PDA

View Full Version : RB police bust legal weapons dealer

cvc04
05-11-2010, 3:00 PM
FYI http://www.insidesocal.com/crime&courts/2010/05/police-seized-82-guns-tuesday.html

barthel
05-11-2010, 3:03 PM
Swell!

Cobrafreak
05-11-2010, 3:06 PM
If he was not doing the 10 day waiting period, he was not a legal firearms dealer. At least any more.

CCWFacts
05-11-2010, 3:07 PM
The article says that the police bought weapons there without waiting periods or proper paperwork. If that's the case, then he's a rogue dealer and it benefits all of us to have him shut down.

I have a feeling that many RKBA activists underestimate the number of FFLs who do improper transfers. If this guy really was selling guns without paperwork or without following the waiting period, then I'm glad he's gone.

$P-Ritch$
05-11-2010, 3:12 PM
It also states that he was in possession of an unRAW with silencers. Big no-go.

timdps
05-11-2010, 3:20 PM
And there is that interesting $10,000 bail amount again...

Tim

1911su16b870
05-11-2010, 3:58 PM
article...

FYI http://www.insidesocal.com/crime&courts/2010/05/police-seized-82-guns-tuesday.html

BREAKING NEWS: RB police bust legal gun dealer suspected of illegally selling guns
Previous Entry
By Larry Altman on May 11, 2010 3:30 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis
Police seized 82 guns Tuesday and arrested a Gardena weapons dealer suspected of selling firearms without filling out the proper paperwork or allowing for the 10-day waiting period, investigators said.

George Cronin, 62, was arrested about 11 a.m when Redondo Beach police and federal Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms agents raided his home in the 1900 block of St. Andrews Place, Redondo Beach police Sgt. Jon Naylor said.

The Redondo Beach Police Department's Special Investigations Unit opened an investigation in late 2009 when they learned the licensed dealer was allegedly selling guns without adhering to the rules.

"Redondo Beach detectives purchased numerous firearms from Cronin without completing any documentation or waiting the required 10-day waiting period," Naylor said.

During the search Tuesday, police recovered 82 firearms, including shotguns, handguns, rifles, an unregistered assault rifle and silencers.

Cronin was booked at the Lennox station jail on suspicion of various weapons offenses. He was held on $10,000 bail.

jshoebot
05-11-2010, 4:37 PM
Isn't a bail amount of 10k a little low for all that stuff? You'd figure a guy illegally dealing weapons and possessing illegal firearms would have a higher bail than that..

bohoki
05-11-2010, 5:03 PM
and yet the doj does nothing to dealers who charge more than $35 for a ppt who are they really looking out for?

Pig Rifle
05-11-2010, 5:36 PM
Isn't a bail amount of 10k a little low for all that stuff? You'd figure a guy illegally dealing weapons and possessing illegal firearms would have a higher bail than that..

Doesn't make sense to me either. A guy gets a $20k bail amount for a concealed carry accusation, but only $10k for multiple state and federal weapons charges? Hmmmm......:nuts:

Big E
05-11-2010, 5:44 PM
Doesn't make sense to me either. A guy gets a $20k bail amount for a concealed carry accusation, but only $10k for multiple state and federal weapons charges? Hmmmm......:nuts:

Because everyone knows that the concealed carry is soooooo much more dangerous than the illegal sale of weapons.

advocatusdiaboli
05-11-2010, 6:46 PM

Naw, he probably has cartel connections and will be in Mexico by tomorrow AM saving the DA the trouble. ;-)

CSACANNONEER
05-11-2010, 7:08 PM
I did not see him listed as a FFL holder on any FFL search site. Maybe he is an 03? Who knows, he could have given an officer a bottle of coke and they are calling it a surpressor.

OTOH, if he was really breaking the law, throw the book at him.

steelrain82
05-11-2010, 7:41 PM
my question is why do peoples homes always get raided. cant the police just knock on the door and say hey we have a warrant for your arrest.

xLusi0n
05-11-2010, 7:47 PM
Sometimes the news like to sexy things up...I don't know what actually happened, but "raiding" doesn't necessarily involve kicking doors...but weapons is one of those they can get a no knock warrant...and what LEO doesn't want a chance to kick doors :D JK

my question is why do peoples homes always get raided. cant the police just knock on the door and say hey we have a warrant for your arrest.

SIP2000GLO
05-11-2010, 8:45 PM
Yeah, that's the ticket. Going to a known weapons dealer's house and just knock on the door. Mind as well line the whole troop behind the door too and just wait for the invite. For god knows how many rounds of different calibers the guy's got stashed in the house waiting to scream through that door.

Genius! Absolutely genius!

Knock it off with the insults.

steelrain82
05-12-2010, 8:02 AM
i was just commenting in general. everybodies house always gets raided.

Sgt Raven
05-12-2010, 10:37 AM
i was just commenting in general. everybodies house always gets raided.

When your only 'tool in the box' is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail. :p

macadamizer
05-12-2010, 1:01 PM

Bail is set based on potential danger to the public, and risk of flight. I haven't looked at the LA County bail schedule, but perhaps carrying a gun in public without a license is seen as more dangerous than regulatory violations. That, and maybe because the guy is an older guy, they don't expect him to not show up for hearings.

bohoki
05-13-2010, 8:27 PM
When your only 'tool in the box' is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail. :p

i guess we can thank god they dont have a screwdriver in there

i dont want to be popsicled

Bill Carson
05-13-2010, 8:35 PM
scumbag