View Full Version : Carrying a weapon on someone elses property

05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
My buddy and I plan on doing a lot of rucking when we get home. My questions are on the legalities of carrying a weapon and accidently stumbling on private property or lets say come accross an abandoned structure on said property. We obviously arnt talking about rucking through a city but walking through the desert or mountains. Whats the worst case scenario legally that we could face for this accident?

gun toting monkeyboy
05-12-2010, 12:44 PM
What the heck is rucking?

05-12-2010, 12:48 PM

05-12-2010, 12:51 PM
What the heck is rucking?

Odds are you will not encounter too many folk out there, but if you get hurt on their property expect tresspassing charges.

05-12-2010, 1:23 PM
Make sure the firearm is registered to you, brings it doen to a misdemeanor.

05-12-2010, 1:58 PM
Weapon? You mean firearm correct?

Trespassing would be the most likely. Depends though on who finds you and what they decide to do. If you are truly somewhere by accident then you shouldn't be charged with trespassing. I don't think mere possession of a firearm changes any of that.

I suppose you could wander into some area where firearms are prohibited or if your firearm is loaded where loaded firearms are prohibited and be charged with that. You should be aware of the general area you've picked out and what the local restrictions are. Like how close are you to National Parks, incorporated areas, military bases and such.