PDA

View Full Version : Pig Hunting Spots?

Righteous Justice
05-08-2010, 9:49 PM
Does anyone know of some good places to hunt pigs on public land? I live in the Sacramento area but willing to drive. ive heard Indian Valley might be a good spot but im not sure about that?

taperxz
05-09-2010, 6:35 AM
Does anyone know of some good places to hunt pigs on public land? I live in the Sacramento area but willing to drive. ive heard Indian Valley might be a good spot but im not sure about that?

Lets think about this for a second. Public land and hunting, Indian Valley res. is a place that some folks have taken pigs from and of course they thought it was a great place to hunt. I have not killed a pig there and i dont think it is a great place to hunt. Public land is public land! It really is getting to the point that it is almost worth it to pay to hunt private land when you factor in the trip and lodging. Gas meals and gear ect. At least for hogs. Not talking about other game species.

To the OP, there are pigs at indian valley however it is best to have a dog to push them out of brush country. It is a place to go but i have never seen anyone be very successful there.