PDA

View Full Version : Is this price reasonable?

KTran211
03-07-2006, 8:47 PM
The other day I was at the dealer/shooting range and I noticed there was a shotgun on displayed that caught my eye. It was an H&K Fabarm Tactical 12 gauge. I always wanted a shotgun for the shooting range and protection at work. And I was wondering if the price was reasonable at $535 plus taxes and DROS? Or is it just too much? Any input would be helpful.

kantstudien
03-07-2006, 9:08 PM
Sounds a bit high. This is a pump right? I would stick with a Remington 870 is the $300 range brand new.

taloft
03-07-2006, 9:20 PM
I've seen them for more. They're an Italian job imported by H&K. You are talking about the 20" with the pistol grip, right?

KTran211
03-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, it is the 20 inch barrel with a bottom rail for lights, lasers, etc. And the pistol grip can be added. It's actually a semi-auto. I have been trying to find a picture of the shotgun, but no luck as of yet.

taloft
03-08-2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.fabarm.com/law1.htm

This will take you to the fabarm website's tactical page. You can search all of the law models by expanding on the left menu. You can also find prices to compare by doing a search in google.

Hoss.870
03-08-2006, 1:38 AM
That doesn't sound bad @ all. Also take into consideration from my understanding HK decided to stop putting thier names on the Fabarms, correct me if i wrong.

crs1
03-08-2006, 8:32 AM
HK was the importer for the FabArms guns. They just stopped importing them. Sig Sauer did the same thing with Rizzini shotguns too. Rizzini decided to bring them in themselves, and I would assume FabArms would follow suit. Both companies make great firearms. The Rizzinis are higher end trap, clays, etc. Jump on that, its a good price, and they wont be around long. Don't let the fact that HK stopped importing them dissuade you...It's only a business decision, and not uncommon in the firearms biz.

asintado
03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
If I may ask, what kind of "work" do you require this level of protection for?

jessegpresley
03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
If it's the semi-auto that's a good price for California. CDNN has them in their catalog for $500 but they won't ship to us. They can sometimes sell on Gunbroker for $700; did you try looking there to compare prices?

KTran211
03-08-2006, 8:42 PM
If I may ask, what kind of "work" do you require this level of protection for?

My parents own a small 99 cent store and my brother and I run the business most of the days during the week, and the business is in the worst part of the city. 3 of the 7 businesses in that plaza have been robbed, and itís only a matter of time before some punk comes around our business.

KTran211
03-08-2006, 8:44 PM
If it's the semi-auto that's a good price for California. CDNN has them in their catalog for $500 but they won't ship to us. They can sometimes sell on Gunbroker for $700; did you try looking there to compare prices?

I have tried Gunbroker, but rarely do I come across the same Fabarm shotgun.

asintado
03-08-2006, 9:26 PM
My parents own a small 99 cent store and my brother and I run the business most of the days during the week, and the business is in the worst part of the city. 3 of the 7 businesses in that plaza have been robbed, and itís only a matter of time before some punk comes around our business.

In that case I wouldn't put my life nor my family's life on the Fabarm. The Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 are excellent tried and true shotguns w/ plenty of aftermarket support to help set up your shotgun the way you want it. Plus you can easily set up a 18" Remington or Mossberg w/ a pistol grip for easy, under the counter, storage.

EBWhite
03-08-2006, 10:37 PM
stay away from euro stuff. Go with the remington or mossberg. there is lots of cool aftermarket stuff for those ones...

KTran211
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanx everyone for your inputs and replies. Iíll definitely look into the Remington 870 since I have heard many good reviews on them.

blkA4alb
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
just dont get blinded by the shotgun and forget the laws about actually using lethal force on someone. ive seen too many videos of store owners chasing a robber out of the store gun blazing, and at that point you dont have the legal right to, you are no longer facing death or serious bodily harm. and endangering the public at that point. just dont do anything stupid, not saying you would though:). but who knows

asintado
03-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Attaboy KTran211. You'll love the Remington 870. I personally favor the set up w/ Hogue 12" LOP overmold stock (shorter stock) and forend along w/ a tacstar 6 shell holder. Hogue also makes pistolgrips if you're after compactness and that quickdraw action.

aznglocker
03-09-2006, 12:52 AM
I agree, you can't go wrong with the 18.5 in. Rem. or Moss. I personally don't care for pistol grip stock especially a stand alone grip. The shorten LoP stock is the way to go, still compact enough for CQ but you will be able to shoulder it for a more precise shot. Lot of places sell all kinds of fancy high speed low drag gadgets that look really cool but ask yourself, do you really need it? Will it actually hold up if the SHTF? The bottom line is keep it as simple as possible.

More important than anything is to know the laws that govern your community in regards to LF and restrictions and keeping a weapon on the premises. Also which ever gun you go with learn to be proficient with it, there are many good training schools out there. Good Luck.