View Full Version : Yes another gun transfer newbe idiot question.

05-06-2010, 9:17 PM
Ok I have not seen this covered so here goes.

I bought a AR lower stripped and it is now an assembled complete rifle. I want to transfer it to my Nephew but he is 19. Is there anyway to transfer this other then through a FFL to keep the rifle out of jail for 10 days or since it is my nephew, we will just have to do it the old fashioned way? Not really a biggie and not looking to stretch any laws but since he couldn't legally buy the stripped lower because of the whole pistol conversion thing at his age I wasn't sure if just sending in a long gun transfer would work or if there has to be someone in the middle to in fact show it was a completed rifle too.

Further more...did any of that make any sense?

05-06-2010, 9:32 PM
Nope. He's good to receive it. PPT, wait the 10 days, and it's his. That law only applies to stripped lowers (AFAIK). If he was your son, then you could just give it to him (like in any free state)

05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Since he's not your son, you must do it as a PPT at an FFL.

It's a rifle now, so he can receive it even though he's not 21 yet.

05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys, Ya I knew he could have it but was hopping to keep it out of jail. Oh well better then not being able to do it at all. Again thanks for the replies.

Dr Rockso
05-08-2010, 12:24 AM
You could give it to your father without a PPT. If he decides he'd like to give it to his grandson that wouldn't require a PPT, either. Or just do the PPT....