PDA

View Full Version : JP Enterprise Takedown pins?

Blownmotor
05-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm trying to take out some of the play in my AR where the upper meets the lower.So far my research has led me that AccuWedge is a hit or miss type deal and I found and alternative with the JP Enterprise takedown pins. My question is has anyone used it and how well dose it work compared to an AccuWedge? Dose it function like a normal takedown pin for assembly or disassembly of the rifle? Thanks in advance. BTW Yes I'm OCD.

mr2.0
05-12-2010, 1:52 AM
I have 2 Jp tension pins, one on my rifle and one spare. It's very solid, maybe too solid, took out all the play completely. The only down fall is that you need Allen wrench one side and flat head to take it in and out. Tam

gunn
05-12-2010, 6:53 AM
Save yourself a few bucks. The o-ring trick works just fine
http://home.comcast.net/~jesse99/AR_Wiggle.html

Omega13device
05-12-2010, 6:56 AM
Why does it bother you. It's part of the design of the rifle and it's not functionally "better" to have a tighter fit. Just go shoot it. :)

technique
05-12-2010, 7:02 AM
Generally, trying to fix play (that is intended to be there) with O-rings, wedges, or gizmos and gadgets...over the long run it only makes it worse.

Guns, and the parts they are made of, wear. They wear into each other often helping over all performance. Guns are funny like that.

So if you tighten it up, it's gonna wear. What are you gonna do when your pins no longer work and there is no product to fix the play then?

The King
05-12-2010, 7:20 AM
I have a JP Upper. I asked about the wedge pin when I purchased it.
JP's people told me, "not necessary".

Call and ask JP.

ar15barrels
05-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Whatever you do, don't go and actually FIRE your rifle because it makes loud noises.

We will know you have fired it when we see the new thread asking how to get rid of the sproing.

Cobrafreak
05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Do the O-ring. Fantastic fix.

mr2.0
05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Differ stroke for diff folk, if it's bother you, do it. It's not all about making your rifle better. There are a crap load of people buy stuff for their rifle that they will never use it.

b.faust
05-12-2010, 10:37 PM
When I got my first AR there was some play as well and it bugged me, my second was snug as a bug.

I used to use the O-ring trick, then I kind of stopped caring after awhile.
As many have pointed out, it doesn't have any negative outcome on your shooting.

B.