PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Cali....BB question.

jaydog
05-10-2010, 7:31 PM
Do I have to have BB/mag locks installed before I bring my long guns to Cali ?

Z ME FLY
05-10-2010, 7:31 PM
Yes, unless it is featureless

jaydog
05-10-2010, 7:36 PM
Most have detachable mags so they are featured ? Right?

ke6guj
05-10-2010, 7:49 PM
a detachable mag is not a evil feature. The capability to accept a detachable mag determines if you can have evil features.

Run your rifle through the rifle AW flowchart, http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf to determine its legality.

destro360
05-10-2010, 7:51 PM
a bb is only 25 dollars. unless you understand the flow chart exactly and are completely sure i would advise installing a bb. $25.00 is cheap insurance.

Jicko
05-10-2010, 7:59 PM

1) depending on WHAT long guns are they

2) if it is not a listed AW, and it still contains CA's "evil features", then yes

3) if it is not a listed AW, you have the option to remove all the "evil features" and then just bring it in as non-AW

4) if it is a listed AW, then no BB/mag lock is able to remove it from the named list, then you should just keep the "receiver" outside of CA, and maybe rebuild it with a non-listed receiver (if possible)

dieselpower
05-10-2010, 8:01 PM

Welcome to California.
Without giving out legal advice, if you tell us exactly what long arms you are talking about we can tell you what we think.

make sure to tel us about
Pistol grips
Thumbhole or collapsing stocks
Grenade or flare launchers
Flash suppressors
forward grips

detachable or fixed magazine type.

Z ME FLY
05-10-2010, 8:11 PM
Welcome to California.
Without giving out legal advice, if you tell us exactly what long arms you are talking about we can tell you what we think.

make sure to tel us about
Pistol grips
Thumbhole or collapsing stocks
Grenade or flare launchers
Flash suppressors
forward grips

detachable or fixed magazine type.

Pictures would probably help too

destro360
05-10-2010, 8:27 PM
Still need to understand the flowchart and the laws. For example $25 BB + large capacity mag = Felony. The BB (or any other CA-compliance product for that matter) is not a magic shield that makes your rifle legal.

good thing you pointed out the obvious and repeated my entire point. "his need in understanding the flow chart exactly" and installing the bb to be on the safe side especially since most "out of state ar's" are not featureless.

Z ME FLY
05-10-2010, 8:55 PM
good thing you pointed out the obvious and repeated my entire point. "his need in understanding the flow chart exactly" and installing the bb to be on the safe side especially since most "out of state ar's" are not featureless.

Play Nice :)

destro360
05-10-2010, 9:01 PM
Play Nice :)

my point exactly. people should learn to reserve their sarcasm and "witty" comments for their dinner table etc.

jaydog
05-10-2010, 9:48 PM
saiga 12, saiga 308, hi point 995, sa socom 16, and probably a beretta cx4

Plisk
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Saiga 12 needs a BB, Saiga 308 could be featureless depending on configuration. SOCOM 16 should be GTG as long as you don;t bring any 10+ round mags with you. As for the Beretta Cx4 I don't know specifics about them being CA legal. Someone should be able to tell you the specifics about them.

Josh3239
05-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Beretta CX4's evil feature is the thumbhole stock. I think overall length is ok, but I am not sure. Overall length should be 30'' or greater. There is currently no magazine lock commericially available for the CX4 to my knowledge. We recenty had a guy move here with a CX4 and he plugged the thumbhole stock (temporary). If your interested in plugging the stock contact user 69Mach1, if not you'll have to fabricate a magazine lock.

Sam Adams
05-11-2010, 6:05 AM
In Ca. SOCOM 16, muzzle brake= good. Flash hider= bad.

jaydog
05-11-2010, 10:25 PM
WoW...thanks guys, great feedback. I am telling you right now, straight up. I would leave everything behind to bring a CX4 with me. But, the idea of plugging a thumb hole is straight up ridiculous/BS/PITA. I love my Saigas, I love the socom, hell, i even like my high point 995, but I WANNA GET A CX4 REALLY BAD !

Josh3239
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Thumbhole stock plugs: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=65435&highlight=cx4+thumbhole or don't get one.

Z ME FLY
05-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Beretta CX4's evil feature is the thumbhole stock. I think overall length is ok, but I am not sure. Overall length should be 30'' or greater. There is currently no magazine lock commericially available for the CX4 to my knowledge. We recenty had a guy move here with a CX4 and he plugged the thumbhole stock (temporary). If your interested in plugging the stock contact user 69Mach1, if not you'll have to fabricate a magazine lock.

Mach does some good work!

limitdown
05-12-2010, 4:29 AM
Buy as many pistol-caliber AR15 lowers as bank account allows before moving here. You can PPT them for a pretty penny when you arrive.

Cyc Wid It
05-12-2010, 2:50 PM
I'd suggest off-list HK's or 1911's but I guess what ^^^ said works too.