PDA

View Full Version : AR Pistol?

mwt1980
05-04-2010, 2:02 PM
Can someone explain to me how this process works? What's legal? what's illegal?

Gio
05-04-2010, 2:15 PM
PM Sent, there are a lot of threads that have already covered this. Please use the Calguns Google Search ;)

-Gio

NiteQwill
05-04-2010, 2:27 PM
Don't do it, totally illegal.

;)

Rob454
05-04-2010, 6:20 PM
Don't do it, totally illegal.

;)

I know you're just kidding but not cool.

To build a AR pistol you need a A AR pistol lower. you cannot use a rifle lower to build a pistol. other than that its just liek buildoing a regular AR. also you cant have a stock on the pistol lower. Im learning as I go also.

dan12580
05-04-2010, 6:28 PM
just find one of the vendors in the commercial sales fourm that sells them and then find an ffl near you that will dros them and then wait 10 days and then go shoot it. they are as awesome as they are pointless.

alex00
05-04-2010, 6:47 PM
An AR Pistol is something that you should research extensively before you build or buy. The simple answer is that you need a bullet button, there is no such thing as featureless with a detachable magazine on a pistol build. Your research should cover all the areas of importation or purchase, (single shot exemption, LEO, PPT). You should also be able to explain why it is not a Short Barreled Rifle under both state and federal laws. You should know what devices the ATF does and does not consider a shoulder stock. You need to know these things if you ever plan to take the pistol out in public. People may ask questions, and simply saying "it's legal, because I saw a post on the internet about it" may not satisfy inquiring minds.

TKM
05-04-2010, 6:54 PM
Look up Precision Sports.

They work out of Oshkosh and helped me get my AR Pistol last month.

Tell Max Pete said Hi.