PDA

View Full Version : Video editing software

jkcerda
05-11-2010, 12:19 PM
does anybody here use http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-pro/ ?

saw a very nice video edited with it, but, there seems to be little support or tutorials in English for it:mad:

tried Adobe Premiere pro, PITA.

SuperSet
05-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Sony Vegas Movie Studio is less than $100 and will do most everything you need.

b.faust
05-11-2010, 1:33 PM
Sony Vegas Movie Studio is less than $100 and will do most everything you need.

^^^
what he said.

Vegas is great.

JDay
05-11-2010, 4:22 PM
You might want to checkout PowerDirector 8, there is even a free trial.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html

jarhead995
05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
How could you not like Premier Pro? I love the program and After Effects too. Well CS5 and CS4 at least.

ldivinag
05-12-2010, 12:30 AM
VEGAS almost looks and feels like that magix s/w.

i used to have magix and i liked the interface. then i found vegas, when it was from a company called sonic foundry. this was like version 2.

i'm now on version 8 for sony and havent looked back.

once, i d/l the trial of premiere and i couldnt get used to their interface.

Full Clip
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Vegas is cheap and effective.

Barabas
05-12-2010, 7:42 AM
Having never used Vegas, I can't speak to ease of use, but I hear rave reviews about it all of the time and the results I see are great. I do think Premier Pro has a steeper learning curve (it took me a week to feel comfortable with simple editing) but it feels more like classic, physical, film editing. Swapping files around the Suite can be annoying, but I hear that the latest version (CS5) makes it easier, but that's not really an issue with Premier Pro.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you buy the Creative Suite from Adobe, you have more tools at your disposal at the cost of a steeper learning curve and a much higher price. It will likely do anything you can ever want to do, creatively, on a computer.

SuperSet
05-12-2010, 7:45 AM
One thing about Sony Vegas is that it's prone to crashing/hanging with HD movie files. Make sure you go visit their support forum, search for 'render crashes' and follow the steps there until Sony fixes the problem.
I don't know why it happens since I'm not a computer geek but those steps help.

JDay
05-12-2010, 8:27 PM
One thing about Sony Vegas is that it's prone to crashing/hanging with HD movie files. Make sure you go visit their support forum, search for 'render crashes' and follow the steps there until Sony fixes the problem.
I don't know why it happens since I'm not a computer geek but those steps help.

Could be a memory leak.