PDA

View Full Version : Least loud muzzle break

KaLiFORNIA
05-11-2010, 8:56 AM
I know we can't have silencers but is there anything we can have that wouldn't amplify the sound, maybe somthing like a fake can

pacrimguru
05-11-2010, 9:12 AM
you can have a fake can. those don't reduce nor increase the volume level. i think running any standard flash hider or even going without a muzzle device would be the same thing though.

pipboy
05-11-2010, 9:12 AM
You could look into the Noveske KX3 flaming pig, or the Levang Linear Compensator. Those don't lessen the actual sound report, but redirects it downrange away from the shooter and adjacent people.

Other similar designs include the Troy Claymore and Spikes Tactical S.T.A.B. all are along the same concept.

pacrimguru
05-11-2010, 9:16 AM
good point!

CSACANNONEER
05-11-2010, 9:22 AM
I don't know of any muzzle BRAKE or other devise that truely amplifies or reduces noise (without it being classified as a "surpressor"). Most MBs do divert more of the sound waves back towards the shooter so, the perceived noise changes depending on where it you are in relationship to the muzzle. But, the actual amount of noise and the dbs do not change.

pheerLes
05-11-2010, 10:20 AM
No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a loudener.

I want a loudener.

HiveDR.
05-11-2010, 10:44 AM
The answer is simple get yourself better hearing protection. Cheap orange "Foamy" inserts or Walmart type head phones aren't going to cut it. Guns are loud, learn to work around it.

I find it interesting how folks will spend thousands on their guns and less than ten dollars on hearing protection. With quality hearing protections guns are not loud.

You of course will still feel some of the "muzzle blast" but heck that's half the enjoyment.

Cobrafreak
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
The quietest brake is no brake at all. Most of the sound goes forward away from the shooter. That being said, the quietest brake will have less side slots/holes vs one that has more. The one on my FAL, a Belgium small para brake is evil to the guys to my side at the range. I pity them.

05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
A brake supposes to utilize the gas energy (Sound energy) to cancel the recoil. In theory, the louder you hear, the more effective the brake.

If you use fake can, then why not choose a longer barrel for the same effect and better muzzle velocity ?

KaLiFORNIA
05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not looking for a fake can, I guess I heard somewhere even the fake cans help with sound. I know guns are loud, that's a given I just want somthing that helps muzzle rise without costing 500$ (kac triple tap)

KaLiFORNIA
05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
That isn't so obnoxious to my neiborghs

Jpach
05-11-2010, 1:10 PM
Levang Linear Comp. Im getting one. Doesnt do too much for the already light recoil of the 5.56, but I hear GREAT things about its ability to redirect sound away from the shooter. Ive even read that it sounds like a 17 HMR for the person behind the gun. http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/524840.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=524840