PDA

View Full Version : question about lower configuration?

mebejets
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Ok I just purchased a lower receiver that is involved with this little loop hole and am wondering if I put one of the good old tumor grips on it with detachable mag will this be legal?

Thanks
Mebejets

blacklisted
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Do you actually have a tumour grip on hand? A lot of people here want to see pictures of one.

blkA4alb
03-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok I just purchased a lower receiver that is involved with this little loop hole and am wondering if I put one of the good old tumor grips on it with detachable mag will this be legal?

Thanks
Mebejets
ive never heard of a tumor grip, but if its anything like a pistol or thumbhole grip stay away from it and a detachable magazine, unless you like trouble. but since ive never seen one why dont you post some pictures of it? as blacklisted already said:)

jdberger
03-09-2006, 1:11 AM

Thanks
Mebejets

What loophole?
A loophole is something dishonest people use to evade the law.
On the contrary, everyone here is doing their danged best to stay in compliance with the law.

loophole <mutter>

Bah!:mad:

mebejets
03-18-2006, 12:06 AM
here is the pics of the tumor grip these are ones that i had laying around from the first band!!!!!!!!!!!!

mebejets

xenophobe
03-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Do you actually have a tumour grip on hand? A lot of people here want to see pictures of one.

I didn't know that or I would have taken pictures.... we have one at the shop... lol... it's probably for sale too. ;)

mrhappym1a
03-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Man that thing is ugly!!!

FreedomIsNotFree
03-18-2006, 1:41 AM
That thing looks like something that crawled out from the toilet......

Jicko
03-18-2006, 8:57 AM
Can you put your hands there and show us HOW do you grip?

here is the pics of the tumor grip these are ones that i had laying around from the first band!!!!!!!!!!!!

mebejets

centermass
03-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Man that thing is ugly!!!
Probably how it got the name "Tumor," maybe?

GW
03-18-2006, 10:17 AM
So then you have the buffer tube just sticking out in space above it?
I can't conceive of a way to shoot that accurately or comfortably
I mean no offense but if you want a detachable magazine that badly then get a Mini-14 or SU-16
That thing is just weird:confused:

onley11
03-18-2006, 2:11 PM
So then you have the buffer tube just sticking out in space above it?
I can't conceive of a way to shoot that accurately or comfortably
I mean no offense but if you want a detachable magazine that badly then get a Mini-14 or SU-16
That thing is just weird:confused:

C'MON, it fits flush with an a1/a2 stock, keeping your thumb on the right side of the reciever. And if you want a 1/2 moa gun with a detachable mag, neither of the mini or the su is appropriate.

The mini can be made to shoot accuratly if you throw $1000.00 dollars and a few months at it. And you can't modify it afterwards.

The su is a great defensive carbine, but still doesn't have match grade accuracy.

Anybody wanna sell me a tumor?

PistolKidd
03-18-2006, 3:03 PM
California DOJ could stop all this OfflistAR nonesense by mandating the installation of one of those "tumors"...:D