PDA

View Full Version : Next Governor

ronyama
05-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Who should we support for the next governor? I don't know much about the candidates. I thought Arnold would support us.

Nate74
05-11-2010, 1:27 PM
Try searching by their names in the search function. Lots of good threads going on right now on this topic.

goodlookin1
05-11-2010, 1:57 PM
No candidate is going to come out and say they are in favor of more gun legislation. In this God-forsaken state, they will always play the middle and veil their true feelings. Double speak in politics comes standard like fries in a Happy Meal. In all honesty, I dont think any one of the candidates have shown their true colors. Jerry Brown "supports 2A", but likely is in favor of more gun "control", which is in step with the liberal platform. Meg Whitman was CEO of a famously and proudly anti-gun corporation "eBay"....she's a pig with republican lipstick. She's one of those "sensible gun control" types.....we get enough of that from the Brady Bunch, TYVM. Steve Poizner, he's a bit harder to figure out. From his other stuff, he seems to backtrack on what he previously held to and is willing to say whatever voters want to hear. It seems he's largely been standoff'ish on the 2A issue and "open to learning more about it". Riiiiiight....

All in all, there is not ONE candidate who favors a repealing of our draconian gun laws, and that is sad. Yes, once again we must choose the lesser of many evils.....

Big E
05-11-2010, 2:04 PM
Try searching by their names in the search function. Lots of good threads going on right now on this topic.

I agree with Nate74. I did the same thing and learned alot of stuff quickly. Keep it mind it might be old and things change, like Whitman and Poizner nearly tied as of this week. Also, their are some 25+ candidates (all parties) so if your wondering about any of the others you can find their names at Wikipedia. Happy Researching!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_gubernatorial_election,_2010

five.five-six
05-11-2010, 2:14 PM
try this thread

who's the best gov candidate (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=governor brown whitman site:calguns.net)

ronyama
05-11-2010, 2:16 PM
Thanks for the responses.

five.five-six
05-11-2010, 2:55 PM
Thanks for the responses.

NP, we are here to help..... mine was the best right?

sniper5
05-11-2010, 4:59 PM
I absolutely HATE to say this. I am actually libertarian in beliefs, but vote Republican although I have not been happy with their stances on issues lately either. I have never voted for a democrat in my life. . .ever. . .BUT Jerry Brown is the only one in the group that actually did anything positive for RKBA when he filed an amicus brief supporting incorporation in the MacDonald case.

Everyone else seems to be talking the talk but not walking the walk. Jerry may not be walking the walk yet, but he did take a baby step. That's more than I can say for the rest.

Now after saying that, I feel like I need to go vomit.

Rob454
05-11-2010, 9:45 PM
Yes, once again we must choose the lesser of many evils.....

I've been saying that for a long time now.

stitchnicklas
05-11-2010, 11:16 PM
gun owners of california website gave Steve Poizner a "a" grade when it came to gun and is listed as one of the better gov. candidates

crackerman
05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
We are screwed by all the choices but Poizner seems to be the least of the evils.

FirstFlight
05-12-2010, 1:58 PM
We are screwed by all the choices but Poizner seems to be the least of the evils.

At this point in time, Poizner appears the lesser of evils

valkylrie
05-12-2010, 2:11 PM
There are a few independent candidates running that support strongly Support 2a. The problem is they have zero chance of success. So we are left with as it has been put “picking the lesser of two evils” yet again…
I encourage everyone to vote in the primary, and as it seems that the majority of agree Whitman isn’t for us I strongly suggest you vote for Poizner. There is still time to register as Republican or even “Decline to State” to vote in the Primary.
If you choose “Decline to State” just make sure you ask for the ballot for governor or all you will get is it props…
If we vote third party we could actually tip the favor to the candidate we least desire, Present a unified vote and we have a chance.

Glock22Fan
05-12-2010, 2:35 PM

As has been said on many different threads, vote Poizner in the primaries and hope he makes it through to November. If he doesn't, then JB is likely to be the best candidate from a RKBA viewpoint.

Meg, JB's probable opponent in November, really is a no starter - believes in "reasonable" gun control measures and has absolutely no experience in any kind of government position. From what she says - like Arnie did - she seems to think she will have real control over California ("I will do this," "I will do that"). She will, like Arnie, soon realize that her only real power is to veto bills put to her by the Dems in Saramento. Like Arnie, she will sign nearly all the left-wing rubbish coming before her. So might JB, but he is, on current form, far more likely to veto the bills we don't want passed.

There are a couple of "no-hope" candidates that say they are really in favor of RKBA, but you stand just about as much chance of your vote counting if you vote for yourself as a write-in candidate.

Bizcuits
05-12-2010, 3:09 PM
As South park put it in 2004... we can have the turd sandwich or the douche...

Midian
05-12-2010, 3:40 PM
None of the major gubernatorial candidates care about you.

Or what you want.

At all.

thrumper
05-12-2010, 4:17 PM
Wouldn't it be more effective to try and get rid of the people writing the bad gun control laws instead of worrying which gov. candidate is going to be best for gun control? The governor is just like the pres. candidate, says one thing in race then does what ever their party and the people who "donate" to their campaign want them to.

gn3hz3ku1*
05-12-2010, 4:31 PM

i feel the same way

Glock22Fan
05-12-2010, 4:42 PM
Wouldn't it be more effective to try and get rid of the people writing the bad gun control laws instead of worrying which gov. candidate is going to be best for gun control? The governor is just like the pres. candidate, says one thing in race then does what ever their party and the people who "donate" to their campaign want them to.

The whole of the California Republican party would love to get rid of these people, even though many of the republicans aren't (from our view) much better.

You will need a pretty good plan, a trunk load of money and far more recruits that we have on this board.

Sorry!