PDA

View Full Version : Anyone talk to the DOJ lately?

shopkeep
03-07-2006, 2:42 PM
I'm just curious if anyone has spoken to anyone at the DOJ recently about the memo. Have they reversed their decision to submit a list to the Secretary of State? It wouldn't hurt to call them and find out... I'd ask them myself but I'm too damn paranoid.

PanzerAce
03-07-2006, 2:44 PM
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

:p

tenpercentfirearms
03-07-2006, 3:02 PM
There is no point in calling them anymore. Anything and everything they say is compromised when it comes to this issue. They actually would be rather upset if we stopped calling them then they couldn't start a new rumor that kills sales of something or another. I am tired of the talk. List them or don't already. Let the courts figure out the rest. Until that happens, these are all fixed magazine rifles and that is all they will ever be.

And yes, you are probably the most paranoid guy in this business that I know. :D

6172crew
03-07-2006, 3:14 PM
I say call them 3x daily, they will get tired and make a list.:D

shopkeep
03-07-2006, 3:33 PM
There is no point in calling them anymore. Anything and everything they say is compromised when it comes to this issue. They actually would be rather upset if we stopped calling them then they couldn't start a new rumor that kills sales of something or another. I am tired of the talk. List them or don't already. Let the courts figure out the rest. Until that happens, these are all fixed magazine rifles and that is all they will ever be.

And yes, you are probably the most paranoid guy in this business that I know. :D

First off, you're completely right about the DOJ. It's just wishful thinking to think they'll say anything other than "2 weeks". That's what they've been saying since day one afterall.

Secondly, I won't lie... there's not a single post I make to this board without first saying to myself, "the DOJ knows how you are and will keep records of all your posts". Yeah... that's tin foilery for you though.

blacklisted
03-07-2006, 4:16 PM
It is also possible that they made their list and are waiting on the AG to sign and add it to the CCR.

tenpercentfirearms
03-07-2006, 4:33 PM
There you go again Blacklisted. You are the funniest guy I know.

shopkeep
03-07-2006, 5:16 PM
It is also possible that they made their list and are waiting on the AG to sign and add it to the CCR.

Hrmmm didn't dink of dat :)...

stevie
03-07-2006, 5:30 PM
Thier Making the list,
And Checking it Twice
Gonna see whos Good, Naughty and Nice
The DOJ is after your GUNS!!!

Omega13device
03-07-2006, 5:55 PM
Has anyone seen my tinfoil hat?

taloft
03-07-2006, 6:00 PM
Sure did...

.....Here it is. http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Creeping Incrementalism
04-16-2006, 2:59 AM

http://www.419eater.com/images/trophy_room/mike_robertson.jpg

kenc9
04-16-2006, 12:20 PM
It may make you crazy! This is my friend after trying mine on.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/19_Tin_Foil_Hat.jpg

Evil Gun
04-16-2006, 1:38 PM
is this you? http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/tinfoil.gif

Wulf
04-16-2006, 3:06 PM
.....and the AG is not going to sign it as long as the "campaign contributions" from the off-list lower manufacturers is still rolling in.

kenc9
04-16-2006, 3:09 PM
is this you? http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/tinfoil.gif

Na! Just a pick off the web..

shopkeep
04-16-2006, 3:11 PM
I've spoken to the DOJ several times since writting this post. The answer to the off-list dillema is as follows:

1. The list will be published in 90 - 180 days
2. There are two major delays: 1 being that they have to photograph and carefully document each off-list lower and everytime they think they've got them all, we find 10 more they missed. 2 being they have to conduct a "public education" program and do press releases on TV and the radio just like back in 89 and 99.

TacFan
04-16-2006, 3:36 PM
I've spoken to the DOJ several times since writting this post. The answer to the off-list dillema is as follows:

1. The list will be published in 90 - 180 days
2. There are two major delays: 1 being that they have to photograph and carefully document each off-list lower and everytime they think they've got them all, we find 10 more they missed. 2 being they have to conduct a "public education" program and do press releases on TV and the radio just like back in 89 and 99.

hmm interesting

phish
04-16-2006, 3:40 PM
If it's not in writing, it doesn't exist.

caduckgunner
04-16-2006, 5:00 PM
Shopkeep, take a chill pill. It will happen when it happens!:rolleyes:

shopkeep
04-16-2006, 5:24 PM

My personal theory is that sometime this fall, around the time when we're beginning to realize the aftermath of all this AR/AK frenzy and pay down our credit cards the list will be published.

Most of us will say, "Hey check it out, they finally listed."

The DOJ will say, "HAHAHAH damn we pulled one over on those suckers! We got them listed in just over a year!"

glen avon
04-16-2006, 7:16 PM
OK this is how I understand it we comply with the law and then they change it. We find Lowers that arent on the list and then they put them on the list what kinna insanity is that. For a while we are legal ?

slavery was legal, then it wasn't. booze was legal, then it wasn't, now it is,...

EBWhite
04-16-2006, 7:19 PM
It wont happen, ::waiting for a ban::

NoTime2Shoot
04-16-2006, 7:38 PM
I heard they're gonna ban AR uppers......

:rolleyes:
[sarcastic joke]

6172crew
04-16-2006, 7:38 PM

I hate talking to the DOJ, and Im looking forwadr to every Calgunners call to the DOJ, its time to pressure the AG into making a move IMHO.:cool: