PDA

View Full Version : Just getting some updated info on driving to ID

whoknoo
05-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm going to work in Idaho for the summer and just wanted to make sure I can take a bullet-buttoned OLL up there...and that I can drive through Oregon and Washington with the same. Can Technique or any other ID guys confirm? I did a search but only found one relevant thread from a while ago...

I figure anything legal here is more than legal there, right?

bwiese
05-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Your rifle, legal in CA, is legal in OR and ID and NV as well (in fact most other states - except check for MD/MA/NY/NJ).

You can even remove the BB when out of state, as long as it's reinstalled before reentering California (!!!)

whoknoo
05-09-2010, 1:01 PM
Thanks Bill

-hanko
05-09-2010, 1:30 PM
I'm going to work in Idaho for the summer and just wanted to make sure I can take a bullet-buttoned OLL up there...and that I can drive through Oregon and Washington with the same. Can Technique or any other ID guys confirm? I did a search but only found one relevant thread from a while ago...

I figure anything legal here is more than legal there, right?
Welcome to Idaho.

You'll have no problems with the rifle:D.

Keep a close eye on the speedo when you cross the Oregon border;)

-hanko

wheels
05-09-2010, 2:08 PM
Make sure you stop by a gun shop and check out the things you can own in a free state.

Hey - Highway patrol is a stickler in Utah as well. Watch your speed there if you take the 15...

CaliforniaLiberal
05-09-2010, 2:24 PM
Can't you get arrested in Idaho for driving while Californian? And aren't you vulnerable to a charge of firearms abuse if you're found with a bullet button?
:rolleyes:

elrcastor
05-10-2010, 5:49 AM
Well a charge of using the rifle as intended anyway.

-hanko
05-10-2010, 6:27 AM
Make sure you stop by a gun shop and check out the things you can own in a free state..
Cabela's in Boise and Boise Guns are worth a visit and 10-15 minutes apart.

-hanko

BluNorthern
05-10-2010, 7:13 AM
Resident in 6 months, can get a CCW about as easy as a drivers license, racks of M-4's, AR-15's you can purchase on the spot and walk out the door with the same day...you are gonna get a real eye opener when it comes to the pathetic situation gun owners abide by in California. You will not want to come back.

-hanko
05-10-2010, 7:45 AM
Resident in 6 months, can get a CCW about as easy as a drivers license, racks of M-4's, AR-15's you can purchase on the spot and walk out the door with the same day...you are gonna get a real eye opener when it comes to the pathetic situation gun owners abide by in California. You will not want to come back.
With proof of an ID residence, you can get your ccw using your PRK driver's license as i.d.:D

-hanko

destro360
05-10-2010, 7:57 AM
there is a real nice gun store in garden city too i forget the name of it though.... i was in hog heaven to say the least haha

-hanko
05-10-2010, 10:28 AM
there is a real nice gun store in garden city too i forget the name of it though.... i was in hog heaven to say the least haha
If it was just past the Boise river off Veterans Memorial Parkway, that's Boise Guns. Plenty of pawn activity in Garden City too.

-hanko

whoknoo
05-10-2010, 5:54 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm working in Coeur d'Alene...about as close as you can get to heaven on earth. I was up there in March and stopped at the Cabela's there along 90. It was fantastic, and you're right, I did not want to leave.