PDA

View Full Version : 25 Days Away From McDonald Ruling !!

Whoa Nellie
05-07-2010, 7:55 PM
Is the American gun owner and 2A activists going to be happy ? Are they going to be VERY happy or just a little happy ? Is it possible they are going to be devestated ?

There should be organized town hall get togethers for the televised ruling annoucement. If it goes our way we should bust out 30 rd magazines and "assualt weapons" and dare the police to arrest us !!!

Gray Peterson
05-07-2010, 8:01 PM
Is the American gun owner and 2A activists going to be happy ? Are they going to be VERY happy or just a little happy ? Is it possible they are going to be devestated ?

There should be organized town hall get togethers for the televised ruling annoucement. If it goes our way we should bust out 30 rd magazines and "assualt weapons" and dare the police to arrest us !!!

What's the supposition that McDonald will be released in 25 days?

Roadrunner
05-07-2010, 8:08 PM
What's the supposition that McDonald will be released in 25 days?

I would guess that the T - 25 is based on the presumption that SCOTUS will go on vacation after that. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

This is going to be like Christmas for me when I was a kid.

SvenFrost
05-07-2010, 8:09 PM
Let me help:

sup·po·si·tion – noun
1.the act of supposing.
2.something that is supposed; assumption; hypothesis.

-Sven

Whoa Nellie
05-07-2010, 8:16 PM
Oh wait, I misread the supreme court website. It said "decision date" June 2nd but it was a different decision. Sorry.

it is however coming up in most likely June

bigcalidave
From the supreme court calendar,

Monday 31 May 2010
to
Friday 25 June 2010 Mid-Year Court Vacation

I believe that they will announce a decision before this vacation. Hope so at least!

bulgron
Naw, you're wrong. McDonald is going to be out in ... two more weeks. ;)

(I just had to say it.)

Socalz
05-07-2010, 8:20 PM
If it goes our way we should bust out 30 rd magazines and "assualt weapons" and dare the police to arrest us !!!

I think I'll wait until the dust settles before I "bust out 30 rd magazines and assault weapons and dare the police to arrest me" thankyouverymuch. :whistling:

Window_Seat
05-07-2010, 8:21 PM
According to many, it's June 28, give or take a few??

Heller was decided on June 26th (which was a Thursday). I say June 29. That's my official CGN prediction.

Erik.

RRangel
05-07-2010, 8:22 PM
We can only hope.

bigcalidave
05-07-2010, 8:23 PM
They are on vacation through the 25th, so that would be a challenge. Would they release the decision after vaca?

SeanCasey
05-07-2010, 9:31 PM
Hmmm, when was the vacation when Heller came down? Before or after?

I must say though, it would have a certain style to finish up the work on McDonald before vacation and make everyone wait until the day they coe back to drop the bomb on everyone.

bwiese
05-07-2010, 9:42 PM

Are you a Brady provocateur?

That's the LAST thing we should do even if McDonald is superbly in our favor even beyond comprehension.

There are still other steps that need to be taken.

Also, timing-wise: I'd bet McDonald is handed down in June - mid to late, approx. same timeframe as Heller was in 2008.

We don't need martyrs cluttering the process.

Whoa Nellie
05-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Are you a Brady provocateur?

That's the LAST thing we should do even if McDonald is superbly in our favor even beyond comprehension.

There are still other steps that need to be taken.

Also, timing-wise: I'd bet McDonald is handed down in June - mid to late, approx. same timeframe as Heller was in 2008.

We don't need martyrs cluttering the process.

The last part was a joke. Lighten up.

Lone_Gunman
05-07-2010, 10:26 PM
How far in advance will we know when it is coming out? A week? Two weeks? Or will they just come out with it with no warning?

Window_Seat
05-07-2010, 10:31 PM
How far in advance will we know when it is coming out? A week? Two weeks? Or will they just come out with it with no warning?

Correct answer in [B][U]

Only the Justices know. Until the day of the release of the opinion, noone will know until it's released.

Erik.

wkd4496
05-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Can we have wagering pools here?

POLICESTATE
05-07-2010, 10:51 PM
P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I...

I know I'm asking for too much, but I don't see due process changing a whole hell of a lot in this state.

POLICESTATE
05-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Yeah. You were missing your :rolleyes: and we can't be too careful in this state.

adamsreeftank
05-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Now why was I thinking it would be Cinco de Mayo???

:(:(:(

Blackhawk556
05-08-2010, 1:40 AM
P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I, P&I...

I know I'm asking for too much, but I don't see due process changing a whole hell of a lot in this state.

Is this true?????? Will due process do very little for us here in Cali??????

Where's mr Hoffman when you need him??
Oaklander
arther
bill

Kharn
05-08-2010, 2:34 AM
The Supreme Court takes Memorial Day off, but their docket says they're planning to work the entire month of June as previously scheduled. 29 June is still my bet.

Oaklander
arther
billP&I would uncork the Mississippi, due process turns on a firehose.

wildhawker
05-08-2010, 2:41 AM
While a fully-revived PorI would be useful tool in the future, a fundamental RKBA - fleshed out and recognized by SCOTUS starting with Heller and continuing in Palmer/Sykes - and applied as against the states and local govts via SDP would be a tremendous win for 2A and an adequate foundation by which to challenge California's egregious gun control and permitting schemes.

Oaklander
arther
bill

press1280
05-08-2010, 4:06 AM
They'll probably release the opinion last day of the session(late June). Gun owners should be happy, as incorporation is pretty much a slam dunk. During oral arguments, even the liberals on the court conceded there would be incorporation(although Stevens/Breyer want incorporation "lite"). PorI incorporation would be extremely powerful IMO(but seems unlikely).

Mainly what we want is a decision that may answer more questions than it brings up-standard of scrutiny, maybe more on what the 2A encompasses, more clarity as far as telling the lower courts that having a handgun in the home is NOT THE FULL SCOPE OF THE 2A. It'll be interesting to see if state courts still try to uphold "may-issue" after incorporation with the same,"Heller only held handgun possession in the home could not be prohibited."

Ford8N
05-08-2010, 5:30 AM
All I want is a pistol grip on my rifles like the citizens in free states can have. Am I not a citizen of the United States like them?

IrishPirate
05-08-2010, 5:40 AM

:rolleyes:

McDonald isn't going to give us our AWs and hi-caps, it's going to give us a leg to stand on in subsequent courts to win our AWs and hi-caps. I'm fairly certain that incorporation will happen, and i hope it's through P/I, but it's still a long road from the steps of SCOTUS to the destruction of the anti-gun laws. Make no mistake, plenty of people will run out and break laws that they thought McDonald immediately overturned, but that will most likely just give us more ammo to overturn PRK gun laws since there will be more law suits challenging the laws. I for one will keep my hi-caps and evil rifles away from cops until a concrete decision is made here in the PRK.

bruss01
05-08-2010, 7:22 AM
All I want is a pistol grip on my rifles like the citizens in free states can have. Am I not a citizen of the United States like them?

Not yet, but things are heading in a promising direction. Stay tuned. There will probably be 3-4 legal battles between now and then. But I don't have doubts but that it is coming our way.

Ford8N
05-08-2010, 8:01 AM
Not yet, but things are heading in a promising direction. Stay tuned. There will probably be 3-4 legal battles between now and then. But I don't have doubts but that it is coming our way.

I don't have the time, so I will move to the land of the free and leave the state to the illegal aliens and welfare queens.

6172crew
05-08-2010, 8:51 AM
All I want is a pistol grip on my rifles like the citizens in free states can have. Am I not a citizen of the United States like them?All I want is the ability to travel to each state with my legally owned C3 investments.

I paid the tax but cant bring a suppressor to CA.:cool:

loather
05-08-2010, 8:55 AM
All I want is the ability to travel to each state with my legally owned C3 investments.

I paid the tax but cant bring a suppressor to CA.:cool:

I look forward to that kind of day as well!

demnogis
05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
P & I !!!

rorschach
05-08-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/10/total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg

Meplat
05-08-2010, 1:53 PM
You want a pistol grip? Admit it. You would be happy if the stearing breaks on your tractor worked.;)

POLICESTATE
05-08-2010, 2:04 PM

Oaklander
arther
bill

In my opinion Due Process of law allows government to do more or less as they please as long as they are following due process of law. Like the Patriot Act, or the Health Control bill. Granted those are federal laws, but states could easily do the same thing, in my mind without a 2A in our state constitution we don't have as much to fall back on as other states that do.

However I am no legal expert, I just don't trust our elected representatives in California to do the right thing, in any matter. Although I challenge them to prove me wrong.

b.faust
05-08-2010, 2:06 PM

Yes i'm sure it was a joke, but I've overheard conversations from people who misunderstand how this works.
There are people out there who seriously believe that if when the ruling comes down in our favor that they will be able to toss their bullet buttons and 10 round mags in a bonfire the very next day.
Even joking around about things like this might give people the idea it's OK.

THIS IS NOT SO.

While I don't presume to be as informed, nor as savvy about the inner workings and long term implications of the laws and upcoming rulings as some of our members here (and thank you folks for being willing to plow through some of that dry stuff), I do know that this is not the time to screw around, or create unneeded obstacles.

I joke around on here a lot, but I'm dead serious when it comes to this and getting our 2a rights back.

Let the people who are on the front line do their jobs, and give them all the support they need to do it right.

yellowfin
05-08-2010, 2:18 PM
The thing I want is gun rights for people in CA, NY, NJ, MD, MA, and IL so we can rebuild a pro gun voter base to permanently eradicate the anti gun political mechanism. I'm sick of having other places' voters and politicians threatening my rights on a daily basis. NO MEANS NO, Feinslime, Schumer, Daley, Bloomberg, O-hole, McCarthy, Lautenburg, et al. We need not just to push them back through the door but to weld it shut, electrify it, and wrap the knob in razor wire.

RoyGilds
05-09-2010, 1:54 PM

Your original post was no joke. It was plain stupid. Bill does not have to "lighten up" you have to smarten up.:TFH:

Midtown Gunner
05-09-2010, 2:43 PM
I don't have the time, so I will move to the land of the free and leave the state to the illegal aliens and welfare queens.

And they will follow you. "As California, so goes the nation". The fight is here.

N6ATF
05-09-2010, 2:44 PM
Enemy invaders will be fleeing all directions from AZ if they don't want to be deported.

Ford8N
05-09-2010, 3:16 PM
And they will follow you. "As California, so goes the nation". The fight is here.

I doubt it. Agriculture in my other state is just about 99% mechanize and they only give you about $250 a month to live on if you are on welfare. And you would freeze to death during winter, so there are no homeless living on the streets. :43:

California on the other hand is a paradise for those who want the government to take care of them.

Fjold
05-09-2010, 3:56 PM
We'll set a new record for traffic on Calguns just like we did for the Heller announcement.

Better beef up the server, Ben.

RRangel
05-09-2010, 6:45 PM
I just noticed the troll's gone. Or at least under that username.