PDA

View Full Version : AK underfolder/ collapsible build options

olegk
03-05-2006, 3:03 PM
Hi Guys,
Based on DOJ

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:
Rifles
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of
the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10
rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

It means we can't build folding stock AK at all. I just measured my Romanian build and it has about 26 inch without buttstock.
Your take on this, please?

SeanO
03-05-2006, 3:21 PM
Hmmm... I have thought about this also and here is my take:

Fixed magazine and:

1: A fixed (pinned) underfolder stock in the open position.

2: A working underfolder stock and a REALLLLLLLLY long muzzle device that meets CA specs. (not a 22mm grenade launcher and brings the whole package over 30"). Similar to the Yugoslavian grenade launcher. I saw one that was 23mm so it was legal.

Sean

olegk
03-05-2006, 3:27 PM
Hmmm... I have thought about this also and here is my take:

Fixed magazine and:

1: A fixed (pinned) underfolder stock in the open position.

This might work as "pinned mag".

2: A working underfolder stock and a REALLLLLLLLY long muzzle device that meets CA specs. (not a 22mm grenade launcher and brings the whole package over 30"). Similar to the Yugoslavian grenade launcher. I saw one that was 23mm so it was legal.
Sean
Romak III with underfolder should work. Hahaha!!

EBWhite
03-05-2006, 5:29 PM
Yes, either build it with a pinned magazine (not recommened b/c of time it takes to load and it is not DOJ approved yet...

Or, pin the underfolder so it wont fold and have no flash hider or pistol grips...

shopkeep
03-05-2006, 5:51 PM
Pin the mag, total length of rifle with stock extended must be at least 30 inches. Have fun :D!