PDA

View Full Version : SacBee Sheriff Candidates Chat - starting NOW

spegull03
05-10-2010, 11:52 AM
www.sacbee.com/live

Sacramento sheriffs candidates answer questions monday, 5/10 12pm

freonr22
05-10-2010, 12:02 PM
the editor gets to choose what questions are asked...

freonr22
05-10-2010, 12:19 PM
12:17
Bret Daniels:
Brent, the dept is in a sad state of affairs. We need leadership that sets the example and makes it clear things will not be tolerated. I have a long documented history as being pro-CCW and agreeing with “Shall issue”

2:19
Captain Jim Cooper:
Brent- We do extensive background checks on our applicants and once and a while you do get a few bad apples, but the majority of the people that work for the Department are good people.
As for CCWs, I support an individual's right to defend themselves. The Sheriff's Department has been far too restrictive in the issuance of permits. I do think we need uniformity across the State on CCW's. Monday May 10, 2010 12:19 Captain Jim Cooper
12:19
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gifFrank Scafidi:
Brent: We had a Soviet spy in the FBI. Talk about disgusting. Look, we hire from the human race. The human race is imperfect. We need filters up front that will sift out the undesirables and we use all the psychological tools available to hep in the hiring process. Still, one will slip through and that brings a bit of dishonor on us all. But people should remember that those who fall into that category are the exception--not the rule. Monday May 10, 2010 12:19 Frank Scafidi

12:19
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif[Comment From Ryan Ryan: ]
With the current bare bones patrol levels, the rising crime rate and early prisoner releases, do any of the candidates support the ability for law abiding citizens to defend themselves via CCW? Monday May 10, 2010 12:19 Ryan

12:20
Bret Daniels:
Unfortunately Frank there have been too many "exceptions" the last few years Monday May 10, 2010 12:20 Bret Daniels

12:20
Scott Jones:
I am a big believer in the second amendment/right to carry, and i believe that "personal safety" is a sufficient justification for the issuance of a CCW, absent any compelling reasons to the contrary.

12:21
Bret Daniels:
scott, in the past you have said "self defense" is not good cause. have you changed your mind

12:21
Bret Daniels:
jim, you have said you want to turn it over to the State Monday May 10, 2010 12:21 Bret Daniels
12:22
Scott Jones:
My stance on CCW's has never changed.

freonr22
05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Captain Jim Cooper:
Bret- I think there should be a uniform standard becuase it varies from county to county. I still stand behind this. Monday May 10, 2010 12:22 Captain Jim Cooper
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gifFrank Scafidi:
Seems to me with all the talk of increased crime and the fact that budget cuts have put citizens at risk (McGuiness) that would seem to allow CCW to issue upon request, within the law and absent any prohibitive factors.

spegull03
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Bret, slow down on the typing! Way too many errors

freonr22
05-10-2010, 1:02 PM
12:57
Bret Daniels:
I have made several attempts to become Sheriff because I am passionate abt this county and protecting the people that live here, including my family. I was born and raised here. this is my home. I believe the citizens of Sac County deserve to get the best protection possible and I believe they deserve to protect themselves thru commonsense issuance of CCW's when we can't be there firs

GutPunch
05-10-2010, 1:09 PM
I like what Bret is saying. However, I think it would be worth while for him to slow down and post less of a "l33t" internet speak (and typos) and expand on his statements.

spegull03
05-10-2010, 1:16 PM
I was the one who asked the ccw question. Magically jones and cooper now support shall issue! Where have we heard that before...

thebronze
05-10-2010, 8:41 PM
I was the one who asked the ccw question. Magically jones and cooper now support shall issue! Where have we heard that before...

They're lying. Nothing that they've said/done up until now has given them ANY credence on that issue.

Bret Daniels
05-10-2010, 8:44 PM
My good friends, sorry abt the typo's. That format was "Chat" which is meant to be quick and hard. As you witnessed, sometimes I would answer a question and then wait for what seemed like an eternity for my opponents to I guess clear their answers with their handlers.

And yes "spegull03", you can see how the lyrics to the song have changed for my opponents because they recognize the power this and similar groups have in deciding this race. Hopefully others will recognize the insincerity as you have pointed out.

Foulball
05-10-2010, 8:49 PM
Thank you for coming to Calguns Mr. Daniels. It's very refreshing to have a Sheriff come onto a gun board (a sometimes hostile place to LEO).

Thanks again.

--

thebronze
05-10-2010, 9:17 PM
Thank you for coming to Calguns Mr. Daniels. It's very refreshing to have a Sheriff come onto a gun board (a sometimes hostile place to LEO).

Thanks again.

--

What he said, Bret.

Neither Cooper nor Jones had the fortitude to answer their own emails, let alone come on here and field questions.

You definitely have my vote and I'm telling everyone I know to vote for you.

Bizcuits
05-10-2010, 9:22 PM
They're lying. Nothing that they've said/done up until now has given them ANY credence on that issue.

Yeap. They are nothing, but more of the same.

Now Mr. Daniels... when will you get us some bumper stickers and yard signs to purchase! I'm getting sick of seeing Coopers signs everywhere.

joeyriv
05-10-2010, 9:41 PM
^^ Exactly

Lone_Gunman
05-10-2010, 9:56 PM
Where can I get a yard sign and a bumper sticker?

Foulball
05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Where can I get a yard sign and a bumper sticker?

Maybe here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4268160#post4268160

--

Ed_in_Sac
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM

That would be "shall issue" to those with a VERY compelling reason...and not deceased yet from the long process of obtaining one :)

I think Bret did very well on this...shows some fight in him!!!