PDA

View Full Version : 01 License Requirement

kenc9
03-06-2006, 1:08 PM
Anyone recently get an 01 license lately or know what BATF requires and how dealers are treated?

Thanks, ken

rkt88edmo
03-06-2006, 1:10 PM
Two people on calguns have in the last 2 or so years. The threads seem kind of buried, or have aged off the sight.

C.G.
03-06-2006, 2:35 PM
Two people on calguns have in the last 2 or so years. The threads seem kind of buried, or have aged off the sight.

Not really; just takes about a minute to find them.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=18387
and
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=28721&highlight=Big+Mac

kenc9
03-06-2006, 3:57 PM
Thanks for taking the time!

-ken

C.G.
03-06-2006, 6:00 PM
Thanks for taking the time!

-ken

No worries; you just have to take me pig hunting if you have a ranch in Paso Robles.:D

kenc9
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
No worries; you just have to take me pig hunting if you have a ranch in Paso Robles.:D
Camp Roberts is about the only place I know of. All the ranchs I knew of the kids got the property or sold it off and everything has changed.
Let me know when you want to go!

tenpercentfirearms
03-07-2006, 12:45 PM
I have recently received my FFL in just November. The DOJ seems to like new dealers as they like the DROS money. I have been treated fairly well by them with the exception of getting involved in this legal lowers thing and making myself a target. Ask specific questions and I can give you more specific answers. Just if you plan on running your FFL as a hobby, forget about it. It is a full time job.

icormba
03-07-2006, 4:24 PM
Per a buddy of mine, who went for his a few months back, said...
The ATF part is by far the easiest. He and his partners got stuck when it came to the local city guys.

tenpercentfirearms
03-07-2006, 5:32 PM
Yep, ATF was easy. In fact the ATF guy wished us luck and said we will need it when we were done because that is when we started dealing with California. I live in a conservative county and city so getting the cities OK was easy because we were commercially zoned.