PDA

View Full Version : Best way to help Jerry Brown, Maybe hurt Meg? Thoughts?

Super Spy
05-05-2010, 5:03 PM
I was just reading this thread Update on Steve Poizner.... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297384) and rather than thread jack I thought I'd start a new thread. I will vote for Jerry Brown in upcoming Gubernatorial election as I feel he is the best option for RKBA. I'm planning on helping Jerry Brown by doing everything possible I can to hurt Meg Whitman. Both my wife and I are registered as Republicans and plan on voting for Poizner in the Primary. I don't think he can win the general election and even if he did, he still beats Meg on RKBA. I plan on donating to his campaign until the primary is over, than I'll donate to JB.

What do you think of my plan? Will it or won't it work? Why?

I know I just put a big sign on my back that says "Kick Me Please" So have at it CalGuns!

Uxi
05-05-2010, 5:14 PM
I hate Brown on EVERYTHING ELSE.

I don't trust Poizner or Whitman.... Poizner doesn't stand a chance anyways, so the question becomes Brown or Whitman... unfortunately, Whitman would at least be mostly gridlock (I could hope). Brown would probably get most of what he wants, which scares the crap out of me.

stix213
05-05-2010, 5:14 PM
I have a hard time believing Jerry Brown won't sign every single anti-gun law his own party members in the state legislature hand him to sign. Plus there is actually more stuff the gov does other than sign anti-gun laws... :eek: :eek: (yes I know for us Calgunners that is a surprise to find out)

biofire
05-05-2010, 5:22 PM
I like Brown. No, he's far from perfect, but when he was mayor here in Oakland, he did all he could to change the culture in city government, but certain special interests prevailed due to the power of the Oakland City Council, which has more power than it should. The way I see it, I'm surprised he accomplished as much as he did. He did a good job of NOT giving in to his party's agenda because he's more pragmatic than ideological. He's not anti-gun, and he's a pretty level-headed guy. He wouldn't be my first choice, but Whitman has no idea how governments really run. I actually see him at the gym regularly. He's in much better shape than most guys his age! He could definitely take Whitman in a brawl.

Whoa Nellie
05-05-2010, 5:27 PM
Brown has been in California politics for 30 years as a govenor, attorney general and mayor. California in those 30 years instituted the strictest state gun laws in America.

Funny how he has fooled so many into thinking he bears no responsibility for any of them.

Jerry Brown is just another life long liberal politician.

five.five-six
05-05-2010, 5:29 PM
I'm planning on helping Jerry Brown by doing everything possible I can to hurt Meg Whitman.

something is telling me that Meg might not be opposed to your plan

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6954/megwhitman.jpg

haveyourmile
05-05-2010, 5:36 PM
Yeah I'm weary about Brown...

Not sure what I need to hear to convince me but something just doesn't feel right. Seems like he was pretty lame first time as governor, I'm worried it'll be the same ol sh*t

Shotgun Man
05-05-2010, 5:41 PM

Not sure what I need to hear to convince me but something just doesn't feel right. Seems like he was pretty lame first time as governor, I'm worried it'll be the same ol sh*t

I wasn't in CA back then. What was so lame? I think we were probably better off generally and in terms of gun rights back then.

five.five-six
05-05-2010, 5:50 PM

brown is worse than arnold failenegger to be sure, but Whitman is the spawn of the prince of darkness

383green
05-05-2010, 5:54 PM
He's in much better shape than most guys his age! He could definitely take Whitman in a brawl.

Now, that would be a political debate that I'd go buy a TV to watch! :p

Shotgun Man
05-05-2010, 6:27 PM
brown is worse than arnold failenegger to be sure, but Whitman is the spawn of the prince of darkness

BS-- Schwarzenegger has no principles, and I believe he is of sub-average intelligence. Living in this country all this time, he still speaks English like he is fresh off the boat.

He vetoed the bill to restrict smoking on state beaches and parks because it was an incursion on personal liberty, yet fingerprinting law-abiding taxpayers buying ammo is not an incursion on personal liberty?

AS is an idiot without integrity. IMO, there's no way JB would be worse than AS.

I'm still wondering how JB screwed gun owners when he was gov? (I'm not say he didn't, I'm honestly wondering is all)

big red
05-05-2010, 6:42 PM
Well, I don't think Jerry is worried about Meg if it is a campaign between the two of them because they are both big money players. I am not sure he would know what to do with Poizner since he has hardly said anything about poizner. if poizner takes witman then brown needs to do his homework and he can't say anything about poizner without having to admit to worse things himself. People are ready for a change and if the dark horse can pull it off he may be running too fast after the primary for brown to catch him.

Aegis
05-05-2010, 6:47 PM
It does not really matter who is the governor, the legislature is the primary problem. Until there are major changes within the legislature, this state will be in terrible financial shape.

Shotgun Man
05-05-2010, 6:48 PM
It does not really matter who is the governor, the legislature is the problem. Until there are major changes within the legislature, this state will be in terrible financial shape.

The gov has to sign the bills, absent an override, so I believe it does matter.

big red
05-05-2010, 6:49 PM
Shotgun Man: He tripled our debt, everything seemed to be for the illegals, and he paid more attention to the illegal farm workers than he did the citizens of this state. Our taxes went up , our profits went down, free social programs skyrocketed, and businesses left the state due to mounting social costs and increasing taxes. Two
friends of mine moved their businesses over to Reno and warehoused their inventory there and ran their stores from Reno. Governor Moonbeam as he was known by did his best to turn this state into a welfare free for all. I lived here and he screwed us big time.

nicki
05-05-2010, 6:57 PM
Meg is our enemy, if she is governor she will make Arnold look like a Conservative.

JB is someone that many gun owners and most conservatives won't vote for.

Meg is vulnerable in republican enclaves because she is wrong on abortion and guns. All she has to do is be wrong on one more social issue such as immigration, gay rights, vouchers and she has pretty much dissed conservatives.

That will give conservatives the following question, which is more important, party or principles.

So if you want to help JB, help Chelene Nightingale. Chelene is pro gun, pro life and she will be the American Independent candidate.

Right now according to her campaign she is polling at 10 percent. Support for her will come from Independents and Republicans who are tired of RINO candidates.

I have met Chelene and as a pragmatic Ron Paul Libertarian Republican I definitely would say she has my vote.

Nicki

The Rattler
05-05-2010, 7:17 PM
As AG, Brown cost me $75K in carbon footprint reports for a environmental impact report on a project in Southern Cal. He is a thinner Al Gore. Best of luck when he turns on you and claims state rights are greater than fed rights and cripples the 2A to a memory. Screw all of you then.

Naritelli2010.com

wildhawker
05-05-2010, 7:44 PM
I have news for you if you think that the EIR requirements you were subjected to were somehow unique from those under recent GOP AGs. Many fingers can be pointed in more accurate directions than AG Brown.

As AG, Brown cost me $75K in carbon footprint reports for a environmental impact report on a project in Southern Cal. He is a thinner Al Gore. Best of luck when he turns on you and claims state rights are greater than fed rights and cripples the 2A to a memory. Screw all of you then.

Naritelli2010.com

ironman5669
05-05-2010, 8:13 PM
Meg is our enemy, if she is governor she will make Arnold look like a Conservative.

JB is someone that many gun owners and most conservatives won't vote for.

Meg is vulnerable in republican enclaves because she is wrong on abortion and guns. All she has to do is be wrong on one more social issue such as immigration, gay rights, vouchers and she has pretty much dissed conservatives.

That will give conservatives the following question, which is more important, party or principles.

So if you want to help JB, help Chelene Nightingale. Chelene is pro gun, pro life and she will be the American Independent candidate.

Right now according to her campaign she is polling at 10 percent. Support for her will come from Independents and Republicans who are tired of RINO candidates.

I have met Chelene and as a pragmatic Ron Paul Libertarian Republican I definitely would say she has my vote.

Nicki

ten percent, wow impressive, look no matter how good she sounds (and she does sound good) she has absolutely no chance to win. dont waste your vote.

MrBrent
05-05-2010, 8:32 PM
JB got all our state workers in the unions which is what is breaking us. Like others have said he is all for the welfare state. He is a global warming nut job and will drive even more business out of here which means many more job losses. I need a job to buy my guns. No way for moonbeam but MW is horrible. Poizner will get my vote in the primary at this time anyway.

Legasat
05-05-2010, 9:51 PM
Face it - we're screwed either way....

G60
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
LOL "It is time to allow California's common-sense law to go into effect and help parents protect their children from violent video games," Brown said.

Super Spy
05-06-2010, 1:38 PM
JB got all our state workers in the unions which is what is breaking us. Like others have said he is all for the welfare state. He is a global warming nut job and will drive even more business out of here which means many more job losses. I need a job to buy my guns. No way for moonbeam but MW is horrible. Poizner will get my vote in the primary at this time anyway.

It only took 20 posts before someone even came close to my original question.......More political pissing contests to follow shortly without doubt.....

kellito
05-06-2010, 2:01 PM
It only took 20 posts before someone even came close to my original question.......More political pissing contests to follow shortly without doubt.....

Did I miss something? I don't think you asked a question in your post.

stag1500
05-06-2010, 2:11 PM
brown is worse than arnold failenegger to be sure...

Not when it comes to gun rights. Don't forget Browns favorable amicus brief in McDonald v. Chicago.

stag1500
05-06-2010, 2:18 PM
Both my wife and I are registered as Republicans and plan on voting for Poizner in the Primary. I don't think he can win the general election and even if he did, he still beats Meg on RKBA.

And you would be wasting your money. Poizner will not win the primary. Your money would be better spent getting the message out to gunnies that:

1. Meg Whitman is on record for supporting the CA AWB
2. Meg Whitman oversaw the implementation of ebay's/paypal's hostile anti-gun policies
3. Meg Whitman refused to meet with gun-rights groups.

stag1500
05-06-2010, 2:26 PM
Brown has been in California politics for 30 years as a govenor, attorney general and mayor. California in those 30 years instituted the strictest state gun laws in America.

It's the Democrat controlled legislature that created/passed all the gun-contol bills in this state. George Deukmejian(R) was governor when the first AWB was passed in 1989, Gray Davis(D) was governor when the 2nd AWB was passed in 1999 and Arnold(R) was governor when the 50BMG Ban was passed. Jerry Brown had nothing to do with any of those bans.

stag1500
05-06-2010, 2:29 PM
He is a global warming nut job and will drive even more business out of here which means many more job losses.

Check out Meg Whitman's endorsement of Van Jones, Obama's former Green Jobs Czar:

iSn37TMXZO8

Uxi
05-08-2010, 8:12 AM
Does nothing to change the fact that Brown is the one who enabled the public employee unions (which is the single biggest factor in the economic problems in the State) and that Brown is a huge supporter of the new global warming nonsense bill that will put dirt in the face of a dead economy.

Brown is slightly more friendly to 2nd Amendment issues, but absolutely horrible on everything else.

Doug L
05-08-2010, 8:48 AM
The gov has to sign the bills, absent an override, so I believe it does matter.

True, it does matter who is governor, since he has the veto authority (though we haven't seen much of that from Arnold, lately).
But, the legislature is where the bills are created.

So, if I had to choose between (1) creating and writing the bills, or (2) signing or vetoing the bills, I'd prefer to control creating and writing the bills.

This would summarize the available preferences:

First choice - Control both the legislature and the governorship.

Second choice - Control only the legislature.

Third choice - Control only the governorship.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=288176

bwiese
05-08-2010, 2:41 PM
True, it does matter who is governor, since he has the veto authority (though we haven't seen much of that from Arnold, lately).
But, the legislature is where the bills are created.

So, if I had to choose between (1) creating and writing the bills, or (2) signing or vetoing the bills, I'd prefer to control creating and writing the bills.

This would summarize the available preferences:

First choice - Control both the legislature and the governorship.

Second choice - Control only the legislature.

Third choice - Control only the governorship.

#2 and thus #1 aren't that possible with current districting/demographics and due to CA Republican party self-destruction. We can increase the pain for the legislature but having a blocker at the top is the best way we play the game today.

bwiese
05-08-2010, 2:43 PM
Does nothing to change the fact that Brown is the one who enabled the public employee unions (which is the single biggest factor in the economic problems in the State) and that Brown is a huge supporter of the new global warming nonsense bill that will put dirt in the face of a dead economy.

Brown is slightly more friendly to 2nd Amendment issues, but absolutely horrible on everything else.

I'm unclear why, on a CA gun website, you're not a gun-only voter.

Every other interest/pressure group bloc in CA - pets, smoking, unions, gays, etc - all are driven by single-focus issues.

Gunnies have sold themselves down the river in CA because they keep gluing on baggage to the gunrights vote.

Fix one problem at a time - esp when the opportunity is there. The fact the state is broke is very very helpful to us!

Gem1950
05-08-2010, 2:50 PM
I wonder how many CalGunners were even alive, let alone old enough to remember, when Jerry Brown was Governor?

bwiese
05-08-2010, 2:57 PM
I wonder how many CalGunners were even alive, let alone old enough to remember, when Jerry Brown was Governor?

I am. I recall CA was fairly functional and that most of the issues at the time were actually national ones - the "Carter malaise", specifically.

dantodd
05-08-2010, 3:43 PM

Would you vote for a pro-gun candidate running against an anti if one of the planks of the pro-gunner included taking away the rights of the transgendered because they are mentally unstable? Or if the pro-gunner were David Duke?

While extreme examples to be sure, there is never a truly one-issue voter. For some guns may be number 1 but a slew of other issues could add up to a different vote. This may be particularly true in the general election when we'll have a better idea on just how much trouble an anti-gunner in the state house can really cause. If SCOTUS gives us the golden ticket of PorI strict/strict on self-defense and sporting it may largely moot the role of a governor in gun control.

Dubels
05-08-2010, 3:49 PM
I am sorry but I am not going to worry about gun rights when the CA economy is failing. When I can't put food on my plate and have a roof over my head I will most likely have sold my gun already.

bwiese
05-08-2010, 3:52 PM
Would you vote for a pro-gun candidate running against an anti if one of the planks of the pro-gunner included taking away the rights of the transgendered because they are mentally unstable? Or if the pro-gunner were David Duke?

True, but you're bringing out the extreme.

And also, in CA, those folks aren't usually electable - as evidenced by the sorry-arsed status of the CA R party, when gunrights get tied to other issues and then thrown out.

when we'll have a better idea on just how much trouble an anti-gunner in the state house can really cause. If SCOTUS gives us the golden ticket of PorI strict/strict on self-defense and sporting it may largely moot the role of a governor in gun control.

Incorporation will solve things longer term. It will still not, for the very immediate future, stop legislature from throwing out crap laws and seeing what sticks. Having a friendly up there for veto saves us extra time & litigation money. With additional court wins solidifying things, then I think the legislature will get bored - but it takes time.

bwiese
05-08-2010, 3:52 PM
I am sorry but I am not going to worry about gun rights when the CA economy is failing.
When I can't put food on my plate and have a roof over my head I will most likely have sold my gun already.

Hmm, my economy is not failing.

Thanks for selling my gunrights out for your cookies.

Have you thought about picking up new skills? No such thing as a lifetime job now.

Hogxtz
05-08-2010, 4:32 PM

I think the entitlements and Illegal aliens are the biggest cost to the state.

Glock22Fan
05-08-2010, 4:50 PM
I was just reading this thread Update on Steve Poizner.... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297384) and rather than thread jack I thought I'd start a new thread. I will vote for Jerry Brown in upcoming Gubernatorial election as I feel he is the best option for RKBA. I'm planning on helping Jerry Brown by doing everything possible I can to hurt Meg Whitman. Both my wife and I are registered as Republicans and plan on voting for Poizner in the Primary. I don't think he can win the general election and even if he did, he still beats Meg on RKBA. I plan on donating to his campaign until the primary is over, than I'll donate to JB.

What do you think of my plan? Will it or won't it work? Why?

I know I just put a big sign on my back that says "Kick Me Please" So have at it CalGuns!

I think you have actually summarized what I suggested in another thread, except that I would not waste money on Poizner, even though I would vote for him in the primaries. If Poizner actually won the primaries (which he won't) then I'd vote for him in November.

Unless there is some really big unforseen catastrophe, November is going to be Whitman v. Brown. I can understand that some of you are worried about Brown's history, but my take is that Brown will at least be good for us on firearms. From what I've seen, Whitman will be a dismal failure on everything, as there's no way that someone with her views and lack of experience stands any chance whatsoever of controlling the pols in Sacramento. Much like Arnie, but way, way more so.

Vote Whitman if you want to throw away your gun rights AND stand no chance whatsoever of curbing the left's excesses.

sd_arby
05-08-2010, 5:53 PM
I think you have actually summarized what I suggested in another thread, except that I would not waste money on Poizner, even though I would vote for him in the primaries. If Poizner actually won the primaries (which he won't) then I'd vote for him in November.

Unless there is some really big unforseen catastrophe, November is going to be Whitman v. Brown. I can understand that some of you are worried about Brown's history, but my take is that Brown will at least be good for us on firearms.

I would not count Poizner out yet... Meg is in a "death spiral" of her own making.
She is looking over her shoulder and losing ground.

1st5
05-08-2010, 7:13 PM
We should all just vote Poizner in the Primary and in the Election in November. Cut the crap...Meg is bad, Brown is a liberal. Stick to your guns and stay with Poizner.

Mstrty
05-08-2010, 7:53 PM
We should all just vote Poizner in the Primary and in the Election in November. Cut the crap...Meg is bad, Brown is a liberal. Stick to your guns and stay with Poizner.

This is good advice. Best we got.

Lulfas
05-08-2010, 7:55 PM
This is good advice. Best we got.

Makes perfect sense if you're a conservative in the first place.

Glock22Fan
05-08-2010, 7:58 PM

No problem voting Poizner in the primary. However, you are overlooking that you won't get the choice of Poizner AND Whitman in November, only one of them. If that's Poizner, great, problem over. If it isn't, then you have Whitman v. Brown.

And yes, Poizner might win through, let's hope that Meg does go into a death spiral. (She's already alienated my wife by phoning up three or four times a day.) If that happens, we have the best of both worlds, and you can vote for the candidate of your choice out of two pro-gun candidates.

ar15robert
05-08-2010, 8:01 PM
No matter the candidates party you are screwed (afterall they are all politicians).Now that only leaves me a choice and thats gun rights there fore i will have to go with a demoncrat and thats moon beam.

I thought arnold would be good at the recall time i really never thought i would say i think id rather have grey davis really think he would have vetoed the ammo bill.Arnold hasnt met an anti gun bill he didnt like.

artherd
05-08-2010, 8:37 PM

Wrong. Brown is the only RKBA Gubernatorial candidate.

SigSoldier
05-08-2010, 9:11 PM
ten percent, wow impressive, look no matter how good she sounds (and she does sound good) she has absolutely no chance to win. dont waste your vote.

Why do people always say its a wasted vote if you vote for someone who "has no chance"? I think a wasted vote is when you vote for someone who you don't really like simply because the one you really like supposedly "has no chance". Vote for whoever you think will do the job right.

If everyone voted for who they really wanted instead of voting for the ones the corporate media tells us will win we might be surprised at the outcome.

If anyone is really passionate about a candidate including the OP then go to their site get some slim jims and walk around your city telling people about the candidate. That really is the best thing to get the word out.

proxiedjohnny
05-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Hmm, my economy is not failing.

Thanks for selling my gunrights out for your cookies.

Have you thought about picking up new skills? No such thing as a lifetime job now.

good for you. do you re-read your posts before you hit the submit button? someone from the CGF should moderate your posts because you come off like a total d-bag.

bwiese
05-09-2010, 12:18 PM
good for you. do you re-read your posts before you hit the submit button?
someone from the CGF should moderate your posts because you come off
like a total d-bag.

I can be an arse indeed, but whem I'm right I'm right.

You can either vote pro-gun, or you are letting other concerns clutter your gun rights.

If you are voting for some issue (economic) ahead of guns, you are essentially being 'bribed'
by the benefits of that side issue to vote anti-gun. It's the fundamental moral equivalent
of you taking a $100 bill from the Bradys to vote antigun.

I'll starve and live in a sewer before I vote antigun.

stag1500
05-09-2010, 5:13 PM
Meg is in a "death spiral" of her own making.
She is looking over her shoulder and losing ground.

Why? What is she doing that's causing her such grief?

johnny_22
05-09-2010, 8:58 PM
Why? What is she doing that's causing her such grief?

Her commercials against Steve insult my intelligence, and I ain't that smart! Why did she needed to be so heavy handed with a bobble headed Steve driving cars off a cliff?

The first time I heard one of her anti-Steve commercials on the radio, I thought it was some PAC committee. At the end was her voice saying "I approve this message." If she approves that crap, there is no gun law she won't approve.

Sinixstar
05-09-2010, 9:04 PM
Playing the war of attrition in a political campaign (get ahead by hurting the other guy) generally doesn't work very well. Unless you have a full-court press being put on by the campaign that is 100% behind that strategy. Even then it easily backfires when you go negative.

If you want to see somebody win, the absolute best thing you can do is go find the campaigns headquarters, walk in, and ask them what you can do to help. The sheer amount of manpower required to run an election is mindboggling.

nk-1911
05-09-2010, 9:06 PM

I'm with you. I think Brown or Meg would be another 4 year of Arnold.

Satex
05-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I will vote for Jerry Brown in upcoming Gubernatorial election as I feel he is the best option for RKBA.

While his stance on RKBA *may* be better than the republican candidates, I consider it to be a nightmare scenario to have both the CA legislature and executive branch controlled by one party. Our state is in a state of financial collapse; voting Brown into office may just guarantee it.

Sinixstar
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM

If Lenin was running on a pro-gun platform, since guns are necessary for the 'revolution' - would you vote for him?

Saym14
05-09-2010, 11:03 PM
when Brown ran in the presidential primaries it was on a small government. less taxes and more freedom. what is his take on this today?

bwiese
05-09-2010, 11:32 PM
If Lenin was running on a pro-gun platform, since guns are necessary for the 'revolution' - would you vote for him?

C'mon, that's pushing the irrational extreme. (Now, queueing up - there will be 50 posters saying Brown = Lenin and not knowing much about either.)

bwiese
05-09-2010, 11:36 PM
when Brown ran in the presidential primaries it was on a small government. less taxes and more freedom. what is his take on this today?

I think he's still the same 'cheap bastard' mindset. I've heard him talk about "useless" CA gov't agencies, etc.

He's politically very wise and would not support a tax increase. I actually think he can control wasteful Prop 98 school spending from his side - if Repubs try it, they'll get tainted as 'anti education', whereas Brown can show it's wasteful cuz it doesn't work.

I'm in no way in love with various other elements on his platform but can certainly suffer them for the benefits of gunrights - and for once being able to be in a position where we as gunnies can reward him for quiet, useful work for us - and to send a msg to CA Repubs that they don't 'own' gunrights and better step it up.

Sinixstar
05-10-2010, 12:52 AM
C'mon, that's pushing the irrational extreme. (Now, queueing up - there will be 50 posters saying Brown = Lenin and not knowing much about either.)

No, I know it's an extreme example - it was just the first that came to mind.

Perhaps a more realistic example - would you vote for Joe Lieberman? He's far more supportive of 2A rights then anything in California.
Here's a quote from a democratic debate in 2003:
American citizens have a right to own firearms. It is no more unlimited than any other right that we have. The laws that we pass ought to concentrate on stopping criminals and children and others who shouldn't have guns from getting them. Licensing, registration, in my opinion are bad ideas and violations of that fundamental right.

Yet he just introduced a bill calling for the immediate stripping of US Citizenship of anyone suspected of a terrorist act. Not convicted, suspected. Gets their citizenship revoked.

Doug L
05-10-2010, 8:23 AM
#2 and thus #1 aren't that possible with current districting/demographics and due to CA Republican party self-destruction.

I realize that. Still doesn't change the preferences, though.

Also, my link to the other thread points to one way we can take it upon ourselves, individually, to begin to try to turn things around.

cmaynes
05-10-2010, 8:30 AM
Becoming a "volunteer" for Whitman is of course an optional way to support Brown.....

I feel I am personally in a bit of a minority being an anti-Republican (as the party presently exists).

In my perfect world there would be one-term term limits....

Doug L
05-10-2010, 8:34 AM
I feel I am personally in a bit of a minority being an anti-Republican (as the party presently exists).

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan: 'I didn't leave the Republican party, the Republican party left me.'

stag1500
05-10-2010, 8:52 AM
To paraphrase Ronald Reagan: 'I didn't leave the Republican party, the Republican party left me.'

Yeah. If JFK were alive today, he'd be a Republican. That's how for to the left the Republican party has moved.

NorCalMama
05-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Check out Meg Whitman's endorsement of Van Jones, Obama's former Green Jobs Czar:

iSn37TMXZO8

God she's pretty! :ack2:

In all seriousness, her glowing report of Van Jones is what set me over the edge re Whitman. She is pro abortion, pro health care for illegals (for the CHILDREN!), she's anti RKBA... yet she's running as a Republican. Ugh... party means nothing anymore.
The ONLY joy I have is knowing my hardcore Republican grandparents hate Whitman as much as I do. :D Little by little I'm sharing how awful she is with all of my relatives and it seems to be doing the trick...

bwiese
05-10-2010, 10:27 AM
God she's pretty! :ack2:

.....she's anti RKBA...

And yet her booth staff at gunshows (not just one incidence) are using NRA (the big-3-letter version) hats - sometimes worn by her booth staff but most other times placed on the table along with campaign literature, to try to get the gullible to infer she's supported by the NRA.

If Meg Whitman is so pro-gun, how come Ben Cannon had to start GunPal as a replacement to PayPal to handle even incidental sporting goods transactions?

Mike's Custom
05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I am with bwiese on voting gun rights. I ahve always voted for the candidate that will do the least amount of damage to the 2nd Amendment. Gun rights are what gives us, and insures us, all the rest of our Constitutional rights.

I am old enough to remember Jerry Brown as mayor and Governor of CA. Jerry Brown vetoed the helmet law everytime it came up. Jerry Brown is for personal choice and he never signed in a firearms ban of any kind. He bad a balanced budget with conservative spending and CA had the best school system in the USA with the highest standards. Jerry Brown followed his own morals but did not press them onto anyone else. He refused a CA car and driver and drove his VW bug himself. I can not remember one instance that he sold us down the river for the sake of being reelected though I am sure he did make some cmpromises.

I am not saying for you to vote for Jerry Brown but for being a democrate he is one of the most conservative one I can think of. Yes, he is for the enviroment but we should all be to some extent, it is the only one we have. Is he nuts about it? I don't think so but we all agree that dumping crap into our water system is not good as well other things.

Arnold was never a Republican even though he told us he would lead us that way. every move he made was a broken promise to CA. He signed every gun ban bill that crossed his desk, spent more money then the idiot he replaced and ran us deeper in debt. He wants to sell off our prisons to private companies ofw which he and the Kennedy's are heavily invested and will profit greatly if it happens. It was done in Florida by a Kennedy already and they made tons of money.

Meg is the one that took ebay and Paypal and ran it into the ground. This has made GunPal possible as well as The Toy Peddler for selling collectibles and diecast cars as well as other items. And one that says they admire Van Jones is a enemy of the state and should be laughed at and mocked into submission.

ddestruel
05-10-2010, 1:27 PM
I think you have actually summarized what I suggested in ..................... From what I've seen, Whitman will be a dismal failure on everything, as there's no way that someone with her views and lack of experience stands any chance whatsoever of controlling the pols in Sacramento. Much like Arnie, but way, way more so.

Vote Whitman if you want to throw away your gun rights AND stand no chance whatsoever of curbing the left's excesses.

And since the last presidential election we have seen what happens when one party controls all three levels of government or maybe we should have a refresher on Gov Grey Davis....... the last time we had all three levels liberally controlled and i recall he was the lesser of two evils.

Point is i would rather have legislative stagnation with the spawn of satan at the helm than a the two like minded legislative branchs passing lots of bills in anticipation of the party affiliate govenor's rubber stamp.

funny how memories are short and history repeats itself then everybody screams after the fact that they thought......it was going to be different. people don't change but marketing skeems and packaging can change perceptions. thats politics creating the illusion or cover to get the votes.

Nothing has changed, I dont trust Meg W but i also have an issue with Brown being a career politician.

Your choice:
Stagnation and gridlock or the risk of a party line Rubber stamp politician.