PDA

View Full Version : Honda U3-X

Casual_Shooter
05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Figured this belonged in Tech best.

cuIJRsAuCHQ

cntrolsguy
05-06-2010, 11:37 AM
This think is way cool! Now for the jousting sticks!

Bug Splat
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
The world just got a little fatter.

Aside from kickarse jousting events with friends I don't see a reason for this. I can see great applications for the handicapped but not for your average Joe.

That being said I can't wait to try one :D

Barabas
05-06-2010, 1:47 PM
I drew up a wheel design nearly identical to that in 89 for motorcycles. Wish I had patented it.

mif_slim
05-06-2010, 1:54 PM
You remember the movie Wall-E? Human kind will get fat and not be able to walk anymore....then when the space ship tilts and people call off their U3-x, they'll be like a bunch of jelly on the floor. haha

gunn
05-06-2010, 2:22 PM
I would totally joust with this. Since it seems like an indoor only tool, they need to make the seats much, much larger for their primary audience.

I also agree that the world got one more step closer to this:
http://derekkean.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/wall-e-fat-chair.jpg

-g

CmpsdNoMore
05-06-2010, 2:53 PM
That's pretty cool considering how small it is. I don't see it being useful for a handicapped person due to how easy it'd be to fall off.

xxINKxx
05-06-2010, 4:27 PM
Honda probably made it more for bragging right purposes. To show off that they can design something 1 step ahead of the rest. Oviously its kinda pointless, and a waste of money since you can walk and stand which doesnt cost a dime since its human nature, rather then riding that while looking at art which will cost alot, which is what they are doing at the end of the video

RRangel
05-07-2010, 6:58 PM
It's not a new concept, but the implications for the future are great. I remember when Bombardier released a sketch of concept superbike with one wheel just a few years ago. If anyone can do it Honda can certainly implement a real product.

Look at the Segway. There's a current need, especially for something so compact. Think of people that are mobility challenged and products like the Rascal type scooters.

Rekrab
05-08-2010, 12:53 PM
It would be useful if you lived in a city where space is at a premium and speed is a rarity. Great for grabbing groceries or something I would think. Then again, that's what I think bicycles are for.

tankerman
05-08-2010, 4:09 PM
I can see great applications for the handicapped but not for your average Joe. Right up until it runs out of power.