PDA

View Full Version : New Legislation AB 1934 - due for Passing this Wednesday

brookin
05-08-2010, 7:51 PM
Has anyone done anything to let those Gun hating Liberals up there in Sacramento know that we as Gun owners will not tolerate having our freedoms taken away, I'm in the 'process' of attaining both an open carry permit/registration as well as a CCW, with all that I must do to attain this status for my work as both security and someone working to achieve a Private Investigator status, this just another blow to make obsolete to attain what I need, or to take away Our firearms rights altogether here in California!!!

This Bill is to be voted on this up coming Wednesday. And believe me, if 'they' in Sacramento can make disastrous changes to the open carry Laws of California, just think what's next...CCW. It's a slippery slope and Sacramento is gunning for us all.

Either e-mail, or send snail mail, before it's too late.

Remeber this Wednesday - May 12, 2010 'They' in Sacramento vote on this new Legislation -AB 1931

brookin
05-08-2010, 7:52 PM
Correction in my post I mention AB 1931 it's AB 1934

1JimMarch
05-08-2010, 8:30 PM
"Never interrupt your opponent when he's making a mistake."

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, read the Heller decision positive citations at footnote 9. Read all seven, or read any one - they all say the same thing: "concealed carry can be regulated or eliminated only so long as open carry is legal". Unloaded open carry was a fig-leaf they could have relied on to give cover to continued abuses in concealed carry. It would have fallen apart eventually.

But with a new ban on unloaded open carry? No fig leaf - they're left stark nekked in a post-McDonald world.

They're not just taking away open carry like they think. They're giving us unlimited permitless concealed carry post-McDonald.

shock
05-08-2010, 8:56 PM
"Never interrupt your opponent when he's making a mistake."

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, read the Heller decision positive citations at footnote 9. Read all seven, or read any one - they all say the same thing: "concealed carry can be regulated or eliminated only so long as open carry is legal". Unloaded open carry was a fig-leaf they could have relied on to give cover to continued abuses in concealed carry. It would have fallen apart eventually.

But with a new ban on unloaded open carry? No fig leaf - they're left stark nekked in a post-McDonald world.

They're not just taking away open carry like they think. They're giving us unlimited permitless concealed carry post-McDonald.
did you just divide by zero?

*gasp*

Librarian
05-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Note that this is the Assembly Appropriations Committee - if it passes this, still has full Assembly vote, 2 Senate Committees, full Senate vote and signature by the governor before this can become law.

M198
05-09-2010, 12:32 AM

I don't ever see that happening. The best we can hope for this decade is CCW with ridiculous requirements and restrictions. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Note that this is the Assembly Appropriations Committee - if it passes this, still has full Assembly vote, 2 Senate Committees, full Senate vote and signature by the governor before this can become law.

McDonald will be out before this law is passed hopefully. I think the McDonald ruling would get this bill pigeon holed.

Cali-Shooter
05-09-2010, 5:20 AM

+1 Informative
Thanks for the clarification Librarian. This is about the most anti-FUD political thing I've heard in a while. Now, if the Bill passes all this, we can see how truly 'rigged' this state's current leadership is by studying the results of all these committees. Wonder if ole Arnie is going to screw the pooch once more... that would be a stellar way to piss us all off before his terms finally up. Ugh, I gotta stop prolonged reading/exposure to Brady Bunch's BS and other turdburglary spewed from Anti's. Arnie's letter written in signing AB 962 still gets me sick to my stomach.