View Full Version : Some Good Points

03-08-2006, 7:10 AM
We all live in EQ prone California...Potential for a disaster worse than Katrina is ever present...this guy has some good points...

03-09-2006, 4:36 AM
I'm not sure if I like one of the points that he made, in that the government should give firearms to citizens during major disasters. The majority of the people who don't own fireams wouldn't have a clue as to how to use their "welfare" weapon, and that might mean that they'd be more of a liability to themselves and others. Besides, the government already spends TOO MUCH of our tax dollars! You might even add that, since RKBA is an individuals rights, it should also be their individual responsibility to purchase those firearms.

I might go along with a temporary halt to the mandatory 10-day waiting period during a major disaster, but the "High and Mighty" CA government won't EVER budge on that issue!

By the way, I was in my local gun store at 6:00 p.m. the night that the "Rodney King riot" started. The place was crowded with customers, and there were continuous sounds of frustration and panic-driven anxiety when those hopeful gun buyers were told that they would have to wait the mandatory 10 days before taking physical possession of their purchases. The manager told me that numerous customers had tried to bribe him if he would "overlook" the law and allow them to take their purchases home that same night. One guy offered to pay him an additional $2,000 for a Ruger 10/22 rifle! Kinda expensive "plinker"!
Th usually well-stocked ammo section was almost entirely empty, and the store had made numerous "bulk" ammo sales, with almost nothing still in their back room!

Ya GOTTA own a gun or two BEFORE the "SHTF"!

03-09-2006, 7:22 AM
...I might go along with a temporary halt to the mandatory 10-day waiting period during a major disaster, but the "High and Mighty" CA government won't EVER budge on that issue!

I WOULD go along with getting rid if the 10 day waiting period NOW. Other states don't have and it doesn't seem like a problem. I agree with you though, I don't think that is going to happen any time soon either.

03-09-2006, 9:55 AM
On handing out guns, probably a bad idea. I am certainly not against training before gun ownership...We all know there are plenty of j@ck azzes out there at the range with their brand new guns, having never before shot who don't want to take advice, etc.

It would be cool if you could at least have the 10 day period waived upon proof of firearms training/handling (it would be a start)...

03-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I remember the riots oh too well! I distinctly remember working for this car stereo place, not far from the beginning of the action...... I was working on a Lt's car (he was with wilshire division at the time), when he showd up with 2 other officers, AR's in tow.... We shut the place down and got the hell out of there real quick.
For me, though, the most intense memories were of my dad and I loading my truck up with some of his rifles, and loaning them to some friends of his at another LAPD station. You see, they only had pistols and shotguns at the station.... So an AR, 2 SKS's, a mini14 and a 30-06, along with 20,000 rounds was more than sufficient for them.

It was times like those that have solidified my views on the need of the people to keep and posses arms. If a disaster were to hit here, I'll be damned if some of those a**holes are gonna take my protection.