PDA

View Full Version : Banned Soonest

hustlerzlife
03-07-2006, 5:00 PM
I was wondering what model of receiver will most likely be first to be labled an assult rifle that is currently not banned?

BigAL
03-07-2006, 5:01 PM
They will probably add a bunch of them all at once.

Surveyor
03-07-2006, 5:07 PM
I think it will definately be the High Standard. I mean just look at it. Scary! I'll sell you one of mine for $750.00. A bargain when you consider that they're going to be the ones that you can play with the soonest. :D

tenpercentfirearms
03-07-2006, 5:08 PM
Stag, Fulton Armory, DSA Arms, Superior Arms, Sun Devil, Ameetec, Lauer Custom Weaponry, and maybe some others. The ones listed I would bet good money on for sure. Heck, at this point, you could also make a good bet that none will. I think they have moved to the "lets wait for legislation phase".

CALI-gula
03-07-2006, 5:11 PM
Anything named on this website as "for sale" since December.... and more.

While nobody had them in quantity (and in some cases they never existed) I fully expect to see things like the "Zombie" and the "Lockyer", "Hello Kitty" or "Calguns.net" lowers on the eventual CA list, should that list ever materialize. :D

Ford8N
03-07-2006, 5:22 PM
Wasn't there some internal memo leaked awhile back with some of the manufactures named.

ldivinag
03-07-2006, 5:47 PM
any chance they will ban based on receiver measurements down to specific holes, cutouts and etc??????:eek:

1911_Mitch
03-07-2006, 5:47 PM
Yup, IIRC there were numerous makes and models that were proposed to go on the list (Fulton, Stag, DSA) and maybe others.

We also know there are numerous DOJ letters that says they will be added to the list soon.

A DOJ agent that said "You have two weeks", which was during the second or third week of December 2005.

Also the DOJ published a memo in early February 2006 that said the list would be updated.

Well...

Here we are still buying lowers (likely reaching ten thousand I might add) and the DOJ has not produced an updated list. I guess that just gives everyone enough time to purchase a lower or two or three or maybe more.

I found a list of AR rollmarks in about a 30 second Google search. I am not really sure what they do in that Firearms Division office, but it don't seem like much. I'm not certain they know what they want to do about this situation. I think it really makes the DOJ look bad because they were asleep at the wheel on a very important issue to them. Well see how it plays out.

As for your lower, build it up as a SB-23 compliant weapon because the lowers are off-list legal.
(Fixed 10 round mag w/ evil features OR drop mag WITHOUT pistol grip, collapsable/folding stock, flash hider, or any other PC12276.1 feature.)

If you are hoping for anything else, you will have to wait a long while until the DOJ interpretations are put to court scrutiny.

slowjonn
03-07-2006, 7:26 PM
I was wondering what model of receiver will most likely be first to be labled an assult rifle that is currently not banned?

I'm going with Ameetec. Only because it starts with an "A". Even if a bunch are listed at the same time, technically I would think it would be considered the first one right?:D

grammaton76
03-07-2006, 7:28 PM
I'm going with Ameetec. Only because it starts with an "A". Even if a bunch are listed at the same time, technically I would think it would be considered the first one right?:D

You clearly didn't hear about the Aardvark Arms group buy, did you? :)

C.G.
03-07-2006, 7:33 PM

Oh, crystal ball which one will be the first banned of all?:)

phish
03-07-2006, 7:52 PM
I think it will definately be the High Standard. I mean just look at it. Scary! I'll sell you one of mine for $750.00. A bargain when you consider that they're going to be the ones that you can play with the soonest. :D

is yours stamped "Hamden, Conn." ?

:D

I think the list is going to be pretty comprehensive, it is coming after SHOT.

PIRATE14
03-07-2006, 8:17 PM
is yours stamped "Hamden, Conn." ?

:D

I think the list is going to be pretty comprehensive, it is coming after SHOT.

Dude the SHOT was almost a month ago this week........

PIRATE14
03-07-2006, 8:19 PM
I couldn't really say at all.....my tin foil hat is rusted in place.....not enough AL in content I guess.....

slowjonn
03-07-2006, 8:21 PM
You clearly didn't hear about the Aardvark Arms group buy, did you? :)

Oh damn! How did I miss that. How much was the buy-in on this wager? :D

kantstudien
03-07-2006, 8:22 PM
Ruger 10/22. That thing is just waiting to kill a nun or the next Nobel Peace Prize winner. I mean, look at it!

xenophobe
03-07-2006, 9:16 PM
They will be listing receivers from companies that have gone out of business years ago... Pacific West Arms, Palmetto, etc...

I imagine if they publish a list, it will contain almost every known manufacturer of AR receivers ever to produce more than a couple dozen.

phish
03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Dude the SHOT was almost a month ago this week........

mmm hmm, but when the list is published, it's after SHOT isn't it?

unless the DOJ publishes the list sometime early in '07, then it's before SHOT

but that would be considered after this year's SHOT wouldn't it?

:p

Mark in Eureka
03-07-2006, 11:27 PM
This is an Election year and almost everyone is up for re-election. No one wants to rock the boat. This rocks the boat. If this comes out it will probley will affect the election because those "termed out" will not care and will and try and push their agenda. Everyone else is just looking for cover.

Legislation means making decisions durring the election cycle. Very dangerous. Last time that I remember firearms legislation being pushed thru in an election year was 1994. The Dems lost big time because of Clinton's Assualt Weapons Ban.

Could Assualt Weaons again cause a political upset?

billybob
03-07-2006, 11:51 PM
mark i am in (my)reka 2 .are we the only ones on cal-guns????????????????

grammaton76
03-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Oh damn! How did I miss that. How much was the buy-in on this wager? :D

That one was really tough, because it wasn't in US currency. The guy who runs Aardvark Arms has a manufacturer's license, but he just completes 80% forgings with it and puts his own logo on them. He named his company Aardvark because his main hobby is his collection of various critters that eat ants. Horned toads, aardvarks, and various other critters.

In order to score an Aardvark receiver, one had to collect no fewer than 100,000 ants (live; if refrigerated, it was 500,000) totalling at minimum 50lbs. This is to keep out the cheapskates who would just get a lot of the really tiny ants. And then you had to transport them to his Texas domicile and wait while he COUNTED them. I've gotta tell you, I don't think there are many things worse than having an anteater try to get friendly with your leg while you try to watch the guy to make sure he doesn't skip counting 20 or so of your hard-won ants.

That took care of the purchase. The only FFL willing to perform the transfer was a junkyard operator in the middle of the desert, who'd made a special arrangement with the owner of Aardvark. You had to park your car a half mile from his house, and approach on foot without injuring any of his blood-crazed pack of pit bull / Rottweiler hybrids. His arrangement was that if you made it to his front door alive, without killing any of his dogs, you could transfer your receiver and he would give you a one minute head start before releasing the hounds. But if you didn't make it to the front door, he got to keep your receiver for himself.

He had a big pile of receivers on his kitchen table, which he assured me were all his - other folks "didn't show up to claim them". I will admit that I cheated a little; no one said I couldn't give his dogs beer to drink before starting the half-mile gauntlet. I will give them credit for chasing me, but unfortunately none of them could run a straight enough line to make a difference. When I went back for pickup, the dogs met me at the gate - I think they recognized me, because it didn't take any coaxing or taunting to get them to drink the beer this time. I picked up my receiver, and the rest is history.

So that's how the Aardvark Arms group buy went down. I don't know how many ants the guy got, or how many receivers the dog dude kept, but that's how you get first on the alphabetical receiver list!

blacklisted
03-08-2006, 1:13 AM
All that trouble for a few pounds of Peyote? No thanks.

artherd
03-08-2006, 1:34 AM
I bet I can safely say... mine ;)