PDA

View Full Version : Who you guys voting for Governor & SD Sheriff

dotchoy
05-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Never mind the Sheriff part added a separate pole.

Saym14
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
please make this into a poll

NightOwl
05-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Dale Ogden: "repeal all gun control laws: the 2nd Amendment is very clear in affirming our right to self-defense: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Window_Seat
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Jerry Brown is the only Candidate who has put his money where his mouth is by submitting an Amicus Brief in favor of Incorporation in the McDonald SCOTUS CASE. The others are all wishy washy on the 2A issues.

Erik.

Legasat
05-12-2010, 2:52 PM
I am agonizing over this right now. I know JB is least anti of the candidates likely to win, but I have soooo many other problems with him.

Truth is, I just don't know yet.

MKfan
05-12-2010, 2:59 PM
I'm writing in McClintock, there aint no effin way I'll pull the lever for Brown despite what his cheerleaders here say

Federalist
05-12-2010, 5:18 PM
All of them trouble me. IMO, None of the leading candidates are true fiscal conservatives who are willing to pull back on the size and reach of government.

While Brown recently has shown himself to be pro-2A, I can't say that I believe he would govern that way. Besides, I have too many bad memories of him in that office before.

At this time, I'm leaning Poizner. But I haven't made up my mind.

Window_Seat
05-12-2010, 6:09 PM
Although I'm not a "one issue voter", my feeling on 2A issues is that if you are pro, you are less likely to be pro excessive tax & spend, big government, less privacy, you know the drill...

Again, it doesn't matter whether your name follows a (D) or (R), if you can count from 1-10 without missing anything in between...

Erik; getting the big picture.

N6ATF
05-12-2010, 9:11 PM
Hold your bloody horses. This is the gubernatorial primary election on June 8, 2010. Not the general election. That's in November.

You may only vote how your party registration allows you to vote. If you are a Republican, you CANNOT vote for Brown, or any other Democrat, on June 8. Wait until November.

My plan is to vote for Poizner in the primary to knock out the unabashed pro-criminal victim disarmer Meg Whitman, then...

Crazed_SS
05-12-2010, 9:24 PM
Brown and Duffy

wikidklown
05-13-2010, 12:20 AM
My plan is to vote for Poizner in the primary to knock out the unabashed pro-criminal victim disarmer Meg Whitman, then...

+1....

From his website:

Second Amendment Rights: Steve Poizner Supports An Individual’s Second Amendment Right To Keep And Bear Arms. Steve is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms. Steve believes that the Founders of the Constitution were crystal clear when establishing that people have the right to own guns for both recreational and defensive purposes. Steve opposes any new gun laws and will closely examine existing gun laws. He also opposes California’s recently passed ammunition registration law (AB 962), and will seek its repeal as governor.

But then again, politicians will say what you want to hear always.....

Uriah02
05-13-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm writing in McClintock, there aint no effin way I'll pull the lever for Brown despite what his cheerleaders here say

+1, I thought he was on the ballot earlier...

ja308
05-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I am voting for Poizner.
My vote for Perot ,elected Clinton and we lost 2/3 rds of all FFLs as a result .
BTW it's the democrat controlled assembly and senate where all these anti rights bills began.
Seekms reasonable to vote against every democrat on a state level.
ja308
McClintock is activily supporting Poizner as well