PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lead free 300 Weatherby ammo

Fireguy
05-09-2010, 1:10 AM
Who makes condor lead free 300 Weartherby ammo and who has the best price?

gottarollwithit
05-09-2010, 1:33 AM
The answer might actually be you. I bet shooting that thing gets expensive fast.

A cheap, used press (Rock Chucker is good), some cheap dies, one of those 20 buck electronic balances, a 5 buck Lee case trimmer and you're pretty much set for rudimentary reloading for around a hundred bucks. I kinda doubt you're lookin for massive amounts of ammo.

Buy yourself some components and reload in batches. Lead free ammo, especially the bigger stuff like yours is super pricey. Even stuff in 308 is like 2 bucks a pop.

pieeater
05-09-2010, 8:56 AM
Who makes condor lead free 300 Weartherby ammo and who has the best price?

I think the barnes X is lead free and you should be able to find something commercialy loaded. But be careful some guns love it others dont.

And hey I shoot a rem700 in 300 wby that round kicks ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigboarstopper
05-10-2010, 7:28 AM
did you buy one of those vanguard rifles and get one chambered for a Wetherby round? I know somone else who did the same thing. Their intent was to get a weatherby rifle chambered in 300 mag. By mistake he got the rifle in 300 wetherby mag. Ammo costs a fortune and is hard to find.