PDA

View Full Version : My tactical Moss 500, 10rd detach mag, red dot scoped shotgun

whonosewhose
03-07-2006, 1:07 AM
Figured I'd post some pics of my Mossberg 500.

I just finished it and its a blast to shoot. You can shoot it one handed and it has less recoil than my AR-15.....The recoil reducing stock feels 80% less recoil than a standard, its pretty neat...

Mossberg 500:
Knoxx Ind. Sidewinder Detachable Mag Drum 10-rd Magazine
Knoxx Ind. Mossberg 500 Adapter
Knoxx Ind. SpecOps Recoil Reducing Shotgun Stock
Knoxx Ind. Front Forend Pistol Grip
ATI Muzzle Break /w Picatinny Mount
ATI Heat shield
B-square Picatanny Scope Mount
Reticle Laser Tactical Sight

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/AidanN20/Guns/tacshotgun3.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/AidanN20/Guns/TacShotgun2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/AidanN20/Guns/tacshotgun4.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/AidanN20/Guns/TactShotgun1.jpg

Ironballs
03-07-2006, 3:18 AM
now if only she was chopped to 10"s
cool toy

crs1
03-07-2006, 3:58 PM
How is the barrel shroud connected? It looks like you took the screws out.

Brass Balls
03-07-2006, 4:02 PM
Neat shotgun. I'd be able to see it a lot better if you could shrink the photos down to about 750 pixels wide.

anotherted
03-09-2006, 5:23 PM
where is the can opener?

TacFan
03-09-2006, 5:48 PM
cool ... looks just like mine except I don't have the heat shield. I don't know about shooting it one handed though, the knoxx kit makes it kind of heavy in my opinion

Justang
03-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Must be for zombies.

KTM
03-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Where's the sling?

mperA6
03-20-2006, 8:49 PM
wow those are some big pics. and a very nice shotgun. so ahh is that legal in this fine state? and if so where do I get five.

blkA4alb
03-20-2006, 9:01 PM
wow those are some big pics. and a very nice shotgun. so ahh is that legal in this fine state? and if so where do I get five.
its legal because its pump action, all you need is a standard mossberg 500a shotgun. i got mine at big5 for 280 with 2 barrels. he has the knoxx 10 round detachable magazine kit, collapsable stock, red dot adapter, reflex sight, muzzle attachment with picatinny rail, and a heat shield. sound about right whonoswho? ill post some pictures of mine soon

mperA6
03-20-2006, 9:26 PM
thanks, I was under the impression that any shotgun with a detachable magazine was considered a destructive device.

Unfortunatly for some CRAZY reason Wal-Marts in LA Co. cannot sell firearms or ammo. Maby we actually are safer because of this.

TacFan
03-20-2006, 9:37 PM
thanks, I was under the impression that any shotgun with a detachable magazine was considered a destructive device.

Unfortunatly for some CRAZY reason Wal-Marts in LA Co. cannot sell firearms or ammo. Maby we actually are safer because of this.

not a detachable magazine but a revolving cylinder. I got my mossberg 500 combo at big 5 for $199. Look for the deals.

Z

AntiBubba 2.1
03-22-2006, 9:17 PM
I'm a little dubious about the 1-handed claim. That thing looks awkward for two hands! :o

How heavy is it? How quickly can the mag be changed? How reliable is the feed? How quickly/easily can it be switched to a regular configuration? You say Big 5 has that-how much?

TacFan
03-22-2006, 9:21 PM
I'm a little dubious about the 1-handed claim. That thing looks awkward for two hands! :o

How heavy is it? How quickly can the mag be changed? How reliable is the feed? How quickly/easily can it be switched to a regular configuration? You say Big 5 has that-how much?

When I tested it at the range, it did get heavier because it uses quality material which adds weight. But the weight really reduces recoil tremedously. Big five has the shotguns not the sidewinder kit. The kit is made by knoxx
www.knoxx.com

-hanko
03-23-2006, 12:11 PM
When I tested it at the range, it did get heavier because it uses quality material which adds weight. But the weight really reduces recoil tremedously.
How much does it weigh??

I'd ditch the sight mount & find something that could be screwed to the receiver, even if you have to drill/tap.

Why the heat shield?

-hanko

rayra
04-15-2006, 12:21 AM

Unfortunatly for some CRAZY reason Wal-Marts in LA Co. cannot sell firearms or ammo. Maby we actually are safer because of this.Huh?

Walmarts in CA haven't sold firearms for nearly 3yrs, after several of their CA stores badly botched their sales, making illegal sales to felons, amongst other violations. Nothing "CRAZY" about it. Stupid, certainly.

And for ammunition, don't know what Walmart you're shopping at but I just bought a 100-rd value pak from on in north L.A. County just last weekend.

Anyway, here's my Mossy 500 Combo, with the 18-1/2" bbl fitted, and a sidesaddle added. Want to get some ghost ring sights for it soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/rayra/militaria/shotguncarrier.jpg

repete34
04-17-2006, 9:53 PM
It looked like a phase 1 plasma rifle in the 10 watt range to me.

No, it really looked thought out, but I woould suggest ghost rings.