PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in Hayward: were guns to blame again?

Cos
05-09-2010, 2:55 PM
Has stepped upon this short article today
http://www.kcbs.com/pages/7004065.php?contentType=4&contentId=6072114

I wonder if gun rights and lawful owners will be blamed again? And how soon? ;(

Gio
05-09-2010, 3:09 PM
Well not good news for Legal Gun Owners, I am sure these 2 cases will be used against us.

-Gio

N6ATF
05-09-2010, 3:52 PM
Yes, those damn guns, running around on their own two feet and pulling their own triggers.

nick
05-09-2010, 3:53 PM
Has stepped upon this short article today
http://www.kcbs.com/pages/7004065.php?contentType=4&contentId=6072114

I wonder if gun rights and lawful owners will be blamed again? And how soon? ;(

Well, we can't blame the criminals, so it has to be the guns.

Cos
05-09-2010, 4:00 PM
Well, we can't blame the criminals, so it has to be the guns.

I don't know. I'd rather think that this all is the fault of those constitutionalists who are stubbornly protect they right to bear arms, have the freedom of speech and other infamous 'individual rights'. :(

Ed_in_Sac
05-09-2010, 4:04 PM
Sounds like a "sanitized" news report. Oak and Hay both have severe gang/drug related violence and wold suspect that may be the reason for these shootings. I have no way of knowing since the news did not report on the possible motive. If it was gang related there is a good chance the perp(s) were not supposed to own a firearm. Possibly another case of laws not working against criminals just against honest law abiding citizens?

RRangel
05-09-2010, 4:24 PM
If you were made aware of every violent crime and murder that happened in your urban county you'd be shocked. Enough so that you'd probably go out and buy a gun.

In most major cities like Los Angeles there are hundreds of murders every year and more county wide. Many of these crimes are gang related while in typical fashion the city follows the politically correct model of being a "sanctuary city."

Officials that can blame guns and your rights for their ineptness are not being honest. In fact they are corrupt to begin with.

dragonbait1a
05-09-2010, 4:39 PM
Hayward news gets dropped quick it seems. the rifle found outside Tennyson High, the car crash at A and Foothill, The rapist downtown, the rapist on the Plunge Trail, the guy who got shot walking his dog and daughter to ice-cream at 10pm (more then meets the eye there I'm sure). All had 1 day news reporting and were GONE.

But the crumbling cliff in Pacifica gets news for MONTHS.

I know that there isn't much to report other then "Shooter still not found" So it doesn't bother me too much. but Hayward has lots more going on then the news says. And lots of it gets by under the "East bay..." tag. Hayward has issues with fugitives and drug dealers, but when HPD rolls on a crack house it magically doesn't make the news... Also notice Hayward doesn't have any firearms dealers inside city limits anymore.

Some sort of deal somewhere, maybe the news reporters all live in Hayward, they don't want it to look bad? ;)

RGB

manuelcardenas77
05-09-2010, 4:40 PM
Its like blaming a car for a accident unless its a Toyota..

winnre
05-09-2010, 4:49 PM
No gun ever went to jail. Where's the justice!

N6ATF
05-09-2010, 5:52 PM
No gun ever went to jail. Where's the justice!

Actually they did (police property room), then were "brutalized" (scratched, parts damaged), "extraordinary rendered" (conveniently lost... into the possession of corrupt LEOs) or "executed" (melted down), when neither they nor their owners ever used them criminally.

SJgunguy24
05-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Hayward news gets dropped quick it seems. the rifle found outside Tennyson High, the car crash at A and Foothill, The rapist downtown, the rapist on the Plunge Trail, the guy who got shot walking his dog and daughter to ice-cream at 10pm (more then meets the eye there I'm sure). All had 1 day news reporting and were GONE.

But the crumbling cliff in Pacifica gets news for MONTHS.

I know that there isn't much to report other then "Shooter still not found" So it doesn't bother me too much. but Hayward has lots more going on then the news says. And lots of it gets by under the "East bay..." tag. Hayward has issues with fugitives and drug dealers, but when HPD rolls on a crack house it magically doesn't make the news... Also notice Hayward doesn't have any firearms dealers inside city limits anymore.

Some sort of deal somewhere, maybe the news reporters all live in Hayward, they don't want it to look bad? ;)

RGB

I used to live in Hayward and it's never gonna get any better. 2 murders at Southland is 7 months, with one actually in a store. I went to Mt Eden high school(90-92) and there was 3 shootings right there within a block of the school. I was standing next to one guy that was killed. The guy who was killed in front of his daughter, I lived there too, B st and Vermont.

Cos
05-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Hayward keeps popping up in the news....
http://cbs5.com/local/hayward.fatal.shooting.2.1686472.html