PDA

View Full Version : New Law In Action: PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT

RRangel
03-09-2006, 6:59 PM
It looks like good news for gun manufacturers and businesses.

http://www.nssf.org/BP2/current/index.cfm?AoI=generic

PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT FORCES DISMISSAL OF JUNK LAWSUIT AGAINST GLOCK, RSR . . . Today, in a 58-page decision, Los Angeles-based federal district court Judge Audrey B. Collins became the first judge in the nation to dismiss a junk lawsuit based on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, signed into law by President Bush in October. The judge dismissed a public-nuisance lawsuit filed against Glock and the distributor RSR brought by victims and family members of the now infamous "Jewish Daycare Center" shooting in Los Angeles in 1999 by Buford Furrow, a crazed homicidal maniac. Furrow illegally obtained and criminally misused a Glock pistol originally sold by Glock to a Washington state police department. RSR never owned, sold or possessed the firearm. "It is fitting that this case was the first ever dismissed based on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act because the facts made this case the poster child for passage of common sense legal reform," said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF senior vice president and general counsel.

Charliegone
03-09-2006, 7:23 PM
Well good riddance!

Muzz
03-09-2006, 8:24 PM
It took 58 pages to say: "Get lost, there's a new law in town."?

bear308
03-09-2006, 8:26 PM
as a great man once said " vahoooo"

bu-bye
03-09-2006, 8:32 PM
That is good news. To bad Bushmaster had to go through what it did.

wilit
03-09-2006, 11:20 PM
It's sad it had to take the passage of a federal law for cases like this to be thrown out.

gmcem50
03-09-2006, 11:28 PM
I wonder what all the CA-haters on AR15.com will say about this?

nick1911
03-10-2006, 12:27 AM
I wonder what all the CA-haters on AR15.com will say about this?
Probably not much as this is a federal law, and the case was thrown out by a federal judge?

ETA: Which isn't to say that I don't understand your frustration.

gmcem50
03-10-2006, 9:54 AM
Probably not much as this is a federal law, and the case was thrown out by a federal judge?

ETA: Which isn't to say that I don't understand your frustration.

Yeah, but it happened in the EEEEEVIL PRK, where EVERYONE is a dope smoking hippie lib and anti-gun, and we all deserve the government we have, and we should all just drop into the ocean, and, and...:eek:

I'm sure you've read the stupidity before and seen the complete lack of intelligence displayed there by the CA haters. I get so sick of hearing it. It's like pirhanas in the Amazon; as soon as the two letters "c" and "a" are mentioned together in a sentence, the frenzy begins (and it's usually some jack***** from Texas. I have nothing against Texas. I used to live there. I love Texas. But damn, some Texans are SO arrogant about their gun laws). I had to stop participating in any CA related discussions there because of the unbridled stupidity I encountered from so many people. If you defend CA there, you are 'overly sensitive', but if you point out anything negative about anyone else's state, well look out becuase the fury is unleashed on you from every direction.

All right, I need to calm down.

Breathe slowly.....

Sorry for the rant.

Joneser5000
03-12-2006, 6:02 PM
I'm not all that thrilled with CA laws. I don't discredit their (CA haters)opinions because they are based on what they don't understand. Hell, I don't understand half of the reasoning behind the most of the laws. It is really frustrating to see other states enjoy freedoms that we can't. I love CA. It is by far the best state in the union. Its the only one that has the best of all climates beautiful beaches, deserts, forests....but I can't stand some of our politicians and the laws they pass.