PDA

View Full Version : Wow CHP Issued 4006TSW on GunBroker

leitung
05-04-2010, 2:29 AM
NO.. not the 4006.. the 4006TSW that is special made for the CHP with the bobbed hammer and all metal rail.. Pretty rare find..
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=166689528

I wish I had the money, I bet I could talk the seller into shipping it to CA. Anyone want to buy and sell it to me in the future?

Bobula
05-04-2010, 2:52 AM
That price is seriously LOL worthy.

hybridatsun350
05-04-2010, 2:56 AM

Agreed! :eek:

Quiet
05-04-2010, 4:42 AM

QFT!

Seriously, $1500 for a 3rd generation S&W!?! :smilielol5:

Bobula
05-04-2010, 4:48 AM
Also Letlung, I've been on the range with quite a few CHP Officers while they were qualifying. There's were like yours, with the rail not integrated.

Uhhlexxxis
05-04-2010, 5:06 AM
I got one for free.. :p

dunndeal
05-04-2010, 5:30 AM
Isn't a pistol without a magazine just an expensive paperweight?

leelaw
05-04-2010, 6:24 AM
Isn't a pistol without a magazine just an expensive paperweight?

In this case, the presence of a magazine doesn't change the paperweight status.

Bobula
05-04-2010, 6:27 AM

I'd argue with you, but there's 2 reasons stopping me...

!) You're a moderator. Even when you're wrong you're right.
2) My S&W 4006 just got back from the factory for repairs. I won't say they break often, just that they have separation anxiety and need to see where they came from every 3k-10k rounds.

hybridatsun350
05-04-2010, 7:08 AM

2) My S&W 4006 just got back from the factory for repairs. I won't say they break often, just that they have separation anxiety and need to see where they came from every 3k-10k rounds.

Hahahahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes S&W semi-auto's!

Rekrab
05-04-2010, 7:27 AM
Ick, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would want the same gun CHP uses.

Bobula
05-04-2010, 7:32 AM
Ick, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would want the same gun CHP uses.

Mag interchangeability in case of a post apocalyptic Mad Max-esque society?

I have mine because it was a pretty reliable semi auto .40 for $299.

tbhracing
05-04-2010, 7:49 AM
I do not care for the SW semiautos, but good find and thanks for sharing.

evidens83
05-04-2010, 8:09 AM
I like it! But not for $1500..

Mike-4
05-04-2010, 8:14 AM
A retired officer must be selling his/hers. Despite the comments, this is a very reliable pistol, softest .40 I ever shot. Shoots much softer than my Glocks, HK's and Sig P229. Don't underestimate the 3rd generation Smiths.

leelaw
05-04-2010, 8:27 AM

Wait... You'll admit to #2, but say that you'd still argue that they're not crappy because I'm a Mod? You don't see the irony in that?

If someone had to send a Kimber back every 3,000 rds you'd never hear the end of it.

BigDogatPlay
05-04-2010, 8:32 AM
FWIW... I've never had to send any of my S&W autos, all three generations, back home for a visit. And they aren't safe queens. Your mileage may vary.

And, also FWIW, +1 to the 4006 series being soft shooters.

MarioS
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM

:rofl:

Bobula
05-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Wait... You'll admit to #2, but say that you'd still argue that they're not crappy because I'm a Mod? You don't see the irony in that?

If someone had to send a Kimber back every 3,000 rds you'd never hear the end of it.

So i must be a requirement to lose your sense of humor when you're a mod.....:rolleyes:

It was obviously a failed attempt at humor.

Cali-Shooter
05-05-2010, 1:24 AM
"Of all the TSW's, this is the one to have for your TSW Collection or just a hot pistol for PP. This is in the "Quite Rare" category. In 1994, The California Highway Patrol (CHP) placed an open order for this weapon to serve their officers. As of to date, only 9926 have been produced. Of that, only a few were available to the public in "New In Box" condition. Most are still being used on duty as their primary weapon. What is so special about the weapon besides the CHP serial number is: 1. The machined railed frame. Not a riveted one like 99.99% of the others. Secondly, all exposed parts, frame, slide and barrel are lasered exposed serialed numbered. All other non police TSW's are numbered when they are dissasembled. Lastly, there is just a plain cardboard box with egg foam and the outside product tag. No magazines, no lock, no spent round, no information phamplet, no nothing. So if you are from a State that required any of those items because of expanding gun laws, DO NOT BID ON IT. This weapon is NIB condition. My fax is 765-832-2582. No layaways on this gun. Please view photos to see the firearm you are bidding on. This firearm is listed in my gunshop and if sold I reserve the right to close the auction. Buyer pays shipping and handling on firearm to your FFL dealer. Buyer pays total shipping and handling on firearm if sent outside the Continental U.S.A or lower 48. Price reflects a 3% cash discount. Must have signed copy of your FFL dealer's license and must ship directly to your dealer. 1.Firearms can only be shipped to the address on your license. I will not process any action until I have a valid FFL on file. 2. Do not bid if you are from one of the following states with expanding gun control legislation: CALIFORNIA or MASSACHUSETTS. I am a small shop. I can get your gun out the door via USPS the same day of payment/FFL. Thanks for looking.. DAJ"

A California Highway Patrol Handgun that is not allowed in California. Only in the PRK. Srsly, don't buy from this guy. Also, for $1,500, you can get a Kimber Custom II instead, plus some mags and .45 ACP ammo and (depending on how many mags and ammo you bought) you still would have a couple hundred left over.

BigDogatPlay
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
And I see he's attracted a whole boatload of bids too.......... :)

Oldnoob
05-05-2010, 1:59 PM
That price is laughable. But lately I have seem more than few shooters that over estimated their pistol worth.

There are easy to find, just check our WTS forum.

robert101
05-05-2010, 2:18 PM
I like S&W's as I have two revolvers. Getting one of their semi-auto's has been an interest of mine for sometime. For that price, heck no.

And, why do people take pictures of their semi's with the slide open or locked back? I don't get it. Don't distroy the lines of the gun. Why not just take the pic with the slide off?

Bug Splat
05-05-2010, 3:51 PM
While looking into Law Enforcement for job opportunities I passed on the CHP for the very simple reason of me hating the 4006. No joke.

Sig556swat
05-05-2010, 3:56 PM
Hahahahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes S&W semi-auto's!

You couldnt give me a S&W auto

Rudolf the Red
05-05-2010, 9:26 PM
The seller is on crack with that price.

I have bought one before for a client. It was well under half that.

goathead
05-06-2010, 1:37 AM
not for 1500 i will stay with my 410 smith

Gryff
05-06-2010, 9:24 AM
A California Highway Patrol Handgun that is not allowed in California. Only in the PRK. Srsly, don't buy from this guy. Also, for $1,500, you can get a Kimber Custom II instead, plus some mags and .45 ACP ammo and (depending on how many mags and ammo you bought) you still would have a couple hundred left over.

Kind of the like the Kimber SIS model (honoring some special unit in the LAPD) that you can't buy in California?

tbhracing
05-06-2010, 9:32 AM
While looking into Law Enforcement for job opportunities I passed on the CHP for the very simple reason of me hating the 4006. No joke.

I totally do not blame you. I would pass as well. Also, the CHP is finally going to 12 hour shifts in some places. Took them forever to get out of old of old school thinking.

Anyplace that is not progressive and forward thinking, I would have a hard time working at.