PDA

View Full Version : CRPA Make it Your Organization. Please Sign My Petition Today

obeygiant
05-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I’d like to take a moment to explain to you why I’m running, what I envision for CRPA and why you should sign these 6 petitions (http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/crpa-board/2010-CRPA-P+C-Candidates-Petition-Package.pdf) and get them back to Gene as soon as possible.

Fighting for gun rights has always been important to me; here at Calguns, I have been involved in the C3 (CGN Community Chapters) since its inception because I knew that this communty could make a difference by working together - and we have. My experience with technology and research has allowed me to support a number of important CGN and CGF efforts. Over the past year, I have come to realize that many of our efforts could have a far greater impact for our cause if the CRPA – our NRA state affiliate organization - was led by a passionate team of capable, hard-working and creative leaders. I would like to continue my work for this community by serving you at the CRPA in such a capacity.

Many Calgunners are members of the CRPA and know very little about it, what they do and who they are other than that they get a sticker when they sign up and a magazine every quarter or so. It’s been only recently, since Tom Pederson became their legislative liaison in Sacramento, that the news surrounding CRPA wasn’t tainted with other issues. I believe that filling the vacant spots on the Board and committees will make sure that the right people are steering the organization towards being California’s powerhouse of 2A rights. It’s time Sacramento took notice when CRPA walked the halls. It’s time these anti-gun legislators had a political wake-up call. With your support, I intend to provide them with a screaming headache to match the bruises they get from being tossed out on their asses.

We are the NRA, and we are the CRPA. I believe that, with your help and support, we can make the CRPA into our pro-gun organization again. If you will show your support by signing and scanning/faxing in the petitions Gene Hoffman posted for me, Mr. Combs, Mr. Nordberg, Mr. Oey, Mr. Thomas and Mr. Thomason, I believe that we can make the CRPA Mission Statement a reality.

This is our opportunity to create a legitimate pro-gun organization that Sacramento must fear and respect. Help us do that today – if you’re not already, become a CRPA member for the low cost of $22 (http://www.crpa.org/dept.aspx?dept_id=01), then sign and return the petition to Gene (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297877). Thanks for your time, trust and support.

-Ben Henslin

bwiese
05-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Hoo-ah! Excellently stated, obeygiant.

As some know, I'm proud to be a CRPA Life Member and now on the Board of the New CRPA. It's undergone a major transition, with new leadership (shout out to John Fields and Tony Montanarella!), open processes and accounting, etc. Plus CRPA has a great, skilled legislative liaison - Tom Pedersen - in Sacramento who can have the NRA back him - and vice versa. Tom is well-respected in a variety of circles there, and is one of the big reasons - besides a ton of good science - we stopped encroachment of further lead ammo regulations (and this battle is still continuing).

The New CRPA will increasingly be gunnies' 'face' in Sacramento. It helps refute arguments that "there's not that many gunnies in CA, it's NRA in Virgiina trying to put its footprint here". Nothing's further from the truth, but having our state affiliate gun org have "California" in its name, wth California members - carries great weight.

In addition, the CRPA Foundation is hammering on bad CA gun laws - you just saw two recent examples - rolling back Berkeley's AW ban (along with the Richmond hicap mag ban) - and protecting our state preemption. You can trust there will be many new thrusts by CRPA Foundation in the very near future (and you can probably guess the approximate timeframe).

We need folks; backing in support - getting to 100K CRPA membership will really really carry some weight: getting 100K Californians to do anything together besides being overtaxed'll be recognized as a major accomplishment. Having CRPA be integrated with Calgunners, with Calgunners like Obeygiant, Wildhawker, Kestryll and as well as with the traditional sporting and hunting communities is the way we'll do it...

No matter how well we do in the courts, magic doesn't occur: continual activism and political representation is always needed, and we won't be able to ever get casual the way things get thrown up in Sacramento to see if they stick to the wall.

Remember that even if (when!) we win battles for just guns proper, we will be having ongoing battles for ammo, shooting space, protection issues, ammo restrictions, hunting issues, etc. The fight always continues....

jdberger
05-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I can state with complete confidence that Ben is one of the hardest working folks at Calguns.

I'd be proud to sign your petition, Buddy!

obeygiant
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
BTT for a very important and time sensitive issue.

67Roadster
05-23-2010, 9:00 AM
bump to the top because this is important. CRPA has been worthless over the past few years, it time for new management.

bwiese
05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
bump to the top because this is important. CRPA has been worthless over the past few years, it time for new management.

The NEW MANAGEMENT IS THERE!

Perhaps you haven't heard, but CRPA has a new exec director, John Fields, who's opened up the organization, cleaned up the accounting - and a new legislative liaison who actually gets work done (and now the NRA guy doesn't have to worry about a knife in his back). I wouldn't have joined the board unless I had confidence these changes were 'real'.

We need to build our state rifle organization - the state NRA affiliate! - to get a larger membership. Getting 100K folks to join and be active in CRPA is key: getting 100,000 Californians to do anything in sync other than being overtaxed carries a lotta weight up in Sacto. And it helps show that CA gunnies are indeed active and that gunrights fights are not just "orchestrated from NRA in Virginia".

We will be having a lot of good luck in the courts, but we need to stop bad laws up & down the various governmental levels in CA from getting in the way or extending timeframes.

Experimentalist
05-23-2010, 3:52 PM
I faxed my 6 signed petitions to Gene's place a while ago.

Glad to hear that CRPA now has a clean house. Having Brandon and company on the Board will only take it to the next level.

obeygiant
05-23-2010, 7:41 PM

Glad to hear that CRPA now has a clean house. Having Brandon and company on the Board will only take it to the next level.

Thank you!

wildhawker
05-24-2010, 7:09 PM

Thank you very, very much for the support. I am very confident that this slate of 6, if elected, will work our asses off to make California free and advance our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in all levels of California government.

Creating a positive future for California gun rights starts right here, with this community. Help us do just that, Calgunners - sign these 6 petitions (https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzuDXQ308KnoZDMyMTdkMjMtZmJkZS00NDViL WE0MjItOTg2NTY2YzExODli&hl=en) today!

Form Instructions

Note: This Adobe PDF file is a “fillable” form; it can either be printed on paper and filled in by hand or typed directly into the form in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. All fields you type into the first page will automatically be copied to the other 5 petition pages.

1. Fill in the “Name of Circulator” on each of the 6 petitions.

2. Unless you collect more than 13 CRPA members’ signatures on each page, each page of the form should read “Page 1 of 1” in the top right corner (the form can have only one signature - there need not be more than one to be a valid petition).

3. The “Date Signed” will be the date the CRPA member on that line signs the petition.

4. Print the name of the CRPA member signing the petition under “Printed Name”, and then the same person should sign on the same line in the “Signature” column. Note: Even if you are the “Circulator” at the top, you’ll still need to completely fill out one of the lines for signers.

5. The signer should type or print their current residence address in the “Residence Address” column next to their printed name.

6. The signer should print their CRPA Membership Number to the right of their address in the “CRPA Mem. #” column. If you/they don’t have the CRPA Membership number, call (714) 992-2772 and ask the office to look it up for you.

7. The signer should print their date of birth for verification purposes in the “Date of Birth” column at the far right.

8. The “Circulator” of the petitions must sign at the bottom of each petition in the “Sworn To” line.

9. Scan and email, fax or mail/overnight the signed and completed petitions (and direct any questions) to:

Gene Hoffman
3200 Bridge Parkway Suite 202C
Redwood City, CA 94065

hoffmang@hoffmang.com
(650) 264-4701 FAX

Hunter
05-24-2010, 7:20 PM
Gene Hoffman
Bridge Parkway Suite 202C
Redwood City, CA 94065

hoffmang@hoffmang.com
(650) 264-4701 FAX

Shouldn't that street address say:

wildhawker
05-24-2010, 7:30 PM
Shouldn't that street address say:

Yep! Good catch.

HowardW56
05-24-2010, 7:34 PM

I scanned and E-mailed mine....

otteray
05-24-2010, 9:06 PM
I posted this on Gene's original topic; so I hope I don't get in Dutch for re-posting:
If there is anyone in the Santa Cruz area that can't download or has difficulty with the process; if you would like to sign my downloaded petition forms, please let me know and we can set up a rendezvous point and time.
Get 'er done!
Ray

chiselchst
05-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Joined, waiting for my "member number" to send forms...

wildhawker
05-25-2010, 1:10 AM
Better to call the office for the membership number (usually takes about 3 minutes); mailings can take some time and we don't have much before the petition deadline.

Lyte-
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Signed and faxed it... Paid for mine online and they sent me my # right away

Lyte-
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh damnit I just realized that was an order # not a membership # hahaha I guess I will have to resend the forms!

Lyte-
05-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Can someone PM me oaklanders # so I can tell him which forms to disregard.

I just called and got my actual membership number now I will resend the forms

freonr22
05-25-2010, 12:40 PM
did you fax them? to Gene?

Lyte-
05-25-2010, 1:07 PM
yes I did if his fax # is 650 264-4701

I need to refax the correct forums but I don't want them disqualified due to the duplication and if he is getting alot of faxes he might not notice it.

freonr22
05-25-2010, 1:09 PM
thats Gene's fax, you could pm him or email him hoffmang@hoffmang.com

Lyte-
05-25-2010, 9:40 PM
I emailed him.. no response yet but I trust he received my email

wildhawker
05-26-2010, 4:44 AM
Gene's on the road this week; we'll get an updated tally before Mon (and make sure the membership #s are GTG).

hoffmang
05-26-2010, 5:18 PM
I re-verify everything that gets to me so don't worry if something is wrong. I'll make sure we only send in the right ones.

Even on the road, I see every fax that comes in.

-Gene

chiselchst
05-31-2010, 3:37 PM
Even on the road, I see every fax that comes in.

-Gene

...and emails too? Just wanna make sure mine gets there OK...

Gene, I know "you're all over it", thanks for everything!

hoffmang
05-31-2010, 4:29 PM
...and emails too? Just wanna make sure mine gets there OK...

Gene, I know "you're all over it", thanks for everything!

It's even easier for me to inspect the emails.

-Gene

spgripside
06-01-2010, 1:06 PM
Faxed in today. Let me know if anything's missing. Thanks.

Sean