father, like son". I'd like to hear what he has to say for himself. The one issue I see in this race is defeat Gore. Nothing to do with 2A issues, I'll let the SCOTUS deal with that.

While I'm at it; guys and gals, how about a little out reach for some allies, there are a lot of people out there that have issues with Gore, hug a liberal will yaha (even if it hurts).

Best to all,

Pixs :TFH::cool2:

Pistolero Pete
05-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Go Sheriff Jay!

GuyW
05-16-2010, 7:56 PM
Folks, I worked the Escondido Street Fair today from 9:30 am - 6 pm.

Not only was the anti-Gore Ruby Ridge information 100% appreciated by everyone with whom I spoke, but

.....the pro-Jay response from a diverse population was 100%.....

....there were no Gore supporters....

....there were no Duffy supporters...

....as well, speaking with Jay, there are great things happening in his campaign....

....to name just one, he is now on a slate-mailer by a statewide anti-tax organization, at a low cost, because ONE OF THE OTHER SHERIFF CANDIDATES DIDN'T HAVE THE $$ TO HONOR THEIR PRIOR COMMITMENT TO PAY.

The momentum for Jay is building - come HELP YOURSELF by helping Jay get into the general election....

Richie Caketown
05-16-2010, 10:17 PM
A pole is something you fish with.

A poll is something you take.

Just so ya know...

if you are a female a pole is something you take too

just saying....

edw794
05-19-2010, 6:50 PM
besides running on his late father's name, the former sheriff john duffy, can anyone tell me what has jim duffy done in his career to qualify being elected sheriff? even his own step mother, linda duffy, has endorsed bill gore along with most of john duffy's former staff and friends.

illegalalienfromarizona
05-19-2010, 7:21 PM
LaSuer has my vote. Gore has proven himself to be anti-gun ownership and just a disaster for San Diego.

Gore is simply unqualified:

http://angiemedia.com/2010/04/20/bill-gore-is-poor-choice-for-san-diego-sheriff/

Bill Gore And Ruby Ridge Government Murders

More concerning, Gore’s record as an FBI employee is fraught with problems. He was the agent in charge for the Ruby Ridge FBI assault on Randy Weaver’s family that resulted in multiple fatalities, including the death by shooting of a mother holding a baby and a child shot in the back as he fled law enforcement gunfire. The government settled out of court with a $3.1 million award to Randy Weaver for the wrongful deaths of his wife and son.

(from Shredding the Bill of Rights by Gore Vidal)

Others had done the same, including the Weaver family, who had moved to remote Ruby Ridge in Idaho. Randy Weaver was a cranky white separatist with Christian Identity beliefs. He wanted to live with his family apart from the rest of America. This was a challenge to the F.B.I. When Weaver did not show up in court to settle a minor firearms charge, they staked him out August 21, 1992. When the Weaver dog barked, they shot him; when the Weavers’ 14-year-old son fired in their direction, they shot him in the back and killed him. When Mrs. Weaver, holding a baby, came to the door F.B.I. sniper Lon Horiuchi shot her head off.

Gore is believed to be the government agent who issued the “kill on sight” orders to federal law enforcement agents that lead to the unnecessary and wrongful deaths.

Gore plead the 5th Amendment during an investigation of the FBI and US Marshall Service misconduct that resulted in the deaths at Ruby Ridge. Some speculate that Gore was merely trying to protect his law enforcement buddies who killed the Weavers rather than trying to protect himself. Even if that is so, it illustrates that Gore’s loyalties are not with the citizens and Constitution which he is supposed to protect. They lie first and foremost with the dangerous goons in law enforcement who abuse both. Obviously this makes him a poor choice for Sheriff in and of itself.
Bill Gore And 9/11 Terrorists in San Diego

Gore was also involved in the failure of the FBI to apprehend 9/11 terrorists training in San Diego to use airplanes as manned flying bombs. An FBI informant working with the FBI San Diego office, of which Gore was in charge, was in contact with two of the terrorists. Yet the FBI missed the opportunity to catch them before they killed thousands. Gore claims there was no evidence of Al Qaeda activity in San Diego and that’s why his branch didn’t find any such evidence.

(from Ex-FBI Official Assails 9/11 Report)

The congressional report on the Sept. 11 attacks is rife with inaccuracies and greatly exaggerates the possibility the terrorist acts could have been prevented, according to the former head of the FBI’s San Diego office.

In an interview, former Special Agent in Charge Bill Gore asserted there was no evidence the FBI missed opportunities to catch two of the hijackers who for months lived in San Diego.

He also said there was no evidence that anyone, including Saudi officials, knowingly assisted the terrorists.

“I believe the joint intelligence committee jumped to conclusions not supported by the facts of the FBI investigation,” Gore said. “I was convinced by the time I left the FBI [in] January that there was no Al Qaeda support network in San Diego prior to or after 9/11, and that no group of people wittingly helped the hijackers in furtherance of the 9/11 attacks.”

In its 900-page report, the joint panel of the House and Senate intelligence committees criticized the pre-Sept. 11 counterterrorism analysis done by the FBI and CIA. The report suggests there were several missed opportunities to foil the attacks, and that alleged intelligence failures were especially obvious in San Diego, where two hijackers were known to a longtime FBI informant.

Bill Gore Deploys Military Crowd Control Weapons At Political Rallies

Even if you buy into Gore’s version of the San Diego 9/11 connection and dismiss the Ruby Ridge fatalities as being somebody else’s fault, look at Gore’s track record as interim sheriff. Gore has made it clear he values control and power, including the ability to inflict harm upon citizens at political events, more than he values his nominal role in protecting citizens.

(from San Diego Sheriff deployed military crowd control device at Congressional town halls)

Rep. Susan Davis-D Calif. and Rep. Darrell Issa-R Calif. held town halls that exceeded capacity (10,000+ total attendees) and prompted the Sheriff’s Department to have Long-Range Acoustic Devices(LRADs) standing ready.

Both town halls took place without incident; however the use of the military device concerned San Diegans. The LRAD crowd control is primarily used in Iraq to control insurgents and can cause serious and lasting harm to humans.

According to the manufacturer, American Technology Corporation, the LRAD provides “military personnel the capability to transition through the rules of engagement to determine a target’s intent and also provides greater assurance that innocent lives on both sides of the device are not lost due to miscommunication.”

Grakken
05-19-2010, 8:23 PM
3 votes for Gore?

<insert obligatory "Double Facepalm" pic with a side of General Ackbar>

GuyW
05-19-2010, 8:36 PM
3 votes for Gore?

<insert obligatory "Double Facepalm" pic with a side of General Ackbar>

Yeah - especially since the NRA just officially named Gore anti-gun....

GuyW
05-20-2010, 1:23 AM
Lefties endorse GORE:

http://www.sdcitybeat.com/cms/story/detail/something_for_everyone_to_hate_part_1/9285/

ned946
05-20-2010, 8:57 AM
I'm glad to see that LaSuer has 58 votes here.

He's gonna need something like 580,000 to win though.
I STILL have yard signs.

Lets get some up!

PM me.

Crazed_SS
05-20-2010, 1:43 PM
Duffy probably. My best friend is a deputy and says a lot guys support Duffy so I guess Ill defer to their knowledge. I dont like JLS's affiliation with Sheriff Joe.

AEC1
05-20-2010, 5:31 PM
I love his afiiliation with Sheriff Joe!!!

GuyW
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Another side of Mr. Duffy:

"I was at the debate between all the sheriff candidates, Duffy had about 2-3 union buddies walking the crowd with hidden video cams, he had 2-3 guys on the outside of the public group with cameras as well, documenting everything, and the public crowd.

I realize it is all legal but I got a real creepy feeling like a police state watching those guys in plainclothes hold Duffy signs with cables going down the back of their necks into a shoulder carried satchel. As photographer I am familiar with this type of equipment. Yeah I guess Gore and the others could have been filming the public crowd as well but it was very obvious to those that know what to look for Duffy had about 5-6 union buddies with their signs and hidden cameras.

I think Duffy would be more like Gore in his willingness to install unconstitutional police procedures upon the public."

KylaGWolf
05-20-2010, 11:30 PM

Um Wildhawker would NOT vote for Gore but he also would not vote for LeSuer so you can about figure who his vote would be for.

KylaGWolf
05-20-2010, 11:31 PM

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuyW
05-20-2010, 11:31 PM
CCWs in his own words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h62SER1F3WA