PDA

View Full Version : Someone said my glock feels like it has had a trigger job

sweetcaddy
05-04-2010, 4:37 PM
I went to take some Handgun training and the instructor asked if I have a trigger job done. I said no this is how it was when I bought it brand new from the gun shop. He said that it feels like a 3.5 pound trigger job not the stock trigger. This is not good because I use it when I work security.

Is there any easy way to find out if they sold me a new gun that was modified? I know how to detail strip the glock.

Its a glock 19 if that helps.

Thank you

UserM4
05-04-2010, 4:58 PM
Did you weigh the trigger pull?

wu_dot_com
05-04-2010, 5:05 PM
though i have never own a glock, but i dont think you can check it w/o a device for checking striker/firing pin spring and trigger spring. you may check to see if your sear have been polished or deburr, but i doubt it will contribute much to the light trigger pull.

Black Majik
05-04-2010, 5:23 PM
Detail strip the gun, pull the connector and see if it has a - on it.

XDRoX
05-04-2010, 5:27 PM
Detail strip the gun, pull the connector and see if it has a - on it.

+1, see if the connector has a "-" on it.
How many rounds does it have through it? Glock triggers improve a lot with use.

Bobula
05-04-2010, 6:28 PM
Why is that not good?

Oldnoob
05-04-2010, 6:44 PM
Why is that not good?

It is not uncommon for some agency and shooters that think lighter trigger = unsafe gun.

Simply difference schools of thinking.

Oldnoob
05-04-2010, 6:49 PM
BTW, OP here are some picture that might help you identify.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/Glockmeisterconnectors-.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/8lbconnector.jpg

bohoki
05-04-2010, 7:17 PM
funny i always think other peoples guns have lighter pulls than mine

my trigger finger has too good a memory to my detriment

Voo
05-04-2010, 7:59 PM
modifying a glock is pretty easy but i cant' imagine why any gunshop would swap in a #3.5 for a #5 or #7 connector- the #3.5 is hard to find and usually runs about $20 whereas the other two are about $7 dollars each.

It's not likely, but if you post pictures of your connector, trigger bar, cruciform, striker, plunger, it'll be easier to spot if any mods were made. Keep in mind spring changes also effect the pull but determining if they're OEM springs is kinda hard to do via pictures so you might wanna look into swapping out all the springs for new OEM ones..

Maybe the instructor is just saying "it feels modded" for the sake of saying it.. :confused:

mswanson223
05-04-2010, 8:11 PM
I switched my Glock17 trigger to a 3.5 pounds took me about 10 mins. I found the aftermarket one was much better comparitively, much tighter groupings and still did not have a "hair trigger".

Masterdebater
05-04-2010, 9:24 PM
Instructor just wanted to sound like he knew what he was talking about. Or hasn't held a glock in awhile