PDA

View Full Version : Remington ACR's in California? (might move there?)

Average Joe American
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Sorry for the noobish question that has probably come up several times but I did a search and nothing came up?

If I bought a basic ACR in Nevada where I live now and then moved to California, is there anything I need to do? Bullet button? A2 flash hider issues? Can it even be brought? The basic doesn't have a folding or collapsible stock so its almost good to go from what little I know?

Take it easy on me I am not a California resident. (not yet)

Veggie
05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Bullet button and 10rd magazines.

ChrisO
05-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Yup bullet button and 10 round mags or run it featureless have a grip wrap made for it and use any magazines you owned prior to january 1st 2000 and put a muzzle brake on it not a FH perm attached.

Veggie
05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Yup bullet button and 10 round mags or run it featureless have a grip wrap made for it and use any magazines you owned prior to january 1st 2000 and put a muzzle brake on it not a FH perm attached.

that would be a travesty!!!

snwbrdngislife
05-10-2010, 11:11 PM
or you could sell it to me and you wouldn't have to worry about it :D

$P-Ritch$
05-11-2010, 6:25 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he could only legally bring in standard-cap mags that he owned in CA before 2000. He could disassemble them and keep them in Cali, but could only reassemble them whenever out of state.

Average Joe American
05-11-2010, 9:11 PM
Ok so bullet button and 10/30 mags. Sounds decent enough? God I hate Ca. gun laws. If I didnt like Northern California outdoor life as much as I do and if family didnt live there...I really wouldnt consider moving.

CHS
05-11-2010, 9:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he could only legally bring in standard-cap mags that he owned in CA before 2000. He could disassemble them and keep them in Cali, but could only reassemble them whenever out of state.

Clarification, he only had to have possessed the hi-caps for some small period of time at any point in California before 2000. He could have just driven through California with the hi-caps, and he can still legally possess them here today and import them back into the state.

professorhard
05-11-2010, 9:32 PM
Clarification, he only had to have possessed the hi-caps for some small period of time at any point in California before 2000. He could have just driven through California with the hi-caps, and he can still legally possess them here today and import them back into the state.

+1 common misconception

Linkpimp
05-12-2010, 6:42 AM
For what it's worth.. Lanworld sells the BB's for our ACR's.

Ask for Lorrie.. She's the greatest.. I think mine cost $45.00?? something like that..

http://www.lanworldinc.com

TEL: 801-878-4880

Quick question for your Sir.. I thought Rem was military and Bush was civilian

I have the bushmaster ACR, how did you get the Remington ACR ??? You lucky bastard.. can you please post some pics for us.. I would like to see what the differences are between our two rifles..

Thanks..

Jpach
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM

Muzzle devices dont need to be perm attached unless its less than 16"....if thats what you were even saying :eek:

AlliedArmory
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
We have the Prince 50 bullet Buttons for $25 with free shipping if you are in need.

http://www.alliedarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=141&products_id=4736

Average Joe American
05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I dont own an ACR yet. Which is why I accidentally called it a Remington ACR and not the Bushmaster ACR.

I might be picking up a basic ACR if I sell my spare truck? A local shop here in Vegas has some ACR's on the shelf.

CombatMP
06-01-2010, 7:04 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I dont own an ACR yet. Which is why I accidentally called it a Remington ACR and not the Bushmaster ACR.

I might be picking up a basic ACR if I sell my spare truck? A local shop here in Vegas has some ACR's on the shelf.
Great choice,
ACR will not disappoint, guaranteed.

ArkinDomino
06-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Great choice,
ACR will not disappoint, guaranteed.

LoL

It already did!

CombatMP
06-02-2010, 7:57 AM
LoL

It already did!

Is the price out of your reach?

JTsanchez
06-02-2010, 8:03 AM
Is the price out of your reach?

Haha sorry but that was too funny to past up, but i would def. get a ACR if i had the extra cash, and i would check out Lanworld there pretty good.

ArkinDomino
06-02-2010, 9:17 AM
The price is at the level of ridiculous so I guess yeah you could say its out of my reach because I don't let myself get to that level. I tried one out awhile back and while I did like it a lot, the price range of 2200-2700 is way too much for what you get. Front heavy, lame stock and magpul sights? Not worth it IMO. I'm also not one to shy away from dropping some cash on my guns (see my AR profiles). I'm looking into getting a black SCAR however :D

MacDaddy
06-02-2010, 5:28 PM
If you get the SCAR out of state, you'll need to do what folks said above (bullet button and 10-round mags), and also pin the folder.

You can't legally import hi-cap mags. Others will tell you that you can legally buy hi-cap parts to service your grandfathered hi-cap mags, and that's true, but if you don't have grandfathered mags, then importing the parts is questionable.