PDA

View Full Version : rabbit season?

benbangui
05-07-2010, 4:35 AM
seriously im an idiot... i looked on the CFG web site and i cant find what the actual season dates are... i could read how you can and cant hunt them but couldnt find the dates for 2010... help anyone? :)

THT
05-07-2010, 4:44 AM
Duck season!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

According to this: http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/mammalregs.asp#309

309. Jack Rabbits, Black-Tailed and White-Tailed.

(a) General Season and Area: The general season shall be open statewide all year.

benbangui
05-07-2010, 4:45 AM
sweet! thanks :D

Bobula
05-07-2010, 6:04 AM
Duck season!

I came to post this

DirtyDave
05-07-2010, 8:11 AM
cotton tails july 1 - Jan 31
Jacks open all year

5shot
05-07-2010, 1:06 PM
308. Brush, Cottontail and Pigmy Rabbits, and Varying Hare (Snowshoe).

(a) General Season and Area: The general season shall open on July 1 extending through the last Sunday in January, and shall be open statewide except for that area described in (d) below.

(b) Falconry Rabbits and Hares. Brush, cottontail and pigmy rabbits and varying hare (snowshoe) may be taken with raptors only during the general rabbit and hare seasons and as follows: The season shall open on the first Monday following the close of the general season extending through the third Sunday in March, and shall be open statewide except for that area described in (d) below.

(c) Bag and Possession Limit in the Aggregate of All Species: Five per day, 10 in possession.

(d) The take of brush and cottontail rabbits is prohibited within the area described as follows: That portion of San Joaquin County generally located between Stockton and Tracy that is enclosed by the following lines: Beginning at the intersection of Stewart Road and Interstate 5; west along Stewart road to the intersection of Stewart Road and Old River; southwest along Old River to the intersection of Old River and Tom Paine Slough; south along Tom Paine Slough to the intersection of Tom Paine Slough and Sugar Cut; south along Sugar Cut to the intersection of Sugar Cut and Interstate 205; east along Interstate 205 to the intersection of Interstate 205 and Interstate 5; north along Interstate 5 to the intersection of Interstate 5 and Stewart Road.

GVOllie
05-07-2010, 1:11 PM
cotton tails july 1 - Jan 31
Jacks open all year

Are you certain about this? As I understood it, it is July 1st to the last Sunday in January. So January 31st was true for last season, but won't be for this season. It will be Jan. 30th. Correct on the jacks though.

From last year's regs: The general season shall open on July 1 extending through the last Sunday in January

EDIT: So I'm a slower typist than 5shot...

Oh, and......rabbit season!

PoofNoEyebrows
05-07-2010, 1:29 PM
2010-2011 Mammal Hunting Regulations were adopted by the Commission 4/21/2010, and will be available soon.
See the Big Game Hunting Digest for season summaries.

http://dfg.ca.gov/publications/digest/

DirtyDave
05-07-2010, 2:03 PM
Are you certain about this? As I understood it, it is July 1st to the last Sunday in January. So January 31st was true for last season, but won't be for this season. It will be Jan. 30th. Correct on the jacks though.

Yeah, what you said. Last sun in jan.
La misma mierda

mif_slim
05-07-2010, 5:03 PM
I know of a place with tons of jackrabbits....but then again, its my secret spot...dont know why theres so many but so little yotes...I was expecting tons of yote there. :(

GVOllie
05-08-2010, 6:25 AM
I know of a place with tons of jackrabbits....but then again, its my secret spot...

So do I, but then again, it's a golf course, and no matter how much I beg, they won't let me shoot there.

DirtyDave
05-08-2010, 5:39 PM
So do I, but then again, it's a golf course, and no matter how much I beg, they won't let me shoot there.

Ask if you can use a pellet gun during off-hours. They may feel differently when you mention a pellet gun or BB gun and not a "real" gun

GVOllie
05-09-2010, 7:57 AM
Ask if you can use a pellet gun during off-hours. They may feel differently when you mention a pellet gun or BB gun and not a "real" gun

The manager tried to get approval for a golf tournament / ground squirrel shoot with pellet guns, but the suggestion was shot down from above. I'd have paid good money to get in on that!