PDA

View Full Version : Let's all try to be civil

TonyNorCal
03-06-2006, 7:37 PM
I know this stuff can get pretty emotional and frustrating. But let's all remember that we're in this lifeboat together and it's in our best interest to row together.

Personal attacks don't accomplish anything.
Over the top rhetoric doesn't either.
And there are polite and impolite ways to address a new person asking a question.

Cheers:)

HEUER
03-06-2006, 7:42 PM
I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,

Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,

I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

No, just kidding. I agree with you. - Mark ;)

PIRATE14
03-06-2006, 7:45 PM
STAY ON TARGET>>>>>>>>:cool:

Gunsrruss
03-06-2006, 7:51 PM
I know this stuff can get pretty emotional and frustrating. But let's all remember that we're in this lifeboat together and it's in our best interest to row together.

And there are polite and impolite ways to address a new person asking a question.

Yea, I've got enough toilet paper to do Tony's place. Then will burn it. Will give him Civil. We all live in the occupied zone.

socalguns
03-06-2006, 7:58 PM
It only takes one dummy to miss the sarcasm in this posting and call the cops :) something to chew on

glen avon
03-06-2006, 8:03 PM

IOW, everybody be nice to Glen Avon. :D

Charliegone
03-06-2006, 8:44 PM

Glen Avon..my uncle use to live there.:D

xenophobe
03-06-2006, 8:48 PM
Well, I'm an *******, I'll freely admit that. I don't mean to be, but can't help it sometimes. lol

I try to be nice though. ;)

Oh wow... the filter didn't catch that... Admins, if that's bad... my apologies. *cowers in fear*

phish
03-06-2006, 8:56 PM
Well, I'm an *******, I'll freely admit that. I don't mean to be, but can't help it sometimes. lol

Oh wow... the filter didn't catch that... Admins, if that's bad... my apologies. *cowers in fear*

yeah, well, we love you anyway

(especially for the cool lowers you've scored):D

oh man, first it was G.I. Joe-Cobra-Autobot-Decepticon-Thundercat stamped lowers, now this...

the good 'ole days, when life was simpler....:o

bwiese
03-06-2006, 9:56 PM
******* #2 here...

xenophobe
03-06-2006, 9:58 PM
******* #2 here...

Hey Bill, you ever notice how everyone gets out of our way when we start talking? haha. It's great to have you at the shop!

accordingtoome
03-06-2006, 9:59 PM
go up to someone and ask them ..

"hey if you bone some girl in the butt can she get pregnant??"
uhh... no...
"then how did they get asswholes like you?'' hahhaahahaaa

accordingtoome
03-06-2006, 10:00 PM
i thought the filter would block my cuzz words sorry admins. .. it was just a joke

StuckInCA
03-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I guess I'll take the 3rd title of resident *******....and i haven't been here that long :)

I guess I'll play nice with EBWhite now....*sigh*

-Andy

metalhead357
03-06-2006, 10:13 PM

You TOO! Mee TOOO! Maybe THAT's why we get along! LOL!

FWIW folks...Its ok folks... I'm an equal opportunity discriminator... I hate EVERYBODY equally:p

Ahhh, Dont go wasting a precious survival commodity like TP on somebody's house! Just use all the crappy leaflets from the poloticians already making it out to a neighborhood near you!

Brass Balls
03-07-2006, 5:13 AM
Being the gun forum slut that I am I've been on forums that operate in a predominately civil manner and others that have no such pretense. Both types can be enjoyable to visit.

I will say that the civil boards are generally more informative and helpful. This may be because the person that has the perfect answer to a question may not want to take the time to explain it if the asker called him a smegma head the day before. Another likely explanation is that a civil board isnít as likely to drive knowledgeable and sometimes older folks away in frustration and disgust.

bg
03-07-2006, 7:04 AM

I believe Mr.Franklin said it best...
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall hang separately."

Darn it, I wish you hadn't posted that. Now I'm going to be
humming that song until I get sick of it. lol

Pappy91W
03-07-2006, 7:13 AM
Someone mentioned "*******", ok, I'm here, WTF do you want?

ETA: Sorry, I didn't want to miss the boat here. ;)

xenophobe
03-07-2006, 10:09 AM
You TOO! Mee TOOO! Maybe THAT's why we get along! LOL!

Nah, we're still at odds. I guarantee it. We just haven't found other areas to disagree on yet. heh ;)

...I just give you a break cause we probably listen to similar music lol :p

bwiese
03-07-2006, 10:13 AM
******* #2 here...

Hey Bill, you ever notice how everyone gets out of our way when we start talking? haha.
It's great to have you at the shop!

Perhaps that's because I'm just too damned big & loud ;)

I am indeed glad to see a ballsy well-run shop treat off-list lowers as "just another gun" and kinda a standard stocked item.

And always glad to stop by. Esp convenient as it's just a few doors down from the coffee/donut shop ;) , and I live 1mi away, just off old Hillsdale on Communcations Hill.

Maybe I can sneak in today and pick up my Ruger Red Label shotty - depends on work - as I think my 10day wait is over. My buddy that came along when I bought it will likely pickup his P38 and shotty this wknd.

phish
03-07-2006, 10:17 AM
just keep your mits off the Winchester 52 behind the counter ;)

xenophobe
03-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Perhaps that's because I'm just too damned big & loud ;)

I am indeed glad to see a ballsy well-run shop treat off-list lowers as "just another gun" and kinda a standard stocked item.

And always glad to stop by. Esp convenient as it's just a few doors down from the coffee/donut shop ;) , and I live 1mi away, just off old Hillsdale on Communcations Hill.

Maybe I can sneak in today and pick up my Ruger Red Label shotty - depends on work - as I think my 10day wait is over. My buddy that came along when I bought it will likely pickup his P38 and shotty this wknd.

Haha... Yeah, well I'm overly loud and opinionated myself... anytime I get started everyone kind of just gives me a look. lol

Too bad you weren't around in 99 after SB-23 passed. The place was a veritable nuthouse. In the last couple of months the shop would be open till 10-11pm, and on the last day, the store didn't close until after midnight. Talk about assault weapon madness... Which made the enactment of AB-50 kind of sad. The last day of .50 BMG sales and the store had been empty for nearly 2 hours before closing... All the people who wanted .50s bought them early after the bill passed. In the last couple of months, nobody really cared and the store closed quietly, and 30 minutes early.

Phish, that Model 52 is nice, but did you ask the owner to show you the one he has hidden in the back room? ;)

artherd
03-08-2006, 1:08 AM
Hahahah, does that make me ******* # 3? I think it must :)

GROUP HUG EVERYONE!

metalhead357
03-08-2006, 7:31 PM

WHhhhaaaa? THREEEEEEE Port holes? I dunno Artherd....I think you should a doctor for that & maybe get some ointment or something:p

Ok, group hug....no hands below the waiste line Thank You:eek:

6172crew
03-08-2006, 7:39 PM
Where does that put me then? Ive always wondered what folks here thought I looked like and such. Ive met a few of you at the early calguns meets at Chabot and Richmond BBQs. I ddint eat with you guys but have shared rifles at those events.

I have also met a few of you at these speakeasy lower buys and gunshows. I bet I look nothing like I type.:D

metalhead357
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Where does that put me then? Ive always wondered what folks here thought I looked like and such. Ive met a few of you at the early calguns meets at Chabot and Richmond BBQs. I ddint eat with you guys but have shared rifles at those events.

I have also met a few of you at these speakeasy lower buys and gunshows. I bet I look nothing like I type.:D

Well I metcha'! I wasnt looking for "extra port holes":p But you looked as normal as any other Californian to me!!!!! Dont ask me if that's a good thing or bad thing...every time I get told that I wonder the SAME thing!;)

C.G.
03-10-2006, 2:56 PM

GROUP HUG EVERYONE!

I guess according to this thread

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=30002

I officially joined the club.:eek:

hotshot
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Glen Avon? Thats where I grew up... lol... Just dont drink the water:p