View Full Version : Confused?

03-05-2006, 5:51 PM
Hey every one.

I'm new here, and haven't actually even gotten to CA yet.

I'm in the AF with Orders to Travis AFB. I currently reside in Nebraska, and as a result own a couple of (California) restricted firearms. (Nothing Class 3) just an OLY Arms AR and Maybe a FAL by the time I get there.

I was told that I could register these weapons when I got to the state, b/c I am military and owned them before I moved.

However I have gotten different information on the magazines for my handguns, my AR and the FAL.

If I can register these weapons, do I just get smaller mags or am I stuck with rifles and no "legal" means to feed them?

Any help would be great appreciated.


03-05-2006, 6:09 PM
You can't bring full capacity magazines in (anything over 10 rounds). So, you will need to get 10 round AR and FAL mags if you want to bring your rifles here and shoot them.

That is my understanding though I am not fully aprised of the military exemption laws.

03-05-2006, 6:41 PM
Mag laws are separate from AW laws.

The Military Assault Weapons Permit (MAWP) will let you bring your AW in, but it will not allow you to bring in your hicap mags in for any gun.

03-05-2006, 7:25 PM
BE SURE when you leave the military you're out of California or they can lawfully confiscate your guns. Military AW permits are only good while you're in the military.